Rampant Tech Press / Irresonsible attitude

1 Kittrell, NC, United States Review updated:

I ordered a book with the title Oracle Forensics from rampant press on the 22nd of August 2007, at the time of placing the order I was informed that the order will be shipping in a few weeks time. But to my surprise when the order was not shipped until the 10th of December 2007, instead of my repeated reminders, I asked for the final delivery date on the 10th of December 2007. It was astonishing to get a reply from the sales rep that he doesn't know when the title will be ready. On this I informed the sales rep that I will be approaching the consumers forum for this kind of irresponsible behavior. The worst was to come, that without my consent the order was cancelled and the money was refunded to my visa account on the 12th of December 2007, without citing any reasons for why the order was cancelled.

Va

Comments

Ba
  11th of Apr, 2012

They've obviously not changed their customer attitude - though you did at least get your money back!

Ordered a book June 2011, to be told it was on back-order and would ship is 6 weeks. On 12 October I cancelled the order. Today, 11Apr 2012 I'm still awaiting a refund.

If there was a ratings system for Rampant then it should be "Avoid like the plague"

Ta
  4th of Jun, 2012

THIS IS TOTALLY FRUD AND REALLY VERY FRUSTATING, THEY GIVING INFO ABOUT BOOKS AND WHEN YOU ORDER THAT BOK YOU GET MESSEGE THAT BOOK IS IN BACK ORDER . WHAT IS THIS???????

I HAVE ORDERED AN ORACLE BOOK ON JAN 17TH, I GOT REPLY THAT I WILL GET THE BOOK IN APRIL 2012, TODAY IS JUNE 04 2012 I HAVE NOT RECIVED ANY INFO FROM THEM .

I AM VERY PLEASED TO ANY LEGAL AUTHORITIES TO TAKE A HARD ACTION AGAINST RAMPANT TECH PRESS, THEY ALSO NOT PICKING UP THE PHONE .

REALLY THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO TREAT ANY CUSTOMERS . THIS IS FRUSTATING.
ANY ONE WANTS TO ANY INFO ABOUT MY SITUATION PLEASE LET ME KNOW I WILL MOVE FORWARD AGAINST THIS FRAUD .

Ol
  4th of Mar, 2013

I have a similar experience. In November 2011 I ordered two books about Oracle Performance and Tuning from Rampant. I have also paid the DHL costs (because I am living in Germany). IToday I still have not received neither the books, nor a refund check as promised by Jennifer Stanley from Rampant. Such a dishonest attitude! Don't buy any books from Rampant Tech Press!!!

Ol
  4th of Mar, 2013

If anyone starts a prosection against Rampant Tech Press, I can give testimony.

Fr
  30th of Mar, 2013

TODAY IS MARCH 3RD 2013 AND I ORDERD ONE BOOK FROM THIS IRRESPONSIBLE SELLER ON JAN 17TH 2012 . AND TILL NOW I HAVE NOT RECIVED THE BOOK AND THEY ARE ALSO NOT PICKING UP THE CALL . AS I REMEMBER LAST YEAR IN MARCH I WAS LUCKY THAT THEY PICKED UP CALL BUT THE LADY WAS VERY RUDE SO I HANG UP MY CALL. BUT AFTER THAT TILL NOW I HAVE NOT RECIVED ANY MAILS AND NOT EVEN ANY CALL FROM THEM JUST THEY ARE HOLDING MY MONEY FROM LAST ONE YEAR AND THREE MONTHS.

I HAVE ALSO DONE COMPLAINT IN BBB BUT GOT REPLY THAT THEY ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS SELLER.

REALLY I AM VERY VERY FURSTAED NOW.

Ps
  10th of Sep, 2013

Yes, agree totally. Spent £84 on "SQL Design Patterns" to be delivered by UPS (more than half the money was delivery charges). I placed the order on the 22nd of Aug, 2013. It is now 10 Sep. 2013 and have not had anything back from them. I can't login to their "system" to check my order, resetting the password just doesn't do anything. I emailed Jennifer Stanley last week who said that she would be shipping next day and and send the tracking number. Nothing has happened. I have referred them now to the fraud line of my card issue and am waiting to see what happens. Even if you really need a book try not to buy from them, they are either a joke or a scam.

PD

We
  10th of Apr, 2018

I am having the same problem. I put in my order about a month ago, they charged my credit card, and I paid. But I still did not receive my book. Had I read this thread, I will not buy book from them.