Radio Shack — insurance ploy
They are holding my $250 dollar deposit hostage!! I tried to exchange a bad phone with a replacement because I bought their $80 replacement insurance. What a mistake that was! First off, their "substitute" phone was crap, and second they said it takes 30 days for them to give your money back! I have all the tracking documentation and would like to charge them interest.
The sales rep who initially sold me the phone said "if you have any problems with this phone, simply come into the store and we will exchange it right here". LIES.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Honolulu, HI You have to call into their service plan department and get a RA# then they take your deposit, ship out a 2nd phone then you put the bad one in the same box and stick the prepaid fedex ground shipping (very few locations for drop off) then ship it back to them. REMEMBER TO KEEP ALL DOCUMENTS AND TRACKING NUMBERS!!
The funny thing is- the deposit is for a phone that was refurbished to begin with, which is probably why I was having trouble with it randomly shutting off, thus missing many calls without my knowledge.
I DISCOURAGE ANYONE CONSIDERING SUBSCRIPTION OF CELL PHONE SERVICE FROM THEM! DO NOT FALL FOR THE INCENTIVES THEY TRY TO PUSH! DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND GO DIRECT TO THE CELL COMPANY RETAIL STOREFRONT.
More Radio Shack Complaints & Reviews
- Radio Shack - wrongful firing! 
- Radio Shack Replacement Service Plan - failure to replace insured headphones 
- Radio Shack - tv converter box 
- Radio Shack - they don't give refunds on toys 
- Radio Shack - the worst customer service 
- RadioShack - unauthorized charges 
- Radio Shack - poor customer service!
- RadioShack.com - god sake do not waste your money on expedited shipping
- Radio Shack - unprofessional & misinformed manager
- RadioShack - sexual harrassment taken lightly