Randall Reed's Planet Ford (Humble) / planet ford =horrible service

1 19000 Eastex FrwyHumble, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 281-319-9654

My name is Ernesto Medina and I was involved in a horrible deal with this dealership. Back in late December/early January, my wife and I were approved on a loan for a used 2006 GMC P/U. My wife provided a $500 coupon (from your website) and we provided a $500 down payment and my 1994 GMC P/U (with title). We drove off the lot and wouldn't you know - not even a week later, we had received a message stating that the loan was denied and that the dealership needed to the truck back or the police will be involved (message left on a Saturday night). We promplty took the truck back that following Monday to inquire what was going on. We were told that the bank required a larger down payment ($6500 more) to approve the loan. If we were informed in advance of this, we wouldn't have wasted your employees' time and ours, but we were duped into believing that the loan was approved only to look like idiots afterwards. Regardless, we turned in the vehicle and insisted for my truck with the title back. The truck was pulled up to the front and the title was missing. Infuriated, I demanded for my title because I didn't want to leave the lot without the title. Your employees spent some time trying to search for the title and ultimately couldn't find anything. We were supposed to pick up the check for the money put down within a day or two and informed them that we are going to pick up the check and would like to have the title to my truck, as well. We went on December 31st and picked up the check, but no title. I was outside waiting for my wife as my son was asleep. About 30 minutes passed, and she had informed me that they couldn't find the title and were going to order it and we should have it within 10 days. Irate, I left and gave you guys the opportunity to come through. We are now in February (February 9th to be exact) and I spoke with Billy (manager on my account) and was informed that it should have been ordered. But I had informed him that we had not received it and needed the title immediately. Whether or not legal action can be taken, I really didn't appreciate Billy comparing losing a title to a vehicle to losing a piece of newspaper. Regardless, he has informed me that the lady in charge of ordering that information was not in and that he would call her again tomorrow, 2/10, to check the status of the missing title (or paperwork). I am just disappointed with this dealership and plan on informing those I know never to experience the Randall Reed experience because you may get screwed in the long run. Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Bu
      11th of Feb, 2009

Yes!! I had a similar experience in Jan 09. Patrick, one of the used car salesmen and Chris Griffin of finance both were extremely eager to convince me that my loan was approved and to allow me to drive off the lot. However, in the next few days they claimed to bank wanted further verifications of employment...YADA YADA... and I was required to give them more information. I then found out the salesman, Patrick, with my license in his face, had incorrectly written my name on the credit application to the bank. I did a car fax on the VIN and found out the car was a prior Hertz rental car, not the Executive Program car they had supposedly sold me. After promises that they were going to find a bank that would finance me and weeks of renegotiating the price, I was force to return the vehicle. When I asked for my 1500 downpayment back, they had the gall to tell me they would only return a little more than 800 due to a $25/day car possession fee and mileage fees. Needless to say I am speaking with counsel now. I have also informed my bank of their fraudulent practices. I believe, in this slow economy, this dealer resorts to these tactics in order to generate income either way (approved loan or usage fees). This is the absolute worst purchasing experience I have ever had and will make sure no one purchases from them if I can help it.

P.S. I have since purchased elsewhere without any of these road bumps

• Up
      7th of May, 2009

I HAD A PROBLEM WITH PLANET FORD 59 TOO, BUT WITH THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT MANAGER JEFF STAPP- REMEMBER THAT NAME BECAUSE I HAD HEARD THAT HE FLOATS FROM DEALER TO DEALER. MY PROBLEM WAS I FOR OVER A YEAR HAVE HAD MY F350 DIESEL SERVICED THERE AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM, BUT FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF MONTHS THAT JEFF STAPP CAME IN IT SEEMS LIKE MY TRUCK LIVES THERE AND WILL NEVER RUN RIGHT AGAIN. I HAVE BETTER LUCK DOING IT MYSELF IT WOULD BE THE SAME. I DO NOT ADVISE FOR ANYONE TO GET THIER VEHICLES SERVICED THERE AS LONG AS JEFF STAPP IS MANAGER AND HIS PEOPLE ARE THERE. IF RANDALL IS SMART HE WOULD DO THE SAME AS LONE STAR FORD DID. AS I CAN SEE THE SALES DEPARTMENT IS NO BETTER WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT THE GENERAL MANAGER, MAYBE DO YOUR JOB INSTEAD OF RUNNING A ZOO

• Tr
      15th of May, 2009

be careful with service manager jeff stapp and foreman andrew kodak. both very corrupt and dirty. not recommended to service vehicle at planet ford

• Gr
      29th of May, 2010

I think Randall Reeds Planet Ford's Service Department is outstanding. I've had nothing but good experiences using them.

