Rainsoft / phsycotic salesmen

York, PA, United States Review updated:
Free water test!

Be warned:

Mr. Rainsoft just left my house about two hours ago.
(With his Tail between his legs)
I had no choice but to escort him off my property.
Major ###!

I almost went for my shotgun.
I now have it loaded next me just in case he returns.

My wife is frieked out and I'm pissed.
God help the next rainsoft representative who approaches me!

I will NEVER allow another salesmen into my home again.

Do your research and you will see.
Many others just like me!

Comments

Te
  13th of Mar, 2009
and you are talking about getting a shotgun out because of a salesman...

LOL who's psychotic??? WOW
St
  9th of Dec, 2009
I came across this blog & I was looking at the similarities to my situation. We agreed to the free water test in around 1992 in NJ. The guy had a shirt & tie & slicked back hair and seemed very courteous and nice. The same unlimited soap BS was around even back then. I was told I had to make a decision during the sales call to get the free soap. I told him that I never make a decision like that on the same day, I always sleep on it. He called his manager from the telephone & of course the manager said that he could not extend the offer. Once the salesman realized that I was definitely not going to sign he became surly & confrontational, I of course told him to basically leave the premises immediately at that point. It almost seemed for a while that he would try to get physical & I was ready in case he did. I feel bad, because I am sure that these guys could really intimidate and scare an elderly or infirmed person. These guys have no concience, it's on of the top two high pressure sales experiences I had in my life (the other was a time share conference). These guys are ###, stay away.
Ja
  5th of Jan, 2010
Yes, I'd say this post is a little distrubing..."normal" people don't opt for a shotgun, lest the person they'd like to use it on were brandishing one as well...the salesman, I would gather, likely didnt bring one with him, let alone inside someone's home, if he does keep one in his vehicle. This post sounds along the same lines of someone saying "I didn't like how the girl at McDonald's took my order, because she was a ###, so I pulled out my shotgun at her." I'd say any breakdown in this sale was a comparitive fault...

People don't realize that there are alot of factors in a successful sale: 1.) The buyer must need the product, 2.) The buyer must want to be sold the product, and 3.) The product must be to the standard of the buyer. If any ONE of these points is not a YES, and a sale still takes place, then the fault lies on the buyer. Given that there are no details, one can only assume that the buyer didn't want the product being offered and was offended by being given a sales pitch, and, therefore, the salesperson should not have been invited into the home, even if it was just for the sake of obtaining a free gift card.

At any rate, this post isn't even credible, given it's outlandish nature...the complaint doesn't even say what reasons were given, besides the salesperson was an "###, " and the point of someone wanting to pull out a shotgun, and then goes on to say that he now keeps it loaded, as if the salesman were going to be creeping around his home in hopes he will change his mind and make the purchase.

RainSoft Logo RainSoft