Rarechic.com / Internet

I purchased a handbag from Rarechic.com. According to their website, it was supposed to ship within 2 business days; I paid for expedited shipping. The day after I was supposed to receive the handbag, I emailed their customer service address to inquire about its whereabouts. I received no reply. I emailed again 4 days later and once again received no response. When I received my credit card statement, I saw that they had charged me for the handbag. I called Rarechic and they informed me that their had been an error in the shipping department and that they would credit my account immediately. I just received the next credit card statement and they have still not credited my account. Thus, I called the credit card company and have disputed the charge.

Do not purchase from this business. Either they are incompetent or they deliberately steal from their customers.

1a

Comments

• Al
      15th of Apr, 2009

I am having the exact same problem with them and am going to report them and contact my bank. Do you happen to know their address. Has your problem been resolved since your post?

• Ml
      22nd of May, 2009

I've had problems with RareChic too. The company is really shady and tries to rip you off money-wise as much as they can. They never return your calls or answer back your emails. Do any of you guys have their address??

• Up
      10th of Jun, 2009

I also had problems with Rare chic on an order of wallpaper I made in December 2008. It never arrived, and I was charge for it immediately. A first e-mail I sent inquiring about the order was answered by Leslie G. Lewis (leslie@rarechic.com), in it I was informed that "since the product I ordered was hand made it will take 4 weeks before it is finished" and that "due to the holidays there was a tiny bit of a back-up". After this answer, I was never able to get hold of anyone and I never received the order I paid for.

Upset Chic

• Ru
      29th of Oct, 2009

Yea, same thing here. I bought a jacket but had to return it because it was too small. Leslie G. Lewis answered my original inquiry about where to return it, and ever since then, I have not been able to reach anyone at Rarechic. I've sent emails and called to no avail. I'm going to wait a little longer since it has not been 30 days since my return, and if I still get no response and no credit shows up on my bank account, I am filing a dispute for the charge. Do not do business with this place!!! Ugh

2nd of Nov, 2009

I have all of my email conversations with Leslie still intact because I want to file an official complaint. I paid for items that I never received and they won't give me a refund although all of her emails say that she will. Her last email said that she already refunded my account. I checked my bank statements and NO REFUND WAS PLACED. After that, she just stopped answering any of my emails. BEWARE!!! I really am going to look into filing a formal complaint since I have saved all of our conversations. STAY AWAY FROM RARECHIC!!!

• Ic
      17th of Nov, 2009

I can't believe that I didn't find this page earlier that could save me from all these trouble. I had the same problem as all of you. I pre-ordered a jacket from them in August (which was supposedly to arrived in mid October). They charged me right away. In mid October, I emailed them. Leslie G. Lewis wrote me back and said the jacket will be ready in 2 weeks. Two weeks later, I emailed her again and again. She is non-responsive ever since. I dunno if I can ever get my money back since the payment was 2-month old. I am so frustrated!! This is the first time that something like that had happened to me.

• Ge
      3rd of Dec, 2009

ALWAYS FILE YOUR CC BANK/CO. WITH THESE SCAMMERS AND BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU (BBB) TO THEM. AND DON'T EVER GIVE UP~~ these scammers should go to hell.

• Pl
      12th of Apr, 2010

I just recently ordered a dress from rarechic and I am attempting to return it. It is funny how quick the response was while inquiring about the dress but I have gotten no feedback about the return and there was no shipping or kind or reciept when I recieved the Garment. This site came recommended from the designer website it was the only vendor that sold the designer in the states. If anyone knows a different way to get in touch with Leslie Lewis or the address to send it back please let me know. I'm very disappointed and did anyones complaint ever get resolved or did the get a refund?

19th of Apr, 2010

So, I was thinking about it... If you can't get in touch with Leslie, try contacting them publicly on twitter (http://twitter.com/Rarechic) or on their facebook (http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Rarechiccom/28536658605?ref=ts). Maybe making it public will get their attention. (If you do so, please don't forget to mention Leslie's absolute disregard for any of Rarechic's customers.

19th of Apr, 2010

Haha. And I just found Leslie's twitter: http://twitter.com/LeslieGLewis

Good luck!

