Rachael Chapel <rachaelsignrecotti.com> / JOB FRAUD - Bait and switch

United States, North Carolina, Charlotte Review updated:
rachael@recotti.com is a scam email, the bait is a "fake" job offer posted in craigslist (customer service position) the switch is to get you to pay and order a credit report from the affiliate marketer. That is how they make their money. Lots of dummies are actually buying these credit reports with hopes there is an actual job.

Here is the scam email below.

It's Rachael again. I emailed you a week ago after you inquired about the customer service position we advertised in Craigslist. In case you didn't receive it, I thought I'd try to contact you one last time.

I am the HR executive for Recotti, a marketing and promotions company which mainly focuses on promoting products, offers and services aimed towards women, on behalf of our clients. However, we also promote other offers as well if we think they are a good fit for our company.

As you can appreciate, in the current climate, we have been inundated with enquiries about this position and as a result, we need a little more information from you to assist your application.

As a customer service representative, you will be able to access a customer's bank account details and other sensitive data. With this in mind, part of our routine background and security checks involve all applicants to perform a routine credit check to verify their details. This check is at no cost to yourself and all details will remain confidential.

Please note, your application will not be determined by your credit rating, it is used simply to verify the data submitted in your resume is correct.

I am eager to see what you can offer us, so if you have not obtained your credit score within the last seven days, please obtain one via the link below:

Next, input your score onto our application page below, where you can also upload your resume to us. Please note, we only want your score, not your entire report so there are no issues of revealing private data.

After you have supplied us with your score and resume, I will be able to review your application as soon as possible.

N  7th of Apr, 2009 by
This Recotti scam is also operating on Gumtree in the U.K. Luckily I cottoned on to the scam and didn't buy anything. I wasted a lot of my time doing their online exercises to prove my computer skills which are interspersed between signing up for newsletter from bona fide sites. It take about three e-mails then they invite your for an interview - the catch is - you are asked to buy something - in my case Acai Berry - to trial and then discuss at the interview. These people are shameful! Even though I didn't continue the process I'm still getting mails from beloved Rachael telling me she has a job for me - guess what? A work from home scam - how thoughtful.
A  7th of Apr, 2009 by
P.S This is quite new - well the "company" name anyway cos I scoured the internet looking for something on them and could find nothing. Their official "website" is one page supposedly "under construction". The companies which they do this dodgy affiliate marketing with should be outed - named and shamed!

What can be done to stop this? Anything?
N  11th of Apr, 2009 by
I too have just completed the test and thought this was all very odd, and I am now really worried what they will do with all my details.
Any advice on what i should do now?
N  21st of Apr, 2009 by
I also Have recieved those emails and as soon as i started getting emails to buy something i stopped it it is 100% scam and I am pretty gulable but they are so obvious. i even sent my credit score then they wanted me to try a sample and buy something then i stopped after that DON'T DO IT!!!
N  24th of Apr, 2009 by
hi lisa what details did you give them?