RaceTrac Gas And Store (Convenience Variety) / overcharging

3425 S Sherwood Forest Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA, United States Review updated:
Phone: +1 225-292-7981

Racetrac is usually one of my favorite gas and convenience store combos but one employee can ruin that.
I've learned to put up with rudeness, usually can't get away from it in these kinds of industries.
Saturday nite/Feb 6, I stopped in to pick up a few things.
My purchase came to 12.39, I gave the cashier 20.50, my change should have been 8.11, when I counted money I had on the way home I was 3.00 short. I am absolutely sure b/c we are having a bad week financially so I knew exactly what I had.
I guess you could say its my own but the store was crowded and I was paying too much attention to things going on around me. Don't ever assume you are getting the correct change and not pay attention what you are being given.
Unfortunately some employees regularly shortchange customers as a way of getting extra money. After going over the incident in my memory I believe cashier knew exactly what she was doing.
I tried calling the store afterwards but of course they never answer the phone.
Of course these places don't give receipts unless you ask for them but I was scammed nontheless.

• Philip Pogue's Response, Jan 07, 2019

Need some Natural American Cigrettes in Tan Pack.

• Steve Segerson's Response, Feb 02, 2019

Total indolence

• BEAGLE222's Response, Apr 07, 2019

Please call asap ty

Comments

• Ju
      7th of Apr, 2012

They don't answer the phones because the clerks and/or cashiers ARE ALWAYS ON THEM with a personal call about nothing at all!!! I used to always go to the O'neal location but during the day, and more so at night the clerks are talking on the phone, or texting on cell phones and act as if you are a problem for needing to make a purchase and won't hang up. They actually have the phone glued to their head (stores phone) while ringing up your sale which is another way your change back gets screwed up! They do this while making coffee too and no mater which flavor you choose you are sure to get a cup full of grounds because of that "life-or-death" call or text. Tonight i went into the Essen at Starring location at about 2am and was the only customer in the store. What i was trying to buy was on the way to the register so i grabbed it and walked up to pay and the cashier was sitting in a chair way away from the registers and views of cameras, TEXTING ON A FXXKING CELL PHONE and made me wait while she finished even though she knew i was waiting to be rung up. What happened to the days when cell phone use was prohibited while on the clock at any job because the ### using it don't need an excuses to be any more ignorant or inconsiderate??? RACETRACK-be a little more selective in who you hire!

• Sc
      31st of Jul, 2014

50 percent of the time I go to the race track store in Hammond Louisiana on South Morrison430 in the morning the coffee is old. It is an extreme inconvenience at your convenience store. I have talked to the manager several times and nothing is being done. Please do something.

• Cb
      18th of Nov, 2014

Tuesday november 18th 2014 around 10:30 pm co-manager Melissa checked us out. My boyfriend and I arrived at the counter. He had a six pack of beer and I had a mango-Rita. Before being greeted or even simply saying hello she quickly said "I am not trying to be difficult but I need to see both of your license. I need to hers too because she carried the drink to the counter (she said to my boyfriend). I did not have my license I me and have never had this issue as I have never had to have my license just because I carried it to the counter before. Either way the issues came in when we was greeted by, "I'm not trying to be difficult, but...". Why couldn't we have a greeting or something that is wasn't so confrontstional. The experience was super awkward for my boyfriend and I. It was also really awkward when she asked my boyfriend, "Okay baby, swipe your card right there for me". This lady just didn't seem to have manners or have the customer service part down part. We love race trac! This lady just made our experience super weird and uncomfortable. It makes us not want to come back there when she's working (that's probably 5 out of 7 days of the week).

• Cw
      24th of Nov, 2014

I shop at the store on greenwell springs road. Customer service there sucks. I stop there 2xa day 5x a week. It seems it hurts the crs to open their mouth its impolite and rude. Yall need to train them better. Iknow my little charges will not break the company if i stop going there but something needs to be done. Thank you

• Ya
      24th of Dec, 2015

I stopped at the racetrac store in Waxahachie tx located on hwy 77 with my two grandsons to get them each a cold drink. It was Christmas eve at about 8:30pm. There was a Hispanic woman who was behind the counter that checked us out. When she put the drinks and chips and cookies in the bag my 4 year old grandson asked her if he could have his drink. She took one of the drinks out of the bag and slid it across the counter at him. He informed her that the other drink was his so she grabbed the drink and threw it back in the bag and took the other one out and slung it across the counter towards him. She never told me what the total was. Instead I had to look st the total before sliding my debit card. Once the transaction was processed she handed me the receipt by saying "here". My response to her was "your welcome". I will never shop in that store again. What that employee needs to realize is if it weren't for customers like me, she wouldn't have a job!!! I prefer to shop and do business only with stores whom appreciates my business. Horrible customer service!!! And too make matters worse its Christmas eve!!! Very sad!!!

