Ramona Animal Shelter, Inc / They're terrible

On 3/20/07 we went to adopt a cat found a grey female cat that my daughter and I fell in love with. They said she was a year old and spayed. By the next day she was so sick, I took her to the small animal clinic and the vet could not believe that they adopted this cat out. He also didn’t think that she would live. The shelter had me bring her back and offered me another cat but I told them we would wait to see if "Maggie" got better and if she did we wanted her back. About a month after that she was better. We brought her home and a short time after that she started acting like she was in heat but I thought no way because she is fixed. I took her back to the clinic and they did $430. Worth of tests and medicine. A week later she got out of the house and was gone for a week I took her back to the clinic because she was acting sick again that cost me another $100. Six weeks after she came home my daughter and I walked in our front door and there is our cat with a dead new born kitten.

The shelter fixed her and I told them how much money I spent but they never offered to pay me back.

Va

Comments

20th of Mar, 2009

I am sorry to hear about your troubles with Ramona Humane Society. I had been looking at adopting a cat, but now I have second thoughts in this place.

• Ge
      28th of May, 2009

Like all shelters they are understaffed and overwhelmed by the numbers of animals brought in. Imagine the costs involved of having every cat that is brought in examined by a vet? I'm sure they do their best. I've been there in the cattery and they seem to take well care of their cats. They offered you another cat since Maggie turned out to be sick. Isn't that enough? Once you accept an animal, its YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. If you had a child that was ill and racked up medical bills, would you be upset too? Be kind and understanding on this issue. Imagine what it would be like if there was NO animal shelters.

• Go
      3rd of Mar, 2011

If this is the shelter in CA, I received a call from someone who needed help with vet expenses.
    They adopted a dog from them. They gave misinformation and the dog was sick.