Rainbow Appliance / Horrendous service!

210 river roadClifton, NJ, United States Review updated:
4.4
Phone: 973-471-2001
This company is unbelievable. 1st they sold me a washing machine that is unavailable. After all of the "paperwork" (this was done via phone) and credit card confirmation etc., I asked when it could be delivered, and was told that they would get back to me, that they had to call a GE rep. That never happened, I called them two days later to be told that they had not contacted the GE rep and they weren't showing anything on that machine. I then ordered a more expensive Whirlpool. Arranged for delivery, and it never came. They wanted me to continually call the delivery service man (despite the fact that I had paid them to deal with delivery and set up). I spent three days making long distance calls from Hawaii, paying people to sit in my apartment in Newark to accept delivery, and GUARANTEES that the delivery would happen... JUST WORDS. What kind of way is this to do business??? I am so frustrated at this point. They have promised, yet again, to deliver tomorrow, and I have arranged for someone to sit all day tomorrow (March 14th, 2008) to accept a now questionable delivery. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY, THEY MAKE ALL KINDS OF PROMISES, AND DO NOT FOLLOW THRU ON ANY OF THEM... I PERSONALLY THINK, THEY TELL YOU WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO HEAR, JUST TO GET RID OF YOU. BUYER BEWARE!

Comments

Sj
  12th of May, 2008
DO NOT SHOP FROM RAINBOW APPLIANCE! Don't be fooled by the low price like I was. What a mistake. I saved a few dollars by purchasing from Rainbow rather than an online retailer I have used in the past, but when things went wrong Rainbow left me "out to dry".

I did my research and purchased a consumer reports recommended GE dryer. When I received the dryer from Rainbow Appliances everything seemed fine. I started the dryer and it ran for about 5 minutes of the first load and never started again. I called GE to come out to look at it. The tech came out and told me that though the warranty is not valid for a commercial location, he would look at the machine to diagnose the problem. He found a small crack that was not noticeable in the plastic console and when he opened up the back, the main circuit board was cracked. He told me that this happened during freight.

I called Rainbow to tell them about my situation. They told me that they have a strong relationship with GE and would take care of coordinating having them to come and repair the machine. 10 days went by and I did not hear back from them. I called again and left three messages (twice I was told that the manager I needed to talk to was out) before I reached the person I needed to talk to. He had no record of my call and told me that I needed to be tougher with the GE Technician. He told me that he would look into the matter and get back to me. A few days went by and I never heard from them.

I called again several times and Rainbow told me that I should move the dryer from my office to my house and call GE again. I am ashamed to say that I did this and call GE to schedule a repair. A different tech came out from GE and again said that the damage was cause by freight.

I called Rainbow again, left message saying that I would try to: 1) contest my credit charge call, 2) file a Better Business Bureau Complaint, 3) submit negative feedback an as many sites as possible, 4) Explain to GE how Rainbow tried to get me to defraud them, and 5) file a small claim case. I did get a call back from this message on last Wednesday 5-7-08). The Rainbow Rep asked if I would hold off until Friday (5-9-08) to take action as he would take care if getting it repaired. Today is 5-12-08 and I have not heard back from Rainbow so I am making good on what I told them I would do.

You can really tell about the quality of an organization by how they handle problems situations. It has now been over two months since I purchased the dryer from Rainbow and they sill have not made things right. THE WORST ONLINE EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD.
Cf
  22nd of May, 2008
I am having my own problems right now with Rainbow Appliance and have put in a claim with Paypal.

I foolishly bought a tv through EBay and when I plugged it in there is a yellow tint all across the top of the screen among other things but this is the worst.

I e-mailed them and no response I then notified Paypal and have since escalated it to a claim. They state on their site that they do not take returns and want you to have it repaired under warranty. Now who wants to have something repaired that you have not been able to use and which you bought new? To top it all the warranty states that you must carry in the tv which weighs 80 lbs.

I want them to refund my money to my credit card and they are fighting my claim to Paypal.

I intend to write to the BBB in Trenton, NJ which I found out has them as unreliable and buy at your own risk..Wish I had seen this before ordering. I will also complain to the FTC since this order was made online and to my credit card company. I will allow a few more days to see if Paypal comes through. If not, I will complain up and down and sideways on every site I can discover.

Don't do business with Rainbow Appliance. The pot of gold is your money in their pocket.

