Randburg Licensing Department / Intimidating bad tempered inspector

Email: Melanie.[protected]@boehringer-ingelheim.com

Attention: Sophie
Traffic Department Gauteng

To Whom It May Concern

As discussed today please see statement of complaint against one of your instructors.

My daughter Carmen Camile Introna had an appointment with the Randburg traffic department at 14h00 to day for her driver’s license. She arrived at 13h40 with her instructor Raymond.

She gave her documents to the person in admin with the rest of the people. At 13h45 her driving instructor said she should run down and have photos taken. At 13h50 a person came out and said my daughters’ surname…….” Introna”. I told the person (Lesley Makapane) she will be back now as she was told to have photos taken and her appointment was only at 14h00. He mumbled something but I did not hear what he said.

My daughter was back in two minutes. He told her to sit at a table, after awhile he told her in a tone “go to the car”. When they got to the car he said to her “Where is your ID document” she said to him I gave it to my mom when I was doing the eye test. He said in a tone “who’s ID is it”, she said “mine”, he said “ so why don’t you have it with you, if you don’t have it I will get suspended (his tone was very offensive and intimidating”. He said “why you are wasting my time why should I wait for you” then he said “first you were late doing your photos (she was not late) and now you don’t have your ID wasting more time”.

He then said “Go fetch your ID and do you think you can run”. When she got back he said in a tone “do your inspection”. As she started on the one side he said in a tone“carry on to the other side”. When she got to the back of the car he said in a tone “get in the car” (making her leave out the rest of the inspection on the outside. After she did the inspection inside he said in a tone “do you think you are done”. He then said “Go drive to the incline”.

After the incline he said go to the docking…… while reversing into the docking he walked to the window and said in a tone“ did you see you rolled” he wrote on the inspection sheet gave it to her and said don’t forget your stuff next time, and just walked off.

My daughter is a nervous child and has spent a lot of time with her instructor to make sure she was ready, she says that he was very abrupt and was intimidating toward her from the beginning causing unnecessary stress on her. He upset her before she had a chance to do her test.

It has cost me a lot of money assisting her with doing her best. I feel that this person has made her insecure and uncomfortable when she needed to be confidant. I spoke to several people working at the yard and people that failed with him that day and they said he was as abrupt with the other learner drivers.

I feel that this incident needs to be investigated, and my daughter should have a second chance with a instructor that has integrity and caring in his/her job and not belittle the people coming there for tests as it costs a lot to get this done correct and the waiting period is months, she had to wait several months to get this booking. She will also lose her job if she does not have a license.

I called them twice every week and all I got was they are waiting for Randburg to come back to them with a statement
Your assistance with this issue is appreciated.

Kind regards