Rainsoft / waste of money

United States Review updated:
4.5

I've had the system for 6 years and have averaged at least 3 service calls a year. The system just doesn't work reliably and when it does, the cost of maintenance is excessive. I am using 75 lbs of salt and 5 gallons of bleach each month. None of my neighbors using other systems use anything like those amounts.

The network is dealer only. When I attempted to contact the corporate office for help, I was told that they were only the manufacturer and offered no support. This has been one of the biggest wastes of money ever - stay away from Rainsoft!
Va

Comments

Xe
  10th of Mar, 2010
I was a Rain Soft salesman; the good news is the 2010 updated model does work and does do what it's supposed too. It’s in my house and I'm keeping it. The BAD NEWS is Professional Water Services (in Bristol Pa) One of the original RainSoft dealers (1975) are, just like all the other dealers, major Rip-off artists! $8, 390.00 - drop to $7, 390.00 and then pressure the heck out of you until you ask them to leave, then they insist on calling the office ONLY to get you on the phone with a very savvy manager who will start all over again.
*They even made a good profit on me charging me $4, 830.00 + 338.00 tax =$5, 168.00 Ouch!

The manager at P.W.S. is from the Corp office and I heard him say over and over again, ..."you have to keep closing, close close close, " (that's sales talk for close the deal, push push push) when a fellow salesman said, "but you will offend the home owner" the Corp manager said, "I don't care." and he said this all week long in the training, "buyers are liars, I don't care, I don't care! You have to close'em"

If you could get them down to $3, 200.00 with installation and a lifetime warranty, don't keep the soap, don't keep the air cleaner then it's worth it. Oh please do not become bedazzled by 4 yrs of free soap - it wasn't free you paid for it... hello! $7, 390.00 and don't be impressed with the free Air purifiers - you paid for that too $7, 390.00 and don't be impressed with the free installation.. You guessed it, you paid for that too... $7, 390.00 IT'S all worked into the price!

Their tactics are brutal on the customer, Home Depot should be ashamed!
WARNING: they install the NEXT DAY even on SUNDAYS because they know if you get a chance to look on the INTERNET you will cancel. They also believe you (the average home owner) is too stupid to know your 3 day Right of Rescission is still in-effect even though they installed the next day! Fill out your 3-day form get it post marked registered return mail, and mail it off. If they don't remove it call the Attorney General, the BBB, and Home Depot Credit line.

Salesman commissions as of my training 2010:
11% to 17% of the total cost before tax.
That’s $860. to $1, 256.00 per sale!- now you understand the motivation of the salesman (water tester haha) to close the deal tonight!

WARNING: Professional water Service will have access to your credit report and all private banking and home information once you sign the application.

On a good note underneath all the price gouging and unethical high pressure sales tactics, demeaning and uncaring treatment of their salesman –I still believe the Borchainer family actually does mean well, they’ve just lost their way and have become seduced by greed, and bitter by their own karma from years of miss-leading the average consumer to buy something you can get from Pelican for $1, 500.00 without all the fanfare.http://www.pelicanwatertechnologies.com/combo_series.php click to watch all 3 videos

How sad it must be for them to own a business so hated by so many scorned customers across the entire country. Funny: a system that works teamed with a company with no conscience equals: low ethics, low standard of morality, a presumption that You are stupid and fueled by greed. hum I believe these are also the devils qualities.

All commentary is expressly my opinion only, based on what I’ve seen, heard, was trained to say, and actually did in the home on behalf of my commission and RainSoft through the Dealership of Professional Water Services, Inc.
* it is possible in my short time with Rain Soft(PWS bristol Pa) I did not learn enough to have a better opinion of them. Please do your own investigating and give equal time to both sides: Love'em or Hate'em You decide
Ha
  5th of May, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Mr Happy! You have to be one of the most unappreciative people walking the earth. Sounds like you couldn't cut as a sales rep, the co gave you a break on your own system, and you talk of the "Devil"? I know this family and their business. You are slandering an A+ rated BBB co doing business for four generations and 50 yrs! Just so you know, I was a customer before I got to know the family and the good people that work there. I believe in freedom of speech, but you sir are a liar. Where is the Happy Cust . Com site. You bad mouth everyone but your self. Shame on you. From what I was told, the only sale you made was your friend and you chose to charge them a higher price than you were able just to make a buck. Seller Beware of this guy. Happy Happy
Xe
  11th of May, 2011
Banter on the internet... Let's get it right, shall we: Sales before I quit: Sold 3 out of 6 appointments - 2 of those sales logged on to the Internet read the reviews and canceled the next day, the last one was a credit bust that they had installed already... got the paper bought 2 months later and gave me a commission on that one. As far as my friend goes I made "ZERO", so, once again they lied to you, and you foolishly became a puppet and repeated what you were told before checking your facts and re-told it (awakening old wounds) as though it were true (fool, learn to let sleeping dogs lie). I, on the other-hand am a witness to these events because I WAS THERE ! Now, that being cleared up, I bought the system at full price - they offered me a discount, I never asked for it (that was very nice of them). I also will tell anyone who is interested to BUY this whole house system because it really does do everything they say it does. Unless you have had a Rep in your home - (not sold by a friend who treats you as such) you have no clue what goes on in the home. I have over12 years experience in the home, have made over 6 figures a year at times and quit Rain Soft because of their trainer who lied over and over again, added to that the extreme pressure we were to apply in the home which offended me. I stand by the product 100% but shun the selling method 100% - as human beings go the 4th generation and the 5th generation are a very intelligent and great bunch of guys who really do mean well - I just disagree with the methods, so I left. I re-read the above old commentary from two years ago and I do wish I could remove and edit some of the wording. (that devil stuff is way over the top - my sincerest apologies, I have written the editores of this site and requested them to remove those sentences) IF you'd like to discuss further ask KB for my personal email I'll be happy, happy to tell you more. Good day loyal friend - your effort to defend PW is an honorable one and should be applauded.
Fa
  1st of Oct, 2015
WOW I just read these reviews and I agree with happy customer . I have a system and I bought it from Professional water myself . They have been awesome to work with and you do sound like someone who just could not cut being a sales rep for them . You should be happy they even gave you a chance to work there . I purchased my system a few years ago and I could still tell you the sales rep, installer and the sweet lady in the office . They make their customer feel like family.

RainSoft Logo RainSoft