Randall D. McDaniels Construction / McDaniels took $6500 deposit and disappeared!

I contracted for Hurricane Windows purchase and installation on 9/2/2005. McDaniels took $6500 deposit and disappeared. I have filed case with Department of Business and Professional Regulation. I have also filed a complaint for fraud with the Attorney General's office.

Records seem to indicate that this company has questionable business practices:
BBB Record: Randall D. State License Record: Randall D McDaniels CBCssss Duval County Occupational License status: Randall D McDaniels 150ssss.

Beware people!

Mp

Comments

24th of Sep, 2006

I contracted with Randall McDaniels for a room addition Feb 2005.

We made two payments, one at contract signing and one after the masonry work was complete for a total of 20K plus.

Constructon began May 05 and it was a ightmare for my wife and I.

Total ineptitude on the part of McDaniels and his subcontractors.

In October of 05 McDaniels disappeared.

December 05 - We received a "Notice of Lien" of close to $4,000 from the materials supplier because McDaniels did not pay for the materials.

We hired an Attorney, took McDaniel to Court and won a judgement against him for over $20,000, but since McDaniels is claiming poverty, we will never collect.

Our Attorney has filed a request to the State recovery fund and we are awaiting their decsion on reimbursement.

We now have a room, approx. 65% complete attached to our house, and if we don't receive the money via the RF, we will have to come up with a way to finance the completetion of the room.

I have been in contact with numerous people in North and South Florida that have been conned/robbed by this man and yet he continues to walk free.

Something is wrong with this picture.

• Mi
      15th of May, 2007

I have to agree that it seems the state protects such obvious criminal behavior.

7th of Sep, 2007

Randy also stole my down payment for windows. He took a 5K dollar check made out to the window manufacture and endorsed it as "DOB as" and deposited it in his account. I have a 15K judgment against him. Can't wait till he tries to sell his house.

This guy is a CROOK. RUN DON'T WALK FROM HIM. We know of 7 other people he did this to.

• Sr
      22nd of Aug, 2008

Randall D. McDaniles is a CROOK. I hired him to add a patio to my new home that I had just moved into, it took him over 2 years to complete the patio after countless number of problems and getting my attorney to send him threating letters. My contract with him came with a LIFETIME warranty for the roof which he claimed to have fixed for leaks four times and here it is two years later and the roof still leaks. I paid him $10, 000 and got nothing but SHODDY work, lies and headaches back. Now I'm having to re-pay someone to come in and put a new roof on. This guy is very bad news. I don't know why he even have a license. Behind bars is where he belongs for cheating people out of there hard earned money.