Radiant Marketing Solutions / Job Scam on New Orleans Craigslist

1 New Orleans, LA, United States Review updated:

This is a scam in the admin/clerical jobs section of www.neworleans.craigslist.com. I sent little info about myself, no resume, and asked for a phone number to reach this company back at. It was advertising a position as an assistant to a real estate management company on Decatur St. This is the email I got back (notice the bad English, particularly the first sentence-----also notice that the point of the scam is identity theft...they want you to fill out enough info for them to get your credit score---bravo to the guy who posted a warning on craigslist about all the fraudulent administrative assistant positions):
Dear Applicant,
Thank you for your intent on our job offer and we have read your resume and you have qualified for the job at hand. Due to the recent economic troubles, our company now requires all applicants to be in good credit standing before we interview you.You and 3 other candidates have been shortlisted for the job vacancy and will all be scheduled for an interview as soon as possible. As part of the protocols of our growing company, we have deployed measures to ensure that the company is safe from any liabilities and problems from our employees, which includes getting your credit score checked.
In lieu to that, we have arranged a special free service for our applicants to get their credit checked with the following company:
Free Credit Check Here
Once you have your credit check in place please send me an email confirmation as soon as possible and inform me about your credit score standing and then we will confirm your interview schedule. During the interview you will be asked to present the soft copy of your credit standing for company documentation and proof.
Amy Johansson
HR Manager

Comments

• Au
      10th of Jul, 2009

There are so many of these scams around... it really sucks..when you repsond to job ads on craigslist, chances are it will be some scam crap like this.

• Sm
      14th of Jul, 2009

Yes, I have gotten several of these emails from "Sally Johnston" and "Amy Johanssen". I tried to reply asking which position it was but got no reply just the request for credit. BIG SCAM!!!

• Mi
      14th of Jul, 2009

I received the EXACT same email today!!! Do not respond or send them any information!!!

• Az
      14th of Jul, 2009

just got the same thing. there are ways to find out who hosts the web sites and report them for malisious activity

• Sg
      15th of Jul, 2009

I just got the same email, which made me skeptical because I got a similar email from another job post yesterday so I decided to check it out. But I DID send a credit report to the reply from yesterday. Yikes?!?! Is there anything I can do to stop the damage?!?

• Ti
      16th of Jul, 2009

sggeiger did you give them info on your credit report or said you did do the credit report. I sent an e-mail saying that I got the report but it bounced back and then I went to inverstigate it. I did get the credit report from a legit website althought the website was contained in the email. There was a link, however the people are on the BBB website. Plus, I couldn't get the report anyway because of a dispute I made some time ago. It was weird though becausen at first a got a false number then a real one to all them. I say keeping checking your credit report frequently or put a watch on it.

17th of Jul, 2009

I got the same message to .. So please be careful

Sally Johnston

17th of Jul, 2009

I received the same email today. Figured it was a scam. Terrible how this is allowed!!!

• Ks
      20th of Jul, 2009

Yeah I believe that they use craigslist a lot under different job searches. Because its the same letter I received twice already. It sure is discouraging when all you want is a job. : (

• Rd
      20th of Jul, 2009

I recieved the exact same email but it was from Sally Johnston H R Manager. They wanted me to give them my info for credit check. I kindly sent the IT an email stating that I did not feel comfortable sendingIT my info because of id theft. I really am not expecting a response back.

• Mk
      23rd of Jul, 2009

I received the same email from the Milwaukee WI craiglist job board.
    It's a sad scene when there are trustworthy eligible applicants looking for legitimate positions and all we get are these SCAM emails in return!

Sam Johanssen

• 7l
      23rd of Jul, 2009

Thank you for posting this. I got the same email this morning and was trying to figure out which of my applications this was in response to. I thought their request for a credit score was off-the-wall. Now I know to just delete the email. Thanks again for the alert.

• Am
      23rd of Jul, 2009

I received the same email today from Sally Johnston for a position posted in the Quad Cities IA/IL. I sent an email back to her letting her know that I would not send the requested information without knowing what company she was with and know more about the job that was open. What a scam! Thank goodness for Google :)

• Bl
      23rd of Jul, 2009

got the same thing they will get your social and take your identity if you respond don't to be smart.

• Sh
      23rd of Jul, 2009

I got the same email today. BEWARE!!!

• Li
      23rd of Jul, 2009

I got the same email today! Everything matches exactly!

• Ba
      24th of Jul, 2009

got the same message to from Sally Johnston for a position in Anchorage Alaska. I have to agree thank goodness for Google. This is really bad especially during these times when I am sending out so many resumes, luckily I keep track of all the emails, it helps to recall the companies I've applied for.

• Mi
      24th of Jul, 2009

I just received the EXACT email response from this SCAM of a company. Thank God before I went any further I googled and found this website. I won't bother to include the email they sent me because it is EXACTLY the same as all of the above. I am in the Columbus, OH area. I will email them to let them know that they are being targeted as a SCAM from coast to coast! Maybe they will go away but probably not. Unfortunetly for as many of us that are wise emough to check these things out, there are just as many, if not more that are just so (unfortunetly) desperate for a job, they will do just about anything that a "perspective" employer asks. Thanks to all of you above that have left notices.
    Good luck to you all in finding a TRUE company & job in the near future.

• Hm
      28th of Jul, 2009

I too received the same email today...I'm sure they got the info from Craigslist...how sad for this day and age...

• El
      29th of Jul, 2009

As everyone else, I also received that specific email. I responded back asking them for what position but no response. I recommend one not to send their personal information.