rareDVDclassics.com / ripoff

486 S RIPLEY BLVD #165Alpena, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: n/a
I was fooled into believing this site had "Howard the Duck" on Region1 format DVDs. Placed the order over a month ago, and haven't received anything.

The $24.94 "grand total" was deducted from my account almost IMMEDIATELY after I pressed the "confirm" button. I have sent emails to the email provided with my 'receipt' (raredvdclassics@yahoo.com), never getting a response. I have never received any shipment information, no email about a problem with their servers, nothing. I have tried with all of my might to get a phone number, a tracking code, SOMETHING - to bring these disgusting frauds to justice...but I can't seem to get anywhere.

I've reported them to the BBB, but I'm sure nothing will come of that.

I have read so many reports online (of course I see them after I had stupidly purchased a "DVD", as well), where people have not received anything, receive an empty DVD case, or maybe receive a poor bootleg copy with a computer-printed DVD label.

I really wish there was something else I could do. This was supposed to be for my boyfriend's birthday, and it's really disheartening to know you just can't trust your money with even a "secure" site anymore...

Comments

Ti
  22nd of Nov, 2008
The same exact thing happened to me with the same movie. I can't get to the website when I save it in my favorties, but if I go to the forum where I found the link it takes me there. The phone number is bogus too. How can people get away with stealing money like this??
Fr
  23rd of Feb, 2009
I just contacted Amazon.Com because this site is listed on their site, and that is just outrageous!

I have contacted my credit card company and complained, but this company has already run off with the money. Their website, however, is still operating and collecting money. My order was just two weeks ago! Why hasn't that website been shut down? These complaints go all the way back to early 2008! Who is responsible for doing this????