• Lo
      24th of Jun, 2010

I DONT KNOW WHY ANY ONE COMPLAINS ABOUT THIS DEALER THEY ALWAY HAVE GONE ABOVE AND BEYOND FOR ME

LOVE RANDALL REED

• Bo
      24th of Jun, 2010

Andrew Kodak was a great guy to do business with. He helped me get my winch in my jeep and also gave me tips to take care of it.

• Be
      13th of Sep, 2010

I took my car in this morning to check brakes - had an 8 am service appt., they came back with the usual air filter is dirty and you need a throttle body cleaning yada yada, but when noon rolled around and finally they tell me the brakes needed new pads I hit the roof - I just replaced the brakes on my 2009 Journey in Sept. of 2009 with rotor work and the service manager told me the pads I bought were life time warranty. Fast forward to Sept. 2010 - now the pads I had are not life time warranty, and the service manager no longer works there so they won't honor his mistake. I was so livid, I'm standing there telling my husband on the cell what happened and a man standing next to me tells me he brought his truck in this morning for his oil change and alignment / rotation and when he left and got on the feeder - his wheel fell off cause they didn't put the lug nuts back on.

Um - WTF man get serious! I will not buy a car or service my car here ever again.

• Bi
      25th of Feb, 2011

In regards to the complaints about the service department, I have had a few bad run ins with some of the advisors. But, it seems everytime I go in there there is a new advisor to assist me and so I wipe the slate clean and give them another chance. Grave mistake! Except for one guy, KC Mings. He has been there for awhile I have noticed but he always was to busy to greet me. Except for my last visit when it looked like they were not very busy. He came out and greeted me with such kindness and splendour! It was just an oil change visit but he made me feel like I W's a VIP. From now on I will always ask/wait for him! Incredible service man! And he has a super cute little boy! I suggest him to all my friends even if they don't own a Ford. KC will take care of them!

• Do
      20th of Mar, 2012

I also had a bad experience with Planet Ford 59, what should have been a plesant experience turned out to be extremely stressful. I saw a car on autotrader for under $9000 but when i went in, they went up $2000 on the car because i was not paying cash. My question is even if I was being financed, doesn't that mean they are getting their money up front from the financing company? So why did they have to go up on the price? In addition to which it took them 30+ days to replace a leaking windshield. The finance manger (Ruel) was the worst. He call me almost 2 weeks after the car was purchased because he needed additional documents, even though the contract had been "finalized". He further stated that if i did not comply that they would pick up the vehicle and charge me for days and mileage. His sales manger (Stuart) was just as bad. Their first choice was to threatened and take the car, even though i never refused to bring in additional documents even though they kept telling me the contract was finalized. For anyone who has problems, write Ford Motor Corporation and the Texas Attorney General, Consumer Protection division, and protect their practices to them. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER CAR FROM THIS DEALER, ALL THEY WANT IS YOUR MONEY AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS DEPLORABLE!!!

• Wi
      24th of Jun, 2012

Planet Ford in Humble is the WORST dealer in Texas!! They will lie and cheat you. Do not wast your time there. All the one line good reviews were written by the employees. You have been warned...

• Ta
      1st of Nov, 2012

The dealership is very bad, fraud and deception all over Don't tell them you are a veteran
    It got really BAD

• St
      25th of Sep, 2013

We shopped the Humble store during a "Red Tag" sale. Truck came equipped with all the trinkets, it was a platinum with a lift kit. Price was $57, 000. Once we got paperwork signed(wife signed) I noticed the extra $14, 000. I went to them and they say too bad you already signed. I showed them sticker, paperwork, red tag sale price, etc. they told me I could have made that at home. I'm attempting to file a suit against them but that takes time and money. The GM Chuck Kramer just swept it under the rug and says "we did nothing wrong so go ahead and sue us". They lie, sneak, and worst of all they advertise that 100% customer satisfaction. Who buys an F-150 for $75, 000???? No one in the world would.