RadioShackunauthorized charges

I went into my local radioshack to purchase a radio antenna. They did not have the antenna, but after looking around, i ended up purchasing a new cell phone and changing my current cell phone provider in order to take advantage of the new customer specials. I purchased the phone the $350 phone for $99 due to the new customer special. I also had to pay for a $36 connection fee from AT&T. Everything OK so far... But here goes the kicker... I went to the Radioshack web site two days after I purchased the phone, and noticed that they had the exact phone I bought for free along with free connection fee!! So, I contact the store and they told me I can bring my phone back, reconnect me with Sprint (my previous carrier) and reconnect my old phone. This would take about 3 days (I don’t understand how they can port your number to a new carrier in just 10 minutes, but switching back takes 3 days!?!). By that time, the web special would expire. So, I contacted the corporate customer service, they passed the buck to their wireless supplier and after talking to the Customer service manager, they never took responsibility. I was upset that they did not inform me of the web special when I bought the phone in the store. They had 2 prices for the same product. Since I bought the item in a physical store, I was penalized. Again, the Web item was free with free connection. I feel they stole my money. If they were a honest company thay would have disclosed the web special and then let me, the customer, decide if I want to pay for it and get it at the time of the transaction (convenience), or, get it free but wait for the item to ship to me. They cheated me and the corporate CS did nothing but pass the buck and try to confuse me with a complex explanation of their marketing strategy. My third response to them was never addressed. I'll be sending a letter with the email conversation to the CEO. Radioshack is a dishonest crook of a company!! I will never set foot in there stores again!!

He

Comments

•   May 13, 2008
    RadioShack - their technicians ruined my i-pod
    www.radioshack.com

I purchased my Apple I-pod nano at a Radio Shack in Florida along with a 2-year service warranty. After I owned it for approximately 3 months, it stopped working so I contacted Radio Shack and they sent it in to the repairs center in Jacksonville. They sent it back in a few days and I used it 2 or 3 times as I was walking. Well, it just would not come on the next day I tried to use it. So it was sent back to repair again and they sent it back to me and said it was not covered under the extended warranty because I had spilled some kind of corrosive liquid into it. I was appalled!! I had never even gotten my I-pod close to any liquid, much less something corrosive. I complained to the company, to the managers and to the Better Business Bureau, and Radio Shack never even acknowledged a complaint. Don't shop at Radio Shack, please.

•   Jul 23, 2008
    RadioShack - stay away
    www.radioshack.com

Salesgirl sold me a phone that didn’t include any wires sold me a payment card I did not ask for said I had to have it and manager bs on my activation I spent 186.00and when I had to come back twice the salesgirl acted like I was being a nuisance I couldn’t get my money back 2 days later.

I hate Radio shack will not buy even a battery from them.

Gaithersburg square shop center gait md. When I asked for my money back 2 days later salesgirl said I had to get it from sprint, now I’m stuck with a phone I don't want.

• 11
      Sep 20, 2009

I understnad your frustration as a paying customer, but I am a Radioshack employee. I must tell you that the physical store is not the same as the online store. Store employees do not research web offers and are not told too because they are seperate entites altogether. If you order off the web you must return and pay online. The offers online have nothing to do with phsical store offers. In store employees have access to the website just as a customer does. Even if the employee did look up the offer for you by request, you as the customer would have to go home and buy the phone online, and the storewould have no responsisblity over the purchase. It is considered different departments of Radioshack.

• Ph
      Nov 01, 2009

I am seconding [protected]'s comment...I used to work there as well...that is exactly how it is, we did not have a special version of the website it was the same thing you see at home and the cell phones on the website actually are through a third party website not the radioshack distributors.

• St
      Mar 12, 2010
    RadioShack - couldn't return defective device
    Radioshack

I purchased an on-line only item, actually the local store placed the order for me. It proved to be defective. I took it to the local store and was advised I had to contact the return warehouse for a replacement. I placed 3 phone calls to the number listed on your return policy statement and each time was told they could not provide an authorization to return and that I should take it back to the store.

I have never been subjected to a more through run around in my life; and still have no authoriznation to return for replacement.

Radioshack has lost a customer. They soon will go the way of Circuit City!

• Ev
      Jul 19, 2010
    RadioShack - iphone4 order
    Radioshack
    1709 missouri blvd
    Jefferson City
    Missouri
    Phone: [protected]

I preordered the new IPhone 4 through radioshack on June 15th!! I was supposed to get it by June 24th. Here is now JULY 18TH!! and i have no phone. I called them last week to say that I was going out of town and would be home on monday. Where i was going had no service on phones so they would have to leave me a message to tell me my phone was in and I would come in that monday to get it. So monday comes along and my phone now has service i get the message saying my phone was in. When I called them on monday like I said I would they told me that they went ahead and gave it to the next person on the list because I did not answer back to their message. I had told them that I would not have services that weekend so i would not be able to call till monday!! I SAID TO SAVE IT FOR ME!! WHAT THE HECK!! Does that not mean anything!!!

