Randy Sigley / Rental Scam

1 Colorado Springs, CO, United States Review updated:

I found a great place to rent and was very excited. I am single mom and work very hard for my money. I have emails to prove ALL of this. Randy told me the place would be available December 20th. I offered to put down half of the deposit and sign a lease after I met him and saw the place. He seemed nice and no worse than any other landlord I've had. A few days later we met next door to my work and I read and signed a lease with him and gave him a check for half of the deposit. When he went to get the second copy to sign, it wasn't there. He said he would send me a scanned copy. He told me he had to verify my employment. He NEVER did this. He had the same bank as I did, and instead of simply depositing the check like most businesses would, he cashed it IMMEDIATELY. I had told him that I would like to get the pet deposit out of the way early. He said that was fine and I told him it would be the Friday after Thanksgiving. He was going to send me his account number along with the scanned lease. I never got these so I contacted him on that date and told him I had the money for the pet deposit and would like to pay him at his convenience. He didn't get back to me until that Sunday, November 25. He gave me his account number and I immediately used USBank BillPay to pay the bill. Immediately. He said it was fine. He chose this payment method. I emailed him to let him know the date the money would clear for him. I received an email saying he would watch for it and that he had had a seizure and would be out of the loop for a few days. On Thursday, the day he should have had the money, he emailed saying that he had not received it. Then he emailed and said he had received it. THEN he emailed and said he hadn't received it and was holding me in breach of my lease for non-payment and not making an effort to pay and for choosing a payment method that "failed and continues to fail" Now, I have never moved in. I asked to pay the deposit early. I tried to pay it early. I DID pay it early. USBank can and will confirm that. He has since stopped returning my emails. He listed the property back on craigslist right after he told me that I broke the lease. He also says that I am responsible for any rent money that he does not receive during the period of my lease. I have contacted the tv stations, the Independent (they called me today), the Gazette, the police, the bank, the bbb, the military police (he has a long story about his military career and his son) and craigslist. If this man has scammed you, PLEASE contact me. I will not rest until he pays for what he has done to so many of us.

Mi

More Randy Sigley Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ji
      4th of Sep, 2010

I must say that my issues with Mr Sigley have been resolved in Mediation.

• Ti
      16th of Dec, 2012

I am in the middle of this nightmare and have been for months. He has turned off heat on the coldest days saying someone must have broken in and shut it off...this happened the night he requested my supplemental back. I have watched him in action and would like to aid in bringing him down so that no other underprivileged family is taken advantage of by this man.

• St
      22nd of Jan, 2018

@tickedofftenant Please help me with Randy Sigley me and my kids are going through the same deal this man even had the nerve to kick my dog. 5093898224 or stefandloncar@gmail.com

16th of Dec, 2012

I am sending you a private message. I have vowed not to stop until I make Randy Sigley stop.

16th of Dec, 2012

I have also contacted the Attorney General and the local DA-Economic Crime Division.

• Bj
      31st of Jan, 2013

Hi I am currently renting from him.. it's hell. He has knocked on my door several times within hours, he has told me I can move out numerous time and then and he said you can't you have a lease aggeement, we caught him standing in front of mydooor listening and when we opened it he ran there has been soon much but the best is yet to come I recently recieved an e mail from him accusing me of selling Meth and weed. I contacted cspd and they said he was making threats and it's a matter for civil courts. I have E-mail from him threatening me and harassing me and my family.

31st of Jan, 2013

They always say that. Please keep your emails. Conct the independent. I did an interview with the. I need more ppl on my side. This man is a menace. I am still trying to recover financially since he stole my money. I now know what a blessing it was not to move into one of his properties. I am in currently suing him in small claims. I don't have much hope that I will have any closure anytime soon.

• Bj
      31st of Jan, 2013

Your lucky to have not moved in. I can't believe I'm finding sooo. Many people he has did this to I will contact independent. He's sick and has no right to so this to people. He's sick. I'm taking it to civil courts I can't stay here any more.

