Rapid Reading Institute / never ordered / taking money from account every month..69.00

1 421 N 7th StPhiladelphia, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-774-4276

I went on our bank account site and found that my husband and I have been having 69.00 taken from our account for several months...when I went into it..I found it was from the Rapid Reading Institute in Philadelphia PA...We NEVER ordered this product, but they have been taking the money from our account for months...someone out there must know something...

Comments

• Ca
      11th of Jun, 2009

They are violating the requirements of the fair debt collection act. This act has a fee shifting rule which means you may be able to use a lawyer and have the creditor pay your lawyer.

• Te
      18th of Jun, 2009

Rapid Reading Institute are sharks. They sign you up for trials through Trialpay or other services where you might buy one thing (software, in my case), but you can get it for free if you try another offer. I tried Rapid Reading for $3.95 shipping. Hidden was the fact that you had to return it within a certain amount of time or you would be charged $69.00. That's what happened to me. Very shifty people, and are not interested in hearing any stories that involve refunds. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!

• Ji
      18th of Jun, 2009

I agree. They do not want to accept returns or work with you in any way concerning this product.
    I canceled the credit card. I wish I had canceled it right after I ordered to make sure this didn't happen.

No information in the box except an order receipt. Does anyone have the correct address for returns. I can return to the address on the shipping label but that may not be the right one.

• Te
      19th of Jun, 2009

There website with return and other BS information is here:

The address they give for returns is

Internet Order LLC
    Returns Department
    4412 Ludlow St.
    Philadelphia, PA 19104

But it says that they won't accept returns without an RMA which can only be gotten through a telephone call to them.

It's a garbage product, but I'm not going to return it without some sort of authorization from them, which I don't think they'll be giving.

... I just got off the phone with them. Email me in a couple of weeks and I might have a promising update for you. tedable@gmail.com

• Sh
      27th of Sep, 2010

I'm experiencing the same issue with the company. shnicht763@hotmail.com. could somebody please email me with what results to expect and what action to take?

• Ji
      27th of Sep, 2010

they will not deal with you at all. If you call during the trial period they
    will give you an extension but then if you want to return the item they act
    like they knew nothing of the time extension.
    All you can do is cancel the credit card or they will take $69 a month for 5
    months.

If you did not order the product at all you should call your bank and file a
    fraudulent charge claim. The bank will cancel the card for you and order a
    replacement. Also file a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center
    (IC3) http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
    Your complaint should be justified since they do most of their business on
    the net.

Filing the claim at IC3 will initiate an investigation by your state's
    Attorney Generals Office. This will get results, guaranteed.

I had a fraudulent charge on one of my bank cards and the bank directed me
    to the site to file a claim. Even though the bank refunded the charge
    amount, digital river also gave me a personal phone call and refunded the
    charge.