Raintree Vacation Club / additional fees and makeup charges

San Diego, CA, United States Review updated:

In this year of 2015 I have now received 2 invoices from Raintree Vacation Club: 1 - Hurricane "make up cost" of $130.00 for the Cabo Resort due to Hurricane Odile and 2 - the yearly invoice which includes the Annual Maintenance Fee which has now gone up to $959.00 and, an Annual Membership Fee of $165.00. As to the Hurricane "make up cost": Is Raintree not required to purchase adequate Hurricane Insurance for it's properties? If I am receiving a "make up charge" for Hurricane damage it appears they have deliberately underinsured their property if they now need their members to pony up a difference which, given their membership numbers could add up to enough to replace the entire complex. As to the Annual Membership Fee: What then does the initial purchase price actually buy? Since I purchased my membership, why am I now being charged an additional yearly fee. To other members, please let me know if you have received these additional charges and what, if anything, is proposed to refute them.

Kl
Jun 24, 2015

Comments

• Do
      28th of Jun, 2015

I am sick of these extortions. If they don't have enough insurance protection that is their problem. Where is the disclosure? How much is RVC taking as a hit? None I would assume. Wouldn't want to dip into their profits. Feeling powerless as they cab=n refuse to let us book a trip until we pay. What can be done?

• Am
      20th of Nov, 2015

I got the same bills, last yearly payment $230 (oddly low but i ws happy), this year $950 dollars due to huracan damage ... sound to me like negligence to get proper insurance, I have only 1 year left in my membership