I have done business through EBay and Paypal before but this RAINBOW APPLIANCE STORE HAS LEFT A VERY BAD TASTE IN MY MOUTH...BEWARE, BE CAREFUL.
Jo
  6th of Jul, 2008
I ordered a dishwasher from Rainbow Appliance. It came damaged with a large dent and scratch in the front. They offered me $75 off. I was furious. The dishwasher is not usable in its current condition. What good is $75 when I purchased a NEW dishwasher? I told them it was not acceptable. The representative I am dealing with keeps making promises of getting things resolved but nothing ever happens. She even went so far as to change a date on an e-mail she claims to have sent me. All lies is what I have heard and I am stuck paying $550 for a dishwasher that I cannot use. I have filed a complaint with my credit card company as this is fraud. What else can I do?
Ma
  22nd of Jul, 2008
About 1-2 months ago I purchased a pair of Rainbow Sandals... the color of the sandals were of the dark shade leather... which to get the color the shoe is abviously dyed. On the tags of the shoe, there was never a "warning" that you should not get the shoe wet. I of course was aksed by a friend to go to Six Flags Amusement Park in Ga. I accepted the offer. We go to Six Flags and do many "water-themed" rides...I of course wearing my favorite shoes, my rainbows. We leave Six Flags and go back to the house and I take a shower. As I sit on the bed in my friends room I notice a dark substance on my feet. I was FURIOUS! I scrubbed my feet, which took me about a good 2 hours (and all of the dye is still not off my feet), I cannot get all of the dye off my feet... I have tried everything and I can't get all of the dye off my feet SO IF ANYONE KNOWS A WAY TO GET LEATHER DYE OFF OF FEET, please reply to this complaint.

thanks so much,
Madisyn P
Wh
  22nd of Jul, 2008
What does the shoes have to do with Rainbow Appliance. They sell appliances and electronics like dishwashers, ranges microwaves and TVs.

You need to find the complaint thread having to do with people who bought your item or start a new thread. This thread is for people who bought from Rainbow Appliance to share their experience.

As an aside, I go with my family to Sesame Place in Pennsylvania. It is nearly 100% water themed. I buy crocs from shoes.com. Could not believe how many types of crocs they have.

Anyways, you may want to remove it and post it elsewhere. Hopefully the Dye is off your feet, but never heard of that.

Yahoo answers might be a good place to post your question about removing dyes.

Again, this place is for people who bought at rainbow appliance.

Hope the dye is not permanent.
Re
  9th of Sep, 2008
Crooks! We bought refrigerator from Rainbow in July 2007, the manufacturer could not supply warranty repair and had it picked up and returned to them in Oct 2007. The manufacturer, Summit Appliances then credited Rainbow the cost of the refrigerator to pass on to us, also in October 2007 (confirmed via phone and in writing by the controller of Summit to American Express, Rainbow and us). Rainbow would not return calls, then failed to respond to American Express and it is now Sept 2008 and no refund. We have an attorney in the family and will pursue but if you do not-DO NOT BUY FROM RAINBOW!
Ke
  16th of Oct, 2008
I HAVE THE SAME HORRIBLE PROBLEMS WITH RAINBOW APPLIANCE...STAY AWAY HORRIBLE!!! I HAVE BEEN JERKED AROUND FOR A MONTH, THEY LIE TO YOU ON THE PHONE, NEVER CALL YOU BACK, AND TRY EVEN GETTING A REFUND...HA! I AM DRIVING THERE TO CONFRONT THEM TOMORROW IF THEY DON'T SHIP THEY PRODUCT...I'M NOT HOLDING MY BREATH!!!

WARNING!!! STAY AWAY!!!
Je
  6th of Nov, 2008
DO NOT BUY FROM RAINBOW APPLIANCE. THEY ARE A TOTAL NIGHTMARE AND ENGAGE IN THE MOST UNETHICAL AND UNACCOUNTABLE BUSINESS PRACTICES I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED. I bought a dishwasher from them in May. It has never worked properly. They refuse to accept a return for a refund when they sell malfunctioning appliances. I have spent months arranging service the manufacturer. Their technician has replaced parts, but the machine still does not work. The people at Rainbow Appliance have refused to uphold their warranty. Calls and emails to Rainbow Appliance go unanswered. I have now filed warranty complaints with American Express, the Better Business Bureau, and the Office of Consumer Protection. Despite the fact that two plumbers and the Whirlpool technician have verified that my machine is properly installed, Rainbow Appliance continues to make the unfounded claim that the machine is not installed properly-- it appears to be a scheme to dodge their legal warranty obligation. Their customer service is absolutely the most abysmal I have ever seen. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH RAINBOW APPLIANCE. BUY FROM COMPANIES LIKE HOME DEPOT WHO HAVE GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Ta
  31st of Jan, 2009
To All Who Need to Know:

I FINALLY, after 6 months, got a refund from these jerks, but that was only after the threat of government action. Anybody who has a problem with these thieves should contact:

Passaic County Department of Law and Public Safety
Division of Wights and Measures/Consumer Protection
1310 Route 23 North
Wayne, NJ 07470

Contact either:

BarbaraAnne Mekita (barbaram@passaiccountynj.org; phone 973-305-5881; fax 973-628-1796) or

Rosalia Valentin (rosaliav@passaiccountynj.org; phone 973-305-5382)

Don't bother complaining to the Better Business Bureau; Rainbow is NOT a member (big surprise!) and the BBB can't do anything.

