Rapid Reading Institute / Worst place on earth

1 421 N 7th Ste 099Philadelphia, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-774-3482

I ordered a trial rapid reading cd. I was given an extended trial because by the time I received the item, the trial would have been over. I returned the item on March 3, 2009 via the USPS. I received a charge on my account on March 28, of $69.00. Tanya, an uneducated sounding sales person answered the phone. She refused to help me, and would not check with her warehouse to track the package. She then, would not let me speak with her superiors.

I have info from the Post office saying this company has received the package at least a week ago.

Ha

Comments

21st of Apr, 2009

This is one of the largest scams going. It doesn't work #1. #2, you got billed $69. You're on the hook for 5 payments. $350 later, you're finished.

WHAT A CROCK OF 5#1@

8th of May, 2009

Likewise. I didn't print a hardcopy and have a lawyer read through the purchase terms. The $70 or so I'd expected to spend turned into a $350 wallet grab.
    Once bitten, twice-shy.

• Te
      19th of Jun, 2009

Exactly the same thing here. They are incredibly dishonest, are not the slightest bit interested in customer service, and I have lost $69.00 through their misleading and dishonest offer. I should just chalk it up to experience and forget about it, but I take this personally.

• Ha
      5th of Jul, 2009

It sounded a little expensive. I did read the terms and conditions and they plainly stated if I did not return the product in 15 days they would bill me . I was not willing to pay 350 for software I was skeptical would work for me, and I really did not care about getting the software free from the compay that referred me, whatever the software was it was only 35.00/
    Terms & Conditions:
    We want to thank you for electing to try a 15-day free trial of PhotoReading, the revolutionary rapid reading course that teaches you to read any book in as little as 15 minutes by turning your mind into a human digital camera capturing bits of information at a phenomenal rate of up to 25, 000 words a minute. With PhotoReading, you'll unlock unused portions of your subconscious brain allowing you to fly through stacks of books, magazines, and emails while easily retaining everything you read! Upon submitting your order, we will ship you the elite PhotoReading course plus two free bonus items, which will be yours to try without risk for a full 15 days. If at any time and for any reason during the 15-day trial period, you decide that PhotoReading is not for you, simply call 1- 866-774-3482 to return the course with no further obligation to you. Pay nothing. If, however, you decide to keep your course, we will conveniently bill your credit card in five equal monthly payments of $69. It's that simple!

• Ws
      9th of May, 2010
    Rapid Reading Institute - scam
    Rapid Reading Institute

This company is offing a poor product. They send a free trial CD and automatically deduct $69.00 each month out of your checking account. They will not allow the product to be returned. They are modern day internet con people. I could cry.

9th of May, 2010

They are no different than Video Professor, Hydroxatone, acai berry crap, beauty products, various forms of teeth whitener products, hundreds more products too numerous to mention, and anything else that claims to give you a " no risk free trial". They are ALL rip off scams.

One thing to remember... if the commercial says "It's a FREE TRIAL"...IT IS A DAMN SCAM!
    No matter which product or service, no matter the fake testimonials, no matter who endorses it, and no matter what they promise or guarantee to you...they will lie through their teeth and say ANYTHING to get your credit info. Do not believe anything they tell you!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!