Raintree Vacation Clubspecial assessment fee & contract dispute

6/25/2009
Hello everyone,

Are we all in agreement that Raintree is out of line with this special assessment fee being charged and due July 15th?? Have you written to the Texas State Attorney General about this nonsense?

Are you in agreement, that since this property is in Mexico, we are NOT owners but Right To Use Members or renters?

Thank you and please respond.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Houston, TX[protected]@yahoo.com

Comments

• Ji
      Jun 26, 2009

We have compiled a list in excess of 100 members that are communicating and strategizing with a goal of contacting the attorney general in multiple states, especially Texas and AG Andrew Cuomo in New York. If you want to be a part of the combined effort, please send your email address to [protected]@aol.com.

The longest and most thorough thread of complaints and comments is at https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/raintree-c210535.html?sort=datea&page=13

For the convenience of the authorities who might want to read members postings and for future reference, it seems it would be best to accumulate all comments under the above thread. There are already 13 pages on the thread. Thank you.

• Al
      Jun 29, 2009

same problem they ruin your credit they are scammer we must open class action suite they will tell you that you must pay until 2042

my eamil [protected]@yahoo.com

• Ce
      Jul 01, 2009

RAINTREE IS REALLY OUT OF LINE HERE. WE DO NOT OWN THE PROPERTY FOR US TO PAY FOR IMPROVEMENTS . WE ARE JUST RENTERS THAT PAID SO MUCH MONEY FOR IT ALREADY AND STILL PAYING FOR THE RIDICULOUS YEARLY ASSESSMENT FEES AND NOW, SPECIAL FEE? FOR WHAT? IF THEY SELL THE PROPERTY, THE MONEY THEY MAKE FOR IT DON'T COME TO US! WHAT GIVES THEM THE RIGHT TO JUST BILL US FOR ANYTHING THEY CAN THINK OF. IMPROVEMENTS OF THE PROPERTY IS THEIR RESPONSIBILITY, NOT OURS. WE ALREADY HAVE PAID OUR DUES. LETS FILE A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST THEM. ANY LAWYER IN THE GROUP?

• Li
      Jul 07, 2009

I agree
    I Purchase RVC since 2007. The maintenance fee had increase since I purchased . I never use yet but already paid $1000 . Now I received $380 Special Assessment Fee.

• Lo
      Sep 18, 2010

I agree!!!Help lets get out of this, there has to be a lope hole!! [protected]@optonline.net
    Linda

• Lo
      Sep 18, 2010

WE got ripped off, not only did the raintree sales person (Cabo San Lucas & $30, 000. later.) say we could rent our 2 weeks when we didn't use it. He said Raintree would rent it for us!! Unfortunately it's not in the contract like he said. Full of lies. It's sad to think there isn't a way to get out of it! I don't know how people in ther 70's & 80's are managing the maintence fees. This should be against the LAW! My husband & I would be on board with a class action suit,
    Linda & David