Ram Carpet Cleaning / Damaged Carpet

Aug 12, 2015
Ram Carpet Cleaning
3611 27 St NE, Calgary, AB T1Y 5E4, Calgary
Phone: (403) 291-1051
On Aug 5, 2015 a technician from Ram cleaning came with a portable carpet cleaning machine to clean 2 bedrooms, a hallway, a flight of stairs and an outdoor patio carpet in the apartment I rent. When I booked the cleaning appointment and I told the booking agent I did not know what the outdoor carpet was composed of.
Once I showed the technician the areas to be cleaned I left the apartment. When he was finished cleaning John met me outside the apartment and said everything went fine. He reported a few small stains that could not be removed but did not report a large melted rectangle in the carpet. I paid him and we both left. The next day (Aug 6) I returned back to the apartment and saw a rectangle melted into the outdoor carpet. I tried calling Ram at the office and their emergency line. No one was available to take my call. I took pictures of the melted carpet.
On Aug 7, a supervisor from Ram came to inspect the carpet after I called again to report the damaged. He looked at the carpet for 5 minutes and determined I was at fault. I told him I had taken pictures of the carpet prior to Ram cleaning for my landlord. There was no melted spot in these pictures. He continued to disagree with me and left.
On Aug 10 I emailed the company requesting a refund as their product/service did not meet industry standards. I received a response from the company denying my request of a refund.
On Aug 11 I contacted competitor carpet cleaning companies in Calgary: Both companies refused to clean outdoor carpets because the water in their carpet cleaning machines is far too hot to clean outdoor carpets and will melt the carpet.
I have shared this information with Ram carpet cleaning. They have yet to respond or be accountable for the damage they have caused.

Ram Carpet CleaningRam Carpet CleaningRam Carpet Cleaning