• Rd
      5th of Feb, 2013

You can't sue him. You have to go after his management company... which has multiple names. There's Front Range Management, LLC and Pike's Peak Rentals and Services, LLC. It's my understanding from other complaints I've read about him that the actual company is owned by his ex-wife in California, so taking action against him is typically fruitless. You have to go after the company, not the "employee." Good luck... I narrowly averted getting involved with him and am glad to this day that I avoided it.

• Ep
      2nd of Apr, 2013

randy came into my apartment one day saying that since my thermostat was set to 70 degrees he is going to give me a higher utility bill which was normally $150. the higher bill was $258!!! when i fought this he tried to evict me. I said im moving out and breaking my lease. he would send crazy emails saying he is closing the building down and then send another one saying he was joking. when i moved out i said i needed more time. he then locked me out of my apartment with my belongings in it. the same night he locked me out and my entire apartment was robbed. when i was waiting for the police to come he showed up and went thru the apartment. went to court and when we did he told the judge i filed a false police report and said that the day i was robbed he went in and took pictures of my apartment and everything on the police report was still in apartment and showed a pic of my belongings to the judge that was on police report. so he basically took a pic of my stuff while he was changing my locks and then had me robbed by his people and had them take a pic so he was covered. he lied in court saying my dad threatened him which never happened. his own son was helping former tenants win against him in court because he is corrupt but he died in service to army. when i moved in i never filled out any application or employment verification. i only signed the lease. when i was robbed all my paperwork with my confidential files with my social security numbers were gone. he stole my identity. in court he had my social security number to file an eviction which he stole because i never gave it to him since i never filled out an application. he proceeded to tell the judge he found it in the trash. in court he was obviously very familiar with the legal terms and could tell was previously a lawyer. Sad to say he won in court because he knew the legal system very well. please dont ever rent from him.

• Do
      22nd of May, 2013

Check this website out.
    pikespeakrentalsltd.com
    It's a hub for all things regarding the rentals Randy Sigley manages.

• Do
      22nd of May, 2013

Check this website out.
    pikespeakrentalsltd.com
    It's a hub for all things regarding the rentals Randy Sigley manages.

25th of May, 2013

My name is Randy Sigley and I own Pikes Peak Rentals. Please contact me if you want the file contents pertaining to any "complaining" tenant. I will share my files with any interested party.

As for "cutting off the heat" in the middle of winter "- I discharged a part time employee for cause. He had a key for the part of the building which contained the circuit breaker box for the heating system. He did not return the keys but instead went into the building, broke the exterior door locks, then cut off the circuit breaker to the heating system. the following morning I contacted Colorado Springs Utilities at (719) 448 4800. for a service check on the electrical system (verifiable). If anyone asks I will order a copy of that dispatch work order and provide that person with a copy. I then determined what had happened. I was there before a contractor would have arrived and the tenants were inconvenienced only slightly.

Glad I fired him. You would be too.

If you want his name and address then please contact me at pikespeakrentals@aol.com.

Thank you.

25th of May, 2013

My name is Randy Sigley. I own Pikes Peak Rentals. The person who created pikespeakrentalsltd.com is not even a tenant. Just freeloading on his girlfriend. When told to leave he went online to act out. If you want full details about his behavior (harassing me, harassing tenants, frightening female tenants and prospective female tenants, hiding out in the apartment to avoid being charged with trespass, hiding his truck so I cannot get his license plate, etc.) then contact me at pikespeakrentals@aol.com

His name is "Dan" - my software shows his last name as Sharp. He hails from Ukiah, California and now that he has gotten his trusting girlfriend evicted he is headed to Mexico to freeload on family members.

Feel free to contact me about him and any other problem person at pikespeakrentals@aol.com

26th of May, 2013

My name is Randy Sigley. I own Pikes Peak Rentals.

The person who stated:

"Check this website out.
    pikespeakrentalsltd.com
    It's a hub for all things regarding the rentals Randy Sigley manages."

does not rent from me. He never has. He freeloaded for four months on a lady in one of my apartments, he stirred up trouble, harassed me and harassed tenants and females who are guests of tenants, got his girlfriend evicted and sued, then started a website about me.

