Ralphs Market / e142
i have just been to ralphs and had a very unhappy experience. i wrote a check there as i always do and they said code E 142 they cannot except my check. I asked what is code E142...they said you cant write more then 2 checks a day..i said i did not write 2 checks today...they said...go call scan. I said by why I don't have any outstanding checks? Meanwhile a couple behind me started screaming at me - lady get out of the line so we can pay - we want to get out of here. I could not beleive this was actually happening to me..I said please be patient I just want to know why they won't take my check. I am in here all the time and never had a problem.
I called from the managers booth and i stood there 35 minutes with having two knee replacements and a cage up my back has changed my patience waiting standing up for any length of time if it is not my choice. The guy named Lamont kept on asking me over and over again for the routing number of my check and my license number. the he asked me what year was my drivers license issued. I was so embarressed and absolutly humilated in front of all the checkers and box boys and patrons. I could not beleive it - I felt like I had been arrested and being held a prisoner now with my shopping cart which they would not let me leave with the groceries till i called.
they could not find any unpaid check written by me...so I handed the phone to mr. Washington ...and he said to call another number that is RALPHS direct and again they could not find any check written by me...so finally the manager said sorry and hour later...and I said I am sorry to...and asked him how much money do you make an hour? He said it does not matter. I said well it does, because you just wasted one hour of my time...he said well here is a gift certificate for $10 I said, sorry. If I as a customer makes a mistake you make them pay $25 so this time you made the mistake...PAY UP?
...all i bought was a pizza and some grapefruit juice, a dvd ...but they put a call into the manager and said i would not take their $10 gift certificate I wanted $25.Manager said the head guy will talk to me tommarro. I said well if I have to come back a second time and wait another hour be prepared to pay me $50 for 2hours...
I was not happy when I left at all. A very unhappy customer Sondra Berry Young [protected]
More Ralphs Market Complaints & Reviews
- Ralphs Grocery Store (Owned By Kroger) - Rude employees, no rebate check, do not honor their own ad. 
- Ralphs Grocery Company - Scam and cheating
- Ralph's Store on 211 East Foothill Boulevard, Arcadia 91006. - very rude customer service 
- Ralphs - Ralphs steals customer money and sexually harasses customer 
- Ralphs - Rude employees, not honoring their own ad, never sending rebate checks 
- Ralphs Grocery Company - human treatment
- Ralphs Grocery Company - empty store
- Ralphs Grocery Company - greed
- Ralphs Grocery Company - ralph's prepaid debit card
- Ralphs Grocery Company - re: poor cashier and customer services at ralphs (9470 las tunas dr, temple city, ca)