20th of Jun, 2010

Hi Everyone,

I am having the same problems - it seems this is a fairly usual way for Leslie to do 'business'. I ordered a few things back in April, and at first got a couple of prompt email responses from Leslie about when my order would be shipped etc. Then nothing. After a few weeks of emailing her and getting no response, I finally got an email with the same line about being busy with a move etc. and that my order would be shipped the following week. It's been over a month and still nothing. I just can't believe that the business is still in operation! I urge everyone who has had a similar experience with Rarechic to file a formal complaint with the BBB, dispute the transaction with their credit card providers, AND contact the actual label/brand that supplies the item you tried to order. They need to be aware that their brand is being misrepresented, and that Leslie is deliberately stealing from her customers. Once the BBB receives enough complaints about Rarechic, they will be able to close it down.

Also, continue to post your complaints/experiences on here and on Purse Blog – anywhere you can think of really!
    http://forum.purseblog.com/general-shopping/beware-of-rarechic-com-528274-2.html - hopefully, this will stop more people from being ripped off.

Good luck!

20th of Jun, 2010

Oh yeah, the listed business address is 67 Thompson Street
    Manhattan, NY 10012, to those that have asked.

• Pl
      21st of Jun, 2010

Has anyone had any luck disputing their claim with their credit card provider. I bought a dress back in April and sent it back and I am getting the same excuses from Leslie. I made the purchase with my debit card so I was wondering if it was worth it to make the claim with my bank? if anyone has had success that way? Thank You!

21st of Jun, 2010

DEFINITELY give it a go - I know at least one other person who got a refund - http://forum.purseblog.com/general-shopping/beware-of-rarechic-com-528274.html - but it took a while! You just have to be persistent.
    Rarechic is clearly a dodgy business, so if you report it to the bank they should be able to help you out, just make sure you have all of your emails to Leslie and receipts etc. Also, file a complaint with the BBB, they may work with the bank to get your money back. The sooner this business is closed down, the better!

• Pe
      23rd of Jun, 2010

The same thing has happened to me. I ordered a dress from Leslie Lewis (aka Rarechic) in March and she never sent it. First she claimed after two emails that it had sold out before I placed my order and that she was waiting for it to come in. A month after that she said she'd been too busy with the move and that she would send it within a week. It's been another six weeks and nothing. After I found this message board I realised that she has been having me on, so I emailed her asking for a refund and there's been no response. She was really quick to debit my credit card but doesn't seem to understand that she has to produce what I paid for.

I'd like to reiterate what the others have said and send the message out for people not ever to shop at rarechic.com. Leslie will take your money and you'll get nothing for it.

I'll be talking to my credit card company and filing a complaint with the BBB, and also telling the brand I paid for all about this appalling misuse of their name. If anyone else comes here with the same problem, I wish you the best of luck in getting it resolved.

• St
      6th of Sep, 2010

Looks like rarechic hasn't changed at all. Wish I had found this place before placing an order. I ordered an $$$ Lorick dress from rarechic and it never shipped. I sent Leslie and customer service multiple e-mails about the shipping status of my order and received no response. I then send an e-mail stating that if I did not receive my purchase that I expected a refund within 10 business days and if that did not happen I was going to file a dispute with my bank and the BBB. Of course, I again received no response, no refund and no package. My bank luckily reversed the charge and I have already filed a complaint with the BBB. I can't believe this place is still up and running!

• Da
      21st of Sep, 2010

Well, I just placed an order for a Sharon Segal shirt on Sept. 7. It is now the 21st and no package, nor any response to my two e-mail inquiries. How long do I give it before I start disputing the charge? So sick that I didn't find this first. Have any of you had any luck filing formal complaints?

• La
      7th of Oct, 2010

I plraced a order on August 22nd. Have not received any shipping information nor the merchandise. Have filed a dispute with my credit card company. The website is down, and emails to info@rarechic.com bounce back. Wish I had found this website before buying!!

• Js
      9th of Oct, 2010

I [censor]ING HATE YOU RARECHIC!!!

• Ar
      13th of Apr, 2011

Wow! God, I didn't know this page existed. This company cheated me out of $60 in March 2010. I order a 4-pack of glow in the dark shot glasses from them, and they never delivered them. I once managed to get in contact via email with a manager or someone of the sort and she promised to send the item. I waited...nothing. I then emailed her again and no response. Over a year has passed. NEVER buy from this company. EVER.