His name is Dan Sharp from Ukiah, California and as of May 26, 2013 he is no longer with the lady tenant for whom he caused all the trouble. He left her holding legal troubles and relocation while he took off to freeload on a family member in Mexico. Then he is going back home, leaving my former tenant to find a new place to live. From reports from people who were watching him he did not even help her move even though he has a truck. He refused to give his last name, and hid his truck so his license plate could not be seen.

If you want details about any "complaint" about me or my company I invite you to contact me directly at pikespeakrentals@aol.com.

I prefer to not put personal information on the internet but I am happy to address individual inquiries. Thank you and please contact me.

Thank you.

29th of Jan, 2014

Randy and others,

Do not believe a word this man says. He is a liar. What kind of landlord would publicly post past tenants names and addresses and personal information?
    I will tell you that the information that was contained on that site was accurate.
    Do the research yourself. Check out his criminal background, including crimes against adults at risk and police officers. Look at the number of restraining orders against him.
    i may never see a dime of my money on a place I NEVER EVEN MOVED INTO, but I will do my best to see that I stop as many people as I can from going through what and so many others have gone through.
    Randy, you should be ashamed.

29th of Jan, 2014

You don't have to take my word for it or anybody else's. Do the research for yourself.
    Go to the police station. It costs $6 to save yourself sooooo much.
    This man is ###.
    I am also willing to share MY files :) no problem at all. Want to match files Randy???/

• Bo
      28th of Feb, 2014

I still have all my emails when this guy used to email me telling me about he would shower with animals. I swear.

• Lo
      11th of Feb, 2015

sad... hes STILL doing the same stuff. just went through the ringer with this guy just to get my deposit i paid 2 weeks early to hold the apartment. the morning we were suppose to move in (mind you lease had been signed, he was constantly coming up with reasons as why we couldnt do a walkthrough or get the keys down to the MOVE IN DAY), wake up the morning were supposed to move in to a shoddy email about how i email him too late at night (sorry but 8PM is not late, and my night emails were always in response to some crazy email from him, or me trying to make a time and date to pick up the keys but that was me being rude and not thinking about how much he "has to do") and that it broke lease and blah blah blah. it took me almost THREE weeks to get my deposit back which im glad i did, but from day 1 once we met him we knew something was off. im sorry but when you meet a landlord to sign a lease and he spends an hour talking about all the people hes bringing to court, red flags are thrown! i am beyond happy this happened and we didnt move into his nasty place that he lied in the ad about. according to his ad his place should have been bigger than the apartment im currently in, when in reality his entire place would fit in JUST my living room!!! BEWARE if you have to deal with (what we call him) randy the scamming realtor. i was just googling his name just now to see if anyone else had had any problems, sad to see this is just his MO. our move in date was the day before super bowl sunday an when i called him to get my deposit back i was told "im not working today or tomorrow ill get ahold of you when i can"... so if i rented from this guy and my water wasnt working is that what i would have been told? its a football game so im not working?! god im SO glad that everything happend the way it did! instead of being in his dirty "apartment" buildings were in a HUGE nice apartment thats CHEAPER than he was trying to charge us. sorry you all had to learn about him the hard way as well.

20th of Aug, 2015

Sent you a message Loudandmad. Just signed a lease with this man and 4 days in he is harassing us and saying we are in breach of our lease and demanding more money because of it. Showed up twice without notice (per lease) and once walked right through the door with no knocking and opened my kids bedroom door without permission. Scared my kids and yelled at me in front of them like a lunatic!! Wish I would have looked him up before leasing :( would like any help anyone can give, I wanna take this guy down once and for all!

• To
      21st of Mar, 2016

Randy got to us the beginning to the year, so Yes, he is still at it. Same thing as Angry78 4 days in the harassing started. We got out of there with in the month but the stress he put us through during the time was horrible. No one should go through that at any time. We also would like to take him down once and for all!