Rathbone Hotel / Unsafety

1 London, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

I stayed in RATHBONE HOTEL in London this summer. Allthough it was a 4 stars ; my 1000 pounds, red leather bag, my brown bag, my local currency all were lost in my Hotel room. I had only 20 pounds in my pocket. Thanks God i had put my credit card in my travel handbag. So my credit card was not lost. All the others i was saving in my hotel room.
I had to cancel my holiday, had to buy another ticket to fly back to my country one week before . So i had to pay again for ticket.All my holiday in London was a trouble.

I had no idea how would i return to my country back, if i didnt have credit card with me. It is a big disaster.

When i told this to the workers of the hotel; they didnt do anything. They only said they were sorry. This hotel caused a big trouble but they didnt interest.

It is unsafe hotel. If You still plan to go to this hotel never ever put something on a chair, or somewehere in Your hotel room. Dont think it is Your room and it is safe.

If i carried all my belongings with me London street would be safer than the RATHBONE HOTEL room.

Evren Gezer

Ev
Sep 01, 2014

Comments

• Do
      Sep 01, 2014

You say you reported this to "workers" but did you report to management? Did you file a police report? Does the hotel have video surveillance in the hallways?
    Simply going to the front desk and claiming you were robbed can be done by anyone; the hotel needs proof, and so do the police. Just like in Turkey.

• Mk
      Sep 01, 2014

Just like the other complaint you made blaming the booking company, it is not the hotels fault.
    You needed to call the police and follow up with them.
    If it was a 4 star place then they have cameras BUT it has to be the police that ask to see the footage.

Sep 02, 2014

Dear Don Tarr; Of course everybody knows the event in the hotel. Yes i also called the police, the investigation department (London Police) They called me and i explained everything. Unfortunatelly i dont know what they did if they went to hotel or not. Because i had to leave the hotel. Normally i would stay in UK one week more. I talked this also with London Police. I was very hopeful that the police could find the person with the cameras. I was definetelly sure they would find my belongings.But unfortunatelly they closed the case in two days. They wrote me an email on thursday that they would search the event, on saturday i received the second email from London Police that they closed the case. Im really dissapointed. How an event cou─▒ld be finished in two days? I cant understand. The proof is video. I had to cancel my holiday. If i didnt have credit card with me i had no idea how i could return back home with 20 pounds . It was the first time in UK. And i was an alone lady. The difference in Turkey they dont close the case in 2 days. I think It is not enough time to make a decision for a case like mine. Maybe it is very usual thing in London. Beacuse it is very crowded city and lots of tourists come there. Maybe the police is tired of such cases. I dont know . It is just a guess.
    One more thing, the front desk told me they had to wait the housekeeper to ask . They could ask the next morning. But they could call the housekeeper immediatelly to wait for the next morning.Or they could search with videos immediatelly. I had allready left the hotel. I dont know what happened after me. They only called me 24 hours later to say they didnt find anything and they were sorry.
    Thank You for Your comment.

Dear MkStltCh,

I wish all my heart, You never live such an experiance like i had in a foreign country especially if You are alone on Your own without any money.

Booking.com didnt publish my comment in their website. Why?? then? Do they have any right to block the other customers who check the hotels to know the facts?? They must behave objective. I chose this hotel according to the positive comments on website of booking.com

Yes i agree with You. It is 4 stars hotel. So they must have cameras. That is why i was very hopeful that my belongings would be found. I have no idea if the Police had asked.

Thank You for Your comment.

• Mk
      Sep 02, 2014

"Booking.com didnt publish my comment in their website. Why??"
    The answer is simple... The hotel did nothing wrong so it is not a true review of the hotel. If the staff at the hotel stole the property OR they caused the property to be stolen then it is a true review of them. If the robbery was by another person then it is not a true review of the services of the hotel. I could see if the window was broken and the thief got in because of it that. Then if was again the fault of the hotel for not securing the room. If you left the door propped open while you went for ice then it is on you. If someone picked the lock because they are a thief then it is neither your fault or the hotels fault but just a theft.

AND I never said I anything about wishing people and experience like this, I just do not see why you are blaming them.

Sep 02, 2014

I cant understand why are You always behind the hotel?? Everything happened in the hotel could be written . It is not a comment, it is an event i had lived. So i have right to tell about it .So everybody has right to know what could happen in a 4 stars hotel in website of booking.com.

How could my belongings be dissapeared in my room?? Probably someone entered to my rooom after i left, took them. There is no other explanation.

Are You working in the hotel?? You are changing the subject and probably You are someone from the hotel.

Are You making fun with me? Or You are watching so many Hollywood films. What are You trying to do with changing the subject and writing so many unlogical options to the event??? It doesnt make any sense.

Please Leave me alone with my sadness .