• Co
      25th of Aug, 2016
    Racetrac - service
    racetrac
    1930 nw. highway
    Dallas, TX

I am submitting a complaint about an employee being on the store phone talking personal business trying to do customer service at the same time. On top of that the store phone I don't need to hear his personal conversation when I'm trying to buy something I will never set foot in a race track store ever again. Customer service in my business would not be done that way and will not be done that way. Congratulations you're rude employee this cost you thousands of dollars a month.

• Ri
      14th of Aug, 2018
    Racetrac - Services
    Melbourne
    Florida

I don't know her name but the recipie says Roberson she was very rude is crazy words made me feel belittled and really hurt my feelings I shop at this store at least 6 times a week we argued for like 10 minutes and then she say she can refuse my sale then told me it's not a race thing

• Th
      14th of Aug, 2018
    Racetrac - People & Service
    Terrytown, Louisiana
    Louisiana

The Racetracs in Terrwtown, on Belle Chasse Highway, Laplaco, and Lafayette Street have way too many of the employees/clerks cannot/do not speak anything close to English. They cannot and do not communicate effectively in the English language.

They stopped offering the survey benefit of BOGO so I don't shop or buy gas there any more.

• Mi
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Racetrac - Guest service
    Green Cove Springs
    Florida

Not a complaint but a compliment, I go to the Racetrac in green cove often and Katie the cashier always remember what I get, my lotto my cigs and even what car I'm driving to get gas!

• Da
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Racetrac - Mangement was very rude and hot bun was molded
    Orlando
    Florida

I went to purchase a soda and a hot dog. And the manger Carlos was very rude. After I paid I wanna 2 hot dog. And hot dog buns was moldy

16th of Aug, 2018
    Racetrac - Coffee selection
    Arlington, Texasarlington
    racetrac.com

@RaceTrac is converting to a one cup coffee brew system, which is great. As a result they have stopped shipping there selections of coffee. So until the individual store are converted we will left with two flavors, Regular and decaffeinated. Thanks but no thanks!!!

• Un
    Racetrac - The price of my ice cream
    Calhoun
    Georgia

I was charged double for 2-24 oz tubs of ice cream that were supposed to be 2 for $7. They charged me $14. My purchases are never completed to my satisfaction at this store. I did not enjoy being overcharged for something that I thought would be more inexpensive.

Racetrac - A manager stealing
    Miami
    Florida

Antwon Lanier is stealing all the lotto tickets .. I suggest u guys watch your cameras . And do background checks regularly .

• Wi
    Racetrac - Card readers never work at Racetrac
    West Palm Beach
    Florida

I have stopped at the Racetrac on 45th St in West Palm Beach FL about a dozen times in the last few months. Whether I use my American Express, Visa or even a RaceTrac gas card I got, invariably the card reader does not work. i dont have time in my busy morning to wait in line and order my estimated amount of gas. Fix it or lose a regular customer

• Ju
    Racetrac - Your app and fee stuf
    Baton Rouge, Louisianab

Everything is terrible in this. 225 573 7770. I have two phones nenumber and email account. I want then.combu e .I want my free the roll er iten .why can't they key in a number n redeeming. It's sucks. The manager was rye and pass over me to another guest.

• He
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Racetrac - Waste of food
    Middleburg
    Florida

He waste of good food at our racetrack is ridiculous. It could be giving away to churches or to the homeless where we live. The food would not be a reliability due to we have food banks and soup kitchen down the road along with legion. The subway I work at donates the left over bread to the fire station nightly and there is no issue there.

• Mo
      29th of Aug, 2018
    Racetrac - Service
    Tampa
    Florida

They are very unprofessional they are rude . I was not happy with the store experience at all An the manager always look pass the wrong doings of the employees . I will Not Continue To Buy gas Here !!!The store on W. Hillsborough Tampa, Fl

29th of Aug, 2018
    Racetrac - General Manager rude
    Garland
    Texas

I was in the bathroom taking a [censored] and the Manager started asking me why I was using all the toilet paper. She was extremely unprofessional 😡😡

1st of Sep, 2018
    Racetrac - Gas
    VIOLET
    Louisiana

I filled up my vechile on saturday
    Jan 13, 2017 in chalmette la my vechile started acting up when i would start it.i never had this problem i took it to a shop to get told i got bad gas in the tank..now im pissed and i find out they gas always bad

4th of Sep, 2018
    Race Trac - Breakfast Food
    Arlington
    racetrac.com

I'm not sure how this store is cooking their breakfast sandwiches. But I've had to throw away the bottom half of my biscuit SEVERAL times before today. Today i got my biscuit and the wrapping paper was literally cooked onto the biscuit!! I will make the extra drive to quicktrip from now on.

• Ya
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Racetrac - Truck driver

This truck driver was weaving and bobbing through Lanes with no Direction light on I-75 south in Florida between Palmetto and Lakewood Ranch. He cut me off twice his license plate number was 222 7cc. We have enough accidents on that interstate without having a gas truck drive recklessly.

