RAW Minerals, RAW Natural Beauty / unethicial dishonest business practices

Intelligent Beauty
I fell for this ruse. A free trial offer that actually costs $95. I called to complain and have the charge reversed but they said that the information was on the website. I asked to talk to a supervisor, and they said they would not connect me, but they would take my number and have a supervisor call me.

They take all of your private information and keep the prices and details quite hidden. I found a large number of consumer complaints against the company and their business practices, as well as for the product. I am more concerned with unethical or illegal business practices.

My bank made recommendations to me of how to stop the charge and how to dispute it. I will work with my bank to try to recover the money and am curious to know whether I will ever hear from the supervisor.

This is one of probably many complaints judging by the large number of angry reviews I found online.

Thank you.

A  28th of Aug, 2009 by

I will never try a "free" trial again! There was ABSOLUTELY NO information about being charged $90 after 30 days on the offer- if there had been, I would've never consented!

When I researched product reviews, ONLY THEN was I informed about the truth. I checked back on the original offer to make sure it wasn't my mistake but there was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about being 'ENROLLED' in their $90 program- NOTHING. Like most people I try, then buy. SEPARATELY.

Thankfully, I caught this the same day I ordered but despite this, they claim the shipment already went out and they can't stop billing until I send their crap back. I recieved a cancellation number from customer service to put on the box when I return it but must foot ALL the shipping costs. So this "Free Trial" will end up costing me atleast $10 and up to $100.

N  20th of Jul, 2010 by
Wow and to think I would not order it when I found out I was going to have to pay for shipping I stopped because I felt a really bad feeling about a company that says it FREE then the first surprise is the shipping my point being if they are not up front about that what else are they not being up front about ... Go with the gut feeling it always is right :)
D  6th of Sep, 2010 by
This is for all the people who were too lazy to read all the facts (fine print) before purchasing!!! I was just about to order the product myself and right before I entered my credit card information, it actually does tell you that you will be charged $90.00 in 30 days if you are satisfied with the product. So if you didn't want to spend the $90.00 after using it for more than 30 days then your dumb-[censor] should have never ordered the product in the first place. The only one to blame is yourself. I just copied and pasted the website page where you enter your credit card information. So next time read everything like they taught you in school before you buy something you dumb-[censor] LOL. I guess I'm the only literate person here.

RAW NATURAL MINERALS™ 7-piece Discovery Kit
Priority Processing (2 - 5 Days) $9.95
Standard (7 - 10 Days) $4.95
Tax $0.00
Total $9.95

With antioxidant-rich Ambiaty, clinically proven to increase skin's natural collagen by up to 230% for a smoother, brighter complexion.Check Here! And add this to your order. Regular price: $59. Your Price Only $19.
Start your free 30 day trial of the RAW Natural Minerals Discovery Kit. If you enjoy RAW Natural Minerals, do nothing. You will be billed one low payment of $90.00, a 50% SAVINGS off the retail price and enrolled in the glow Beauty Lounge. If you are not completely satisfied, simply send the product back within 30 days, even if they are empty, and you will NEVER be billed and you will receive NO future shipments. The FREE BONUS GIFT is yours to keep.

As a glow Beauty Lounge member you will receive a fresh supply every 60 days at the low price of $59.50 (a 30% discount) plus $6.95 shipping & handling, and get additional discounts on other RAW Natural Beauty products. Limit 1 trial per household. Customer is responsible for return shipping and handling charges. CA, MN & NJ residents will be charged sales tax.
N  14th of Apr, 2011 by
To all the people talking about a literacy issue you need to grow up. This company doesnt diclose this information in the initial contract authorization of the shipping an handling processing on the "free trial". Regardless of whether the put it somewhere hidden in thier site or on the post email the send you AFTER you make the purchase. I will say it again. This is the equivilent of a resturaunt writing on the bathroom wall that they will charge all credit cards on a recurring payment if you buy thier food. Just because you missed or misinterpereted what was said there is no legal authorization form to allow the billing plain and simple.
N  13th of Feb, 2015 by
I thought this deal was fine. I read the disclosure n full before I got the free trial. It says if you don't like the product after 30 days or so to return the trial pack for no charge to your card. I got the trial with a prepaid Visa card so they couldn't charge me that few in the end. Free trap is a free trial. But it does fully disclose the charge on the agreement. You must have not read that part.