• Am
      Dec 29, 2010
    RadioShack - christmas exchange
    2841 Greenbriar Pkwy SW
    Atlanta
    Georgia
    Phone: [protected]

My son bought me a laptop stand for Christmas 2017. I actually needed a cooling stand for my laptop. I took the stand back to the Greenbriar Store for an "Even Exchange". I did not have the receipt because it was a gift!!! The clerk refused to exchange the clearly unopened gift for the equally priced stand. WTF?!?!?! His explanation was that it could have been stolen?!?!?! I hope and pray that my son still has the receipt so that I can bring it back for a full refund! I will NEVER, EVER, EVER, shop at RadioShack again in my life!

Dec 29, 2010

They do make gift receipts, you know. The employee did the right thing, and most other companies would follow suit. Heck, even if you did buy it, as far as they know, you bought it when it was a lot cheaper.

Jan 07, 2011

I work for Radio shack and this is how every store is. We won't accept any returns without the receipt. You could have gotten the item from another store, that is not a Radio shack store. Or you could have gotten it from one of our stores when it WAS on sale and you just want more money back for it. It could be numerous things. That is why we have the receipts and it says on the back of the receipt our return policy. How about listening to everyone else and teaching your son what a gift receipt is!!!

• Bl
      Feb 12, 2011

I recently received a gift from Radio Shack, and it came with a gift receipt. First off, a small Radio Shack in our own town said no, they are an independent franchise shop so they won't honor returns from other stores. Then off to the original selling store. THEY would only honor a return on the gift receipt for in-store credit. They said they couldn't give the actual money back because they would need to credit the buyer's credit card. I thought a gift receipt would get you a cash refund so you could go buy what you really want somewhere else?!

Feb 12, 2011

Blah Blah Blob: Gift receipts DO NOT work like that anywhere. They only give you store credit, never cash.

• Hb
      Feb 15, 2011

Normally it is easy to transfer pictures form one device to another i wouldnt come on here claiming he lied about anything he said he would transfer your pictures and probably tried to and couldnt but then again most phones are easy to switch photo's you just had a hard one to do that. Now to cry and say he broke your card slot is a little much im sure it wasnt his intention to break it it was an accident that is unfortunate but was accidental im sure and could happen to anyone. You left to run errands and your husband finished up with him for all you know besides what he told you he may have told him not to worry about the photo's when he was having difficulties in transferring the photo's and the slot broke.

Dec 10, 2011
    RadioShack - black friday scam
    Ohio

We waited in line on Black Friday for the Xbox 360 w/ Kinect bundle. We were 3rd in line and they only had 1 Xbox in the store BUT they said to everyone who wanted one it would be ok because they would mail them, for free, to us. Should've known right there that we were being scammed but we waited so long that we had to take the chance. Well 2 days later of course we get a call that something went wrong and our orders didn't go through, and they were sold out of the Xbox and we would get a raincheck on them but not guaranteed by Xmas. However everything else that I purchased on the same order (that they also didn't have available) to have shipped went through just fine. So it was just the Xbox that didn't go through on my order, really? So they normally don't sell Xbox in their stores and somehow they are going to get more in stock? I don't buy it. They're not going to make my family wait around for nothing and collect interest on our money (and god knows however many more peoples) to just cancel our order months later because they will never get any more. I also don't buy that they would spend so much money to ship, for free, all these items to people when they could've just had them in the store to hand out? Makes no sense. Makes you think they never really had any in stock to ship to people to begin with...

• Bo
      Jan 13, 2012
    RadioShack - unskilled - rude
    578 South Ave
    Tallmadge
    Ohio
    Phone: [protected]

Called Store an clerk answered an I told him what I was looking for and he said they did not have any in HIS store and I ask him to see how long it would to get it in he then put me on hold and came back and said he did not have time to check on battery for camcorder I said that was fine I did not need it just then and he could check on it later or tomorrow or next week just let me know when- then he got stupid and hung up. I called back and another guy told me that it was a online item only now how hard was that online only is not the same as not in store. Then i called corporate to make complaint got put on hold for 25 min then when they answered it was a supervisor in Hawaii WTF. She was nice and was going to give me the # to corporate but is was the same to the same fool who sent me to Hawaii under normal circumstances a trip to Hawaii might have been nice but not this time SOME PEOPLE TO BE RETRAINED in customer service.