[Resolved] Rak Bank / collection dept not ready to settle outstanding for more interest gain.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates Review updated:

This is about a credit card which i had taken from Rakbank 2 years back. I was in need
of some cash as i was suffering from financial crises. I took cash against credit card, for which Rakbank sales people were calling me and offering 10 times a day. I took 180, 000 aed. I had been paying sincerely every month.But than i went into big loss. I missed 1 month or 2 months but always paid. after paying for almost 2 yrs. every payment 5000 aed or 15000 aed for missed payments. I still have 155, 000 aed outstanding as all my payments were gone in interest. From past two months i had taken loan from my father to pay 130, 000 aed and requested collection dept to atleast consider and negotiate as i am not in state of paying full amount. They said they will do it and came to an understanding of 155, 000 aed.I didnt knew they were playing around with me to gain more interest money from me. Every time i would go to them with cash.They would say you paper is not ready and come next week.After running around they dont want to give any e-mail or contacts or even business card, so i cannot send them letter or evidence that i approached them for settlement. today they said, your letter is not ready and there is additional 4000 aed interest for this month.I dont know what to do and where to go. I am sick of these money hungry sharks. Rakbank has worst service and i am being threaten on phone every time. they call from different mobile number so that it is not recorded what abusive language they speak. They dont want to close my account so that i keep giving them interest. Please help me. I dont know where to complain for this bank and their collection dept.

• Resolution statement

• Dear Mr. Mohammed,
    Request you to provide your contact details to discuss the matter further.

Regards,
    RAKBANK team

• Dear Mr. Abdul,
    Kindly provide your contact details to assist you further.

Regards,
    RAKBANK Team

Ab
May 15, 2016

Comments

• Ab
      May 15, 2016

• Ab
      May 24, 2016

I have been contacting them to change my email to get me statements on time. Since I am out of UAE I am not able to check the mail on my office email. Tried to contact many numbers including EYAD collections manager Abu Dhabi

Eyad Qassem. Asst.Manager –Collection & Recovery, Abu Dhabi & Al Ain | RAKBANK | Tel: +971 2 4127264 Mobile: +971 564151107 | Fax: +971 2 6433575 | Email:eyad.[protected]@rakbank.ae Connect with us: twitter.com/rakbanklive & facebook.com/rakbank | www.rakbank.ae | The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah (P.S.C.)

The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah(P.S.C)
    Centralised Collections

Email: [protected]@rakbank.ae
    www.rakbank.ae

• Cl
      May 28, 2016

Please go and complain to the Central Bank of UAE for sure this Bank will accommodate you...there are alot of complain with these bank already.. you can register complain online. search in google "Central Bank of UAE" then find complain option.

• As
      Jun 16, 2016

My credit card No.5239 2670 7148 8002 has been unilateraly blocked by you though there is a credit balance of AED 82.00 without any intimation to me. I have been receiving credit card statement on my e-mail regularly, I visited your Umm Hureir Branch on 04.05.2016 and requested for activation of my card. I submitted all documents including my passport new visa and Emirates ID. Since then I have been in touch with you regularly and I am told to wait for 2 to 3 days. Now more that one and half month has elapsed nothing has happened. On 09.06.2016 I received a phone call for submission of my documents again which I forwarded to [protected]@rakbank.ae and I was assured that it shall be activated within 2 working days. To my surprise today again I received a call from Mr. John who is asking for documents again. Please redress my complaint at the earliest possible. I am having my salary account with you and it is very easy for me to make the payment of credit card.