Rate Reduction Company/Center / Identify theft scam

Pre-recorded message asking if you want to reduce your rate on your VISA or MASTERCARD. Press 9 to talk to person. She answered the phone as "Rate Reduction Company please enter your VIsa number." When I argued about FCC regulations she gave me [protected] as the call back number and hung up on me. THIS IS THE REAL PHONE NUMBER FOR VISA to report stolen cards. If you get this phone scam and you have CALLER ID please contact your local police, the FCC, the FTC, and your state attorney general. This is a crime in progress. Be aware of it and do not give them any information.

Va

Comments

Pr
  25th of Jun, 2009

I just got a call from them. I pressed 6 to talk to them with the intention of asking them to put me on their do not call list. The man was rude to me. He kept asking me if I was responding to the lower interest rate offer. I kept telling him that I was responding to the offer and that my response was "Put me on your do not call list." He kept saying that responding to the offer had nothing to do with that. I kept telling him to put me on the do not call list. I had to ask him several times what company he was from. He kept ignoring me and finally said Rate Reduction Center for Visa and Mastercard. He asked me about my interest rate and I told him I pay off the card each month. Then he said, "Then we can't benefit you, " and he hung up.

That's when I decided to try to find out what that company is all about. I wish I had caller ID. I would have gladly reported him.