Rapid Cable / Does not honor their commitments!

Arp, TX, United States Review updated:
Rapid Cable sent notification of a price increase effective Dec 1st. This price increase represented a 55 percent increase (from $80 to $125). I did not accept this increase and called on Oct 30th to have my service disconnected. The scheduled date was November 16th. I had to make arrangements to be off from work that day. I even called to confirm the appointment the day before and on the 16th. When they hadn't showed up by 2pm I called again and was assured they would be there. I repeated the call at 4pm and 6pm. They never showed up, never called. Anytime I have had to have a technician come out they never do until I've complained a half dozen times. I finally contacted a supervisor (had to insist several times on talking with a supervisor before I was transferred). As of now, the dispatcher is supposed to contact me and tell me what time today they will be by. I'm not holding my breath. We'll see if they actually do. It's too bad consumers have to really scream before service complaints are taken care. To my mind, this is not a good way to do business.
Va

More Rapid Cable Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Li
  29th of Nov, 2007
We are big cowboy fans and guess what, rapid cable will not be covering it tonight on any station. I've heard you can get it by satellite on the NFL channel but rapid cable doesn't carry that channel. You know what money talks and us blue collar workers who can't afford to go to dallas and pay the high price to get in are the SUCKERS!!!
Bi
  22nd of Jan, 2009
In De Leon, Texas, Rapid Cable provides cable internet and cable TV. Both services are the absolute worst you can imagine. The TV cable is CONSTANTLY messed up, especially on our local channels from Abilene and Dallas/FW. And the internet service is horrible. It runs extremely slow and cuts on and off constantly, making it almost impossible to get a simple email through. And if you do any business on the internet or have websites, you're really screwed because for over a month, uploading files is impossible. You can't maintain a website if you can't upload files, so it's a serious situation. It can take an hour to print 2 or 3 shipping labels on ebay. I've called them repeatedly for the past 2 years. Every time that they have promised to send a technician, they NEVER EVER SHOWED UP. If you call them, the one person who answers the phone always says "we're working on it" but it never gets fixed. I've sent emails to their tech support at rapidcable.com and guess what? NEVER EVER DO I GET A REPLY. Even if the entire town had their service cut off, rapid cable would not even care. They have plenty of suckers in other areas. They are the perfect example of how bad customer service really is these days.
Bi
  22nd of Jan, 2009
Linda, speaking of Cowboys games, I agree with you. I believe it was last year's superbowl that our tv reception was so bad it was almost unwatchable. And we completely missed the Texas-OU game a year ago. The cable was out the entire day. And that's just the beginning. I could go on and on all day long.
De
  29th of Jan, 2009
why won't rapid cable commission answer there phone and if you do get them they hang up? all i need to do is to disconnect my rapid cable for we quiting rapid cable. I am Delbert Rogers @ 144 Whitney .Texas 76692 my phone is 254-694-5289

PS. TRIED TO CALL AND THEY ANSWER AND THEN HANG UP?WHY?

IF THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO DISCONNECT FROM RAPID CABLE PLEASE TELL HOW TO CONTACT THEM, THANKS
Ca
  20th of Feb, 2009
Have left messages and request for quotes for services.
Never returns calls nor answers there phones.
As many people that are in need of jobs now, hire more get people that are willing to do the job.
Carolyn
Resort Office Manager
Mi
  8th of Feb, 2010
Rapid Cable has since changed their name once again to REACH BROADBAND and their service is just as bad as ever or maybe even worse. If your cable goes out, they say they can't take you seriously unless at least 3 people call, even though you're the only one on the block that's on cable where everyone else is on satellite. These people are the biggest ### in the world. If they won't answer the phone, contact belwave.com or belwave.net. They are the real source of all the cable/internet problems and the ones collecting the cash from Reach. Belwave Communications is in Ft. Worth.