• Du
      19th of Sep, 2018
    Racetrac - rewards program
    Saint Rose
    Louisiana

have the rewards app. have 665 points picked out items went to check out and scanned bar code on phone and it did not work. workers at store said they didnt have a clue on what was wrong. the phone number is 504-975-4041. i buy gas for 4 vehicles . please help. i feel like this is a scam..

• Tr
      19th of Sep, 2018
    Racetrac - Stealing
    Fort Lauderdale
    Florida

Antwon Lanier is stealing from the store. He's stealing money out the registers, and taking strach offs ...

• Cs
      2nd of Oct, 2018
    Racetrac - Refusal to honor promotion
    LaGrange
    Georgia

Took ticket stubs to racetrac in LaGrange Ga from Braves game today. Supposed to get $5 off purchase because braves homered in selected inning. Person there knew nothing about the promotion and refused to honor it. Don't do a promotion if you won't honor it.

• Ro
      14th of Oct, 2018
    Racetrac - Racetrac italian sandwich
    North port florida

Walked into a race track gas station against my better judgment I was hungry so I grabbed a premade Italian sandwich get home open it up take a bite of it I literally choked the bread was so hard and so dry and so thick I could even choke down it was absolutely disgusting

• Cr
      21st of Oct, 2018
    Racetrac - Wet entrance not being maintained properly.
    Carrollton
    Texas

No Mat. Rude behavior from staff when I almost fell.. Management looking on oblivious...

• La
      27th of Oct, 2018
    Racetrac - Store close early

On yesterday Sunday May 21 2017 arrive at racetrac on Essen lane and two works closed the store down they claim they didn't have anybody to work and they was closing the store didn't see any manager on duty is this the policy on your store to close if you have no works if so this is poor management on this company

• Yu
      28th of Oct, 2018
    Racetrac - Money Orders
    Jacksonville
    Racetrac.com

Every time I go into Racetrac for a money order, all the employees act like they don't want to ring up the money order for me, then eventually will tell me "the machine is down". Which I'm almost positive they are just being lazy.

• Ar
      22nd of Jan, 2019
    Racetrac - Manager refused to honor advertise price
    7621 W linebaugh ave
    Tampa, FloridaTampa

Manager for 3rd shift Richard refured to honor advertise price of 17.99 for Mic Ultra

• Dm
      22nd of Jan, 2019
    Racetrac - Gas price
    2474 sw madiera st
    Port Saint Lucie
    Florida

Ethenol 85 gas should not be $2.99 per gallon. I almost died after pumping gas and see how much I was charged. The station across the street $1.85, guess I will be going there now.

• Ph
      23rd of Jan, 2019
    Racetrac - Natural American Spirit Cigarettes
    5725 Jefferson Hwy.
    Harahan
    Louisiana

Wish you would get this in the TAN Pack. Not a complaint a request. And also get Winston select king size cigarettes.

• Pa
      11th of Feb, 2019
    Racetrac - Store closed with customers coming in for service
    2995 45th street, west palm beach,fl

Clerk closed the store because they only had one person working, when there were clearly 2 people in inside who looked under the age of 18 .This is a very active RACETRAC and over 50 people were turned away. Bad management. West Palm Beach deserves better. We had to take our service to 7 eleven, 2100 45 th street who had great customer service.

• St
      12th of Feb, 2019
    Racetrac - Staff
    5725 Jefferson hwy Elmwood la

Literally 23 people in line one clerk working cash register. One clerk sitting behind counter loading gum and mints in display counter. Total indolence !!!

• Ca
      25th of Feb, 2019
    Racetrac - Employees on personal calls
    Airline Hwy, Saint Rose,LA

I was at Racetrac this week. The clerk who checked me out was on the phone the entire time I was checking out. This is not the first time it has happened.
    This is rude.

If I did this on MY job, I would be fired.

I can tell from the conversation that it was NOT a business call.

Good Customer Service is almost non- existant in this world today :(

• Be
      15th of Apr, 2019
    Racetrac - The Hershey syrup was out and they didn't want to try and check to fill it
    Hunters creek Orlando

And when I suggested it the 1 employee clapped a hugh empty garbage bag 3 ft from me in the aisle I felt it was not courteous and professional.im requesting a $20 gift card to go somewhere else and for the inconvenience Thanks( I'm at 4351 CREEKSIDE Blvd KISSIMMEE Florida 34746.) My phone 4077174417

• Dw
      16th of Apr, 2019
    Racetrac - Bad fuel

Every time I get fuel at your stores in the Orange Park area, my truck runs bad and fuel light comes on. It will take 2 fill ups from the Wawa for truck to run right again. You have lost my business

• Da
      16th of Apr, 2019
    Racetrac - Yogurt Machine
    southern boulevard Royal Palm Beach Florida

The machine never works. it comes out like runny water. Every day i complain for months and months and months. I'm there every morning at 6:45 a.m The manager Dave is the greatest friendliest guy. but whoever makes the frozen yogurt is clueless. I complain every day for months and months and months...I just end up buying an ice cream bar