Radio Shack / black friday ad rip off

1 Columbus, OH, United States Review updated:

Radio Shack had an Ad for a Acer Netbook for Black Friday. We got to the store at 2:45am and were the 4th in line. The add said there was a minimum of 1 per store. The Ad should have said there is only 1 per store. We waited in line for 3 hours to find out there was only 1 total in the store and the guy who was camped out overnight was the one who received it. If the ad would have said only 1 per store, I would not have even bothered going.

Hw

Comments

• Bl
      26th of Nov, 2010

Radio Shack engaged in similar illegal conduct in Mass. They advertised the Acer Netbook for $179 but they did not have any. I was at the store when it opened and no one had a netbook. They said they only had ONE and sold it to someone else. It is clear that Radio Shack is engaged in unfair and deceptive business practice violating the law. The law prohibits a store from advertising a product which they do not have enough to meet the expected demand and requires they give rain checks or comparable substitutions if they do not have enough of the merchandise to meet the expected demand. Radio Shack refused to give either. Bait and Switch is illegal. Radio Shack ran this add not to sell it to customers but to get customers in the store to sell them something else. They had substantially less of this advertised items then they have of their other items. Also they deceitfully tricked customers to go to them 1st by posting a false opening time saying they open at 5:30 but not opening till 6:00

• Fe
      27th of Nov, 2010

walmart had no right to take that away from her daughter they bullied her daughter which is the worst type of customer service! First come first served period people if it was you who got a tv then it got stripped from you you would be pissed to! As far as weather or not kids should or shouldnt have tv in their room thtis a parents choice! You have no right to tell someone they dont need anyting in particular she waited her time she received her tv for an employee to take it away from the girl was totally in appropriate! The fact that they intimidated a child she should follow it all the way up the ladder she should call daily to the head quarters and demand answers there is no exscuse! The bracelets were abad idea in the first place i went to walmart today and i left without purchasing anything because all those so called specials they had sucked! i worked for walmart years ago and trust me when i say this isnt the first time a crappy scamming idea has happened! I found all the stuff i wanted at the mall today and i spent less than i anticipated! I am so glad i didnt waste my time going out bright and early i did not even leave my house until 9 am!

• Be
      27th of Nov, 2010

My radio shack in New Albany, Indiana hid their acer netbook hot deal under the counter. I was second in line and the first one asking. The employees looked dumbfounded when asked where it was then someone else got it when we were told it was at the counter. Radio Shack should be held accountable for such tactics. Where can consumers report this type of activity.

• Be
      27th of Nov, 2010

Hiding the baited merchandise, thats the activity. Why wasnt the netbook on the shelf to sell like all others? The ad said minimum 1, yes they followed their ad to the letter, but thats still not right, but people like you accept it and so they get away with it.

• Ek
      29th of Nov, 2010

i got there at five thirty in the morning, me, my sister and the three people in front of us all bought one...its not radio shack ...its the owner. i know the man that owns radio shack in our area and also know it depends on how many the owner orders for his store.

• Gc
      29th of Nov, 2010

I was in a black friday event back in 2007, just to pick up a portable DVD player. When we got to the cashier, the lady gave me the regular price instead of the sale price and said I have to get the money back through a rebate. That was the last time I went there during black friday. I have not shopped at Radio Shack that much cause of their prices and crappy customer service. Technically they are selling products to who ever they want to, and tell others to go online.

• Po
      29th of Dec, 2010

Ok. Wow. There's a lot of responding I can do to this. I work for Radioshack and I worked there for Black Friday. EVERY store is entitled to AT LEAST ONE per store. My store had only ONE of the Acer netbooks on black friday. It ISN'T the store manager that orders each of the products in. It's the warehouse that sends them to us and they send how many ever they want. And my store DID have ALL netbooks, laptops, GPS units, cameras, phones, etc behind the counter so we didn't have to run to the back to get them. We are not allowed to keep high priced items like that on the sales floor, that is company policy. If a specific store does, then that is there problem. Opening for black friday WAS at 530 NOT at 600. Check all the other stores and you'll see that. Ok, I am done venting about people's stupidity. :)

• Po
      29th of Dec, 2010

Oh and HWY9867, which store in Columbus is it? I work at one in Ohio too and I know MOST of the managers in the Columbus area since they are in my district. Trust me, they'd like to hear complaints like this. Lol.