Rapidshare.com / Deceptive

United States Review updated:
Rapidshare premium service is horrible. When I first joined they had 25gb for 5 days then they increased it to 10gb a day, which was great. But at the end of October, it's been reduced to 2.7gb a day and they still charge you the same price. They claim that this is an improvement!

I was stupid enough to believe what the wrote saying that "existing plans" won't be affected. So I renewed my account. Nope, not only is my bandwidth reduced to 2.7gb/80gb month, but they included the usage before the renewal. So on the day that I renewed my account, I have no bandwidth and it looks like I have to wait 30 days to get the next 80gb month!

Comments

Ja
  13th of Jan, 2009
I have checked this yesterday and i searched internet to find out if i was the only one to be in this situation. I too share of your problem and I'm going to change service to some other provider.

When someone/something grows too big they start bossing others around...

Either we get a DECENT service or there's a rebalance of the scales..
Ni
  15th of Feb, 2009
I agree with you. I have the same problem. In my account login page it says: "You are going to continue to be credited with 10 GB download traffic per day, until 05.07.2009. It is 140 days remaining.". Although when I am trying to download more than 2.6GB my downloaded file says: "You have exceeded the download limit. Your account is credited with 2.66 Gigabytes per day. 2.66 Gigabytes are equal to 2.660.000.000 Bytes."

That is a fraud. I paid for 10GB per day not 2.6GB. Without having the option to get my money back for the rest 140 days, I have the right to call them thieves..

Get another provider.. I agree
Em
  26th of Feb, 2009
I agree with you all. And now Rapidshare has invented a new method of conning people. If you use any Download accelerator (DAP, IDM etc) to download files hosted on RS, your Download Traffic will decrease FASTER than if you download normally. Since Download accelerators open connect using multiple ports, RS will decrease your Dwonload traffic by a multiple of the number of ports. e.g if you download a 10MB file using IDM which normally creates 8 ports, your Download traffic will decrease by 10 x 8 =80MB!!!

Now this truly is fraud because RS claim that one of the advantages of having a PREMIUM account is that it SUPPORTS Download accelerator, when it clearly doesn't. SO everyone who thinks that their Download Traffic is finishing up faster than it should, this it the reason.
As
  31st of Mar, 2009
i share your problem as well.
but the worst is that if you send an e mail to the support team you always get the same automatic answer.
they are thieves and they starting to do so without no shame at all there for i decided to move to megaupload.

by the way i am still sending them mails till ill get a normal answer
u can send them mails to if you like to
support@rapidshare.com
Pe
  9th of Apr, 2009
I agree with all of you that Rapidshare.com is nothing but a scam. For example, I created an account with them and paid through PayPal. Now my account was good till the 8th of April.
However, because their services is located in germany and I live in the USA the time-zones are differentI agree with all of you that Rapidshare.com is nothing but a scam. For example, I created an account with them and paid through PayPal account. Now my account was good until the 8th of April of this month.
I got home around 8:00pm USA Eastern Time on the 7th day of April and got a message
from my friend who returned back from a trip in London and that he had uploaded some movies of his trip to Rapidshare.
I decided to login to my Rapidshare account when I notice the message stating this account expired on the 8th of April WHAT!
I was so mad that I emailed them and told them that it is not fair for users who live in another part of the world to be scammed out of their time. I also said because they are 6hrs ahead of my time that I automatically lose 6hrs, which to me is not 100 percent service but a way to rip-off customers that live in another part of the world.
I also told them that since their services is located in Germany; Germany users do not get ripped off of their time. They replied by saying, they are not located in Germany, but Switzerland and that there is nothing wrong with their service LOL!
I traced their Domain name NOT the IP, which are two different things, and it reported Germany, however their internet service provider is located in Netherlands.
I just want to say for those that live in other countries, beware that Rapidshare.com is a rip-off and that you will not get the full service that you expect.
B.M
Br
  23rd of Apr, 2009
Here´s another one from the NASTY RAPIDSHARE TEAM. I´ve paid for a premium account and wanted to extend my account by another year. I paid a year´s subscrption via my English paypal account but paypal blocked my payment as I had made the payment from Spain where I reside too. As a result of this the NASTY RAPIDSHARE TEAM has frozen my account EVEN WHEN I STILL HAVE 14 DAYS FROM MY CURRENT SUBSCRIPTION to use up. Their inept fraud detection has swung into action and I´m not even sure I´ll be able to recover my files nor even the points on this premium account.

I have sent them no end of emails and the only reply they give me is the same: it´s the system that closes you down! So, even when I have valid days remaining on my account I´m being treated like a criminal.

Moreover, can you believe it that rapidshare hasn´t even thought of changing their software programme to deal with problems such as this?
Kp
  20th of Nov, 2009
In general i use rapidshare free account to have any kind of downlode that are available but form the beagining of the month while i try to use the freeuser it appears that

"Your IP address 58.68.66.251 is already downloading a file. Please wait until the download is completed"
or
"Your IP address 58.68.66.250 is already downloading a file. Please wait until the download is completed"

so please send me the resolve with regarding to this problem.

thanking you,

K. Partha sarathi reddy
mymailsatg@gmail.com
Pa
  24th of Nov, 2009
You will get nowhere complaining to support

Try emailing and calling somebody in the company with a bit more power

Bobby Chang, COO at RapidShare AG
tel.: +41-41-748-78-88, email: bchang@rapidshare.com

Katharina Scheid, Press officer at RapidShare AG
tel.: +41-41-748-78-81 email: kscheid@rapidshare.com
Je
  30th of Nov, 2009
Rapidshare is a company well known for it's deceptive trade practices. Now they introduced a new "improvement" : you can't convert your free points into additional traffic. Any company
has the right to increase price for its services, but it should do it on new contracts, or at least
to inform customers about the change.
Rapidshare provides a good file hosting, but it has a stinking management.
Do
  11th of Jan, 2010
This site harbors crimals who knowingly and willingly upload files for download that thay do not own.
I have my own music being E-raped on their site and when I even go to research who and where this activity originating I am pulled of the site because it is a known phishing/malware site.
SO WHY IS IT STILL ON THE NET??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Sm
  11th of Jul, 2012

Rapidshare.com - Use at your own risk
Rapidshare.com
rapidshare.com

I went on this site once and, without clicking on anything at all, received "Vista Security Alerts" malware on my computer before Google Chrome pulled the whole "site not safe" thing and told me to back out. Took forever to get cleaned off my computer (I wasn't that skilled, at the time) and decided never to go on the site again. Then, while browsing on a forum, someone posted a link. Regrettably, I did not check the properties of the link and clicked it. It lead to Rapidshare and, yet again, my computer immediately got the gracious gift of "Vista Security Alerts" malware bestowed upon it without even interacting with the god damn page. Some of my friends use this site no problem, and two others have had the same results as me, so I'm not sure what's up with that. Use at your own risk.
De
  26th of Apr, 2013
report them to the Department of Commerce and Insurance for your state. They'll send you a form and a copy will go to the company. I did that one time and that company refunded my fee, my last years fee, and a year fee I never even paid LMAO IT WORKS.