RareDVDs.tv / Not receiving order and not responding to emails

I ordered the series of Mama's Family from raredvds.tv around Dec28th. Immediately my debit card was charged for the order and I was sent two separate email stating that the order would be sent in 10-14 days. That I would also receive and email upon shipping of the order. Jan.19 I still have not received the dvds and I am reading all kinds recent complaints about this company on the internet. I have emailed them 4 times today and am not getting a response. Don't know if we'll ever receive the dvds that we payed 97 dollars for.

A  1st of Feb, 2007 by
I ordered a set on 12/9/06 and was emailed a "confirmation" that I'd receive my purchase by 12/23 (10-14days.) Since then, I have sent 5 emails to the "company" requesting an update on my order. I have only received one response (on 1/10/07) claiming a "slight backorder," and letting me know that my purchase should be shipped in 5 days or less. That's the last I have heard. Luckily, my credit card has not been charged yet, but now I'm nervous that it will be, say, 6 months down the road after I have "forgotten." Identity theft...here I come. Fantastic. Wish I would have found this complaint site sooner. Good luck!
A  3rd of Feb, 2007 by
On 11/22/06 I ordered, as a Christmas present, one set of Voltron DVD. On 11/27/06 my card was charged $124.99 for the set. As of today, 2/3/07, I still have not received the DVDs.

I have sent several email with no response. I tried to contact the company that processed by card and couldn't get a hold of them.

I even tried to contact the Better Business Bureau, but since I don't have an address for the company, they were unable to help.
N  12th of Feb, 2007 by
I was considering purchasing the entire DVD collection for the show Daria. This is a very very coveted DVD compilation & i was shocked to find that ANY company had it. But the site, raredvds.tv, did not sit well with me. First off, i couldn't find an address for it ANYWHERE and when i finally did find one it was based in the Philippines. No phone number for contact purposes, only e-mail addressed. Second red flag. Also the FAQ had odd questions. It said "I've tried to use my credit card and I'm having errors what should I do?" and the answer was "This happens a lot, just contact us." I thought to be myself: This happens a lot? Why? Also, they only accept Visa and Mastercard. Why? Also, not a .com website. Fishy. Also they seemed to overcompensate the fact that they were scam artists by posting WAY too many explanations of how "secure" they are. FISHY. I was debating whether or not I was paranoid, when I decided to do a Google search for "raredvds.tv" and this site came up. I want to thank everyone who posted because your posts really did what this website was meant to do: prevented me from making a mistake. I hope all of you got your money back. I won't be buying from raredvds.tv. Thanks again.
A  26th of Feb, 2007 by
I ordered the first season of Gunsmoke as a gift for my husband. When I opened the DVD case, it stunk of fire smoke. The second DVD in the set stops in the middle of an episode and I cannot advance the dvd. There are 8 episodes on the 4th dvd in the set however, there are really 7 because there are two of the same episode back to back, so one episode is missing. I emailed them 3 times and left a voice mail for them to return my call. No answer from them. I put in a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Shame on me for ordering from them. I should have known something wasn't right when on their "contact us" page they only list orders@raredvds.tv as a form of contact, no address, no phone number. Buyer beware!!!
A  3rd of Mar, 2007 by
These guys are scam artist of the worst kind. Don't trust them. They still your money mostly and don't send the product and if they send the product it is no good. It's low quality off sync with lips and also poor picture quality worse than a twenty year old vhs.

I bought Daria the and the quality is bad. And they charged lots of money too. I suggest some one write to MTV and tell them that this is going on. I hope they get shut down for good.