It may take some time, but as soon as Passaic County gets involved, watch how fast these A-holes get in line!
Di
  28th of Apr, 2009
I also had a terrible experience with Rainbow Appliance. I wish that I had taken the time to research the company before ordering from them. Had I found this site I most certainly would NOT have.

I placed an order on February 4, 2009. I never received an order confirmation via email, but the payment went through immediately, so I didn't worry about it. The online system said to expect delivery within 8 days. When 8 days had passed and I had not gotten a call from the shipping company, I decided to call for a tracking number. I spoke with someone at the customer service number who told me that the dryer was out of stock and would be in stock "next week" which would have been the 18th-22nd of February. On the last day of that week, the 20th of February, I made another phone call to see if my order had shipped. I was then told that the dryer would not be in stock until February 25. 21 days after I placed my order and payment was taken. I waited to call to see if the order had shipped because I still had no confirmation of shipping either by phone or email. I talked to Emma, who was very helpful and who told me that the order had been shipped the day before but she could not find a tracking number. She took my name and number and called me back after speaking to her manager. It was discovered that the package was shipped, but that the dryer was apparently damaged in shipment so it was being returned to Rainbow. The manager said that the particular model that I ordered was discontinued and they could not get any more. Emma told me that if I wanted the model that was replacing the one I ordered, it was in stock and would be shipped in a few days. I was also told that I would have to pay the $130 difference in the price. I told her to go ahead and ship this out.

After thinking about my situation I decided to dispute this with Rainbow. I ordered the model they had available on their website. I never received notice that this was out of stock or that it was discontinued. I waited 23 days to find this out. I was patient waiting for Rainbow to get this dryer in stock after finding out on my own that they did not have it in stock when I ordered it.

I have now waited almost a month for my washer and dryer, all the while Rainbow had my money, and I am now having to give them another $130 to get my order fulfilled. I do not feel that it should be my responsibility to pay the difference for the replacement model. None of this was my fault or in my control, yet I have had to wait an unreasonable amount of time and am having to pay for the mistake.

This has been a rather daunting process so far and I will never do business with Rainbow Appliance again or suggest that others do, as it currently stands.

I sent an email to Rainbow stating the above and was given this response:

"I am truly sorry to hear of your situation. Yes, Emrah is very helpful thankfully. I will review with management and email you back by tomorrow. Please advise.

Best Regards,
Maritza"

I never got another email from this company. BUYER BEWARE!!!
Tr
  3rd of Jun, 2009
Rainbow Appliance is a joke for sure. They are also bad on the purchasing side. These idiots cancelled a small order and the first communication from Eli Klein from Rainbow was to threaten to file a chargeback. I do not know if this woman is just immature, or outright mentally ill, but if she is in the management or ownership, I can easily see why doing business with Rainbow appliance will be problematic. They have no respect for other businesses, and I am sure they have no respect for their customers either.

The best thing to do with these clowns is take their own "Eli Klein's" advice and file a chargeback. i.e. Tell your credit card company that the item you purchased was Faulty or NOT as advertised. You can also file a compliant with the BBB.
Al
  12th of Apr, 2011
JUST HAD SIMILAR EXPERIENCE JUST ORDERED MICROWAVE FROM THEM...WAITED 2 WAEEKS NO RESPONCE OR CALL. FINALLY WHEN I CALLED THEY SAID IT WAS BE SHIPPED TODAY AND I WILL GET AN EMAIL.AFTER NO EMAIL CALLED NEXT DAY THEY SAID ITEM JUST GOT THERE, ITEM WAS BEING SHIPPED TODAY. ASKED FOR MANAGEMENT THEY PUT ME ON HOLD AND TOLD ME THAT HE WAS NOT IN.TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.PRICE IS NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE.
Km
  10th of Aug, 2016
I purchased an expensive microwave from Rainbow Appliance. They shipped it to the wrong address resulting in the microwave being lost. They proceeded to blame the carrier instead of taking ownership of their mistake. They have not issue a refund or replacement.

BUYER BEWARE!! RAINBOW APPLIANCE IS A FRAUDULENT BUSINESS. Do not be sucked in by low prices they will rip you off!
Ca
  10th of Aug, 2016
Absolute do not do business with these people under any circumstances. I ordered a fridge on August 7th. I called every day to track the order. My calls were never once returned. Today, August 27th, I eventually found out THAT THE FRIDGE IS BACK ORDERED UNTIL THE MIDDle of september but they were happy not to share this info with me. There response was to cancel my order with out any effort to provide me with a comparable product and certainly no apology. They are really the WORST!
Jo
  10th of Aug, 2016
Rainbow Appliance is full of crooks. The products are sub-par at best. They do not honor warranties or exchange policies and customer service is horrible! If you actually get someone on the phone they treat you like trash and are very rude.
Do not be fooled by lower prices they will just rob you blind.
Sa
  10th of Aug, 2016
They may have cheap prices but if the product comes to you damage you'll never get it fixed or replaced. They delay, lie, and don't respond. Stay away!