Ramsdens Pawnbroker / Excuses not to pay you (bullies)

May 6, 2015
Given that I have not seen any reviews on this company, let me just enlighten you. Its a shameful thing having to sell something you love dearly, just to survive, but given the rise in these shady companies, its clear we are not the only one facing emergencies like this. Ramsdens Pawnbrokers loaned us £400 against a new watch we had bought and hardly worn. We couldn't afford to pay this back when the time came, so they sold it. For over £1100!!!. They wrote us a letter saying they had done this (hurtful enough) and that after taking back the £400 we owed them, that left a total of £700 to us. But...THEN they tell us that it cost £367 for cleaning and repair!! A new watch, worn maybe twice, still had the box and papers. This left £22. (By this time we were swearing). So we went to collect the remaining money, simply because we were not going to let them *steal* anything else. They asked us if we still had the ticket for the original loan. We didn't, so that was £10 admin fee for re-printing the ticket. (Left us £12) Then what happens is that they take your bank details, pass it on to head office, who then pay you through a BACS transfer. So even if they owe you money, they make you jump through hoops to get it back!. Needless to say we left without any money. I don't care anymore. But I will name and shame them through every public forum I can find, because this skanky company needs to be shut down.