rabbiyitzhakmiller.org / Rabbi Yitzi alleged attempted vehicular manslaughter

Phone: 831) 594-YITZ (9489)

I heard that he is closing his websites!!!

Sh

More rabbiyitzhakmiller.org Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Me
      18th of May, 2009

"shalom", where do you get your MISinformation?????

25th of May, 2009

As someone that has been Jewish all of my live and seen hundreds of Rabbis, I can assure you that I have never encountered such an inept rabbi and one that is potentially so dangerous. I would like to inform anyone that may be thinking of hiring Yitzhak Miller since he calls himself a "virtual rabbi" when he comes out of the virtual world into our reality, it is not a pretty site, smell, or image. I heard many other people also complain about the foul smell, lack of hygiene, and inappropriate comments. For a synagogue to let go of a rabbi in the middle of his contract, the least of our concerns, was his alleged act of vehicular manslaughter at the ATM machine. Our greatest concern was with our own safety and the safety of our children.

• Ra
      10th of Jul, 2009

Look at all the posts this person has made on ComplaintsBoard.com and [redacted].com and ask yourself whether these posts seem like someone "working in the best interests of humanity", or someone who has chosen to use the powerful tool we have in the internet in a way that does disservice to all of us by making legitimate critiques and complaints difficult to find.

Check RabbiYitzhakMiller.org for all the testimonials from members of the Riverside Congregation and ask yourself whether Sidney Cohen actually speaks for the community. Ask yourself whether all these people would say what they did if Sidney's comments are actually true.

Were things a "perfect match" between me and Riverside Temple Beth El? Far from it. Am I perfect? Far from it. Perfection is not the goal. Acknowledgement of our past failings, making amends for those if they have harmed someone, and serious continuous self-improvement is what Judaism and basic human decency expect of us. Neither I nor Judaism expect a person to be perfect. I stand solidly, though, on my record of continuous self-improvement and improvement of the world around me.

Look at CyberJudaism.org and see what it means to be committed to working in the best interests of humanity and the Jewish community.

Ask yourself: "who in this discussion is working to always be a better and better person? Who in this discussion is spending their time being a positive force in the world?"

If you're wondering whether Sidney Cohen's comments are credible, Call Riverside Temple Beth El at 951-684-4511 and ask any of the staff or clergy there what kind of person Sidney Cohen, how he has behaved over the years towards congregants, board members, and clergy. Ask them whether his messages and motives are well-intended.

Or, better yet, call or email him yourself and assess what kind of person he is. Or even visit him in person:
    SIDNEY COHEN

B'shalom,

Rabbi Yitzi Miller

2nd of Aug, 2009

Unemployable 'Rabbi' Yitzhak Miller
    I can't believe that this so called “leader" has now set up shop on the internet… Do people have any idea what kind of havoc he caused in our community? And to answer the questions he poses on the frontpage of the website: Is he scary? Will he bite? …YES and…YES. Now let me tell you why. Yizty is an unbalanced guy, and it goes WAY back. He just can not get it together. He was fired from the synagogue, could not get another real job, and now he is unemployable.

So I discover, that in addition to raging at the credit union and the donut shop, he has attempted to solve his problems by luring unsuspecting people who are interested in Judaism over the Internet. Little do these people know that this man has a REAL temper. We in Riverside, have all experienced it first-hand. And if you have something tasty in your hand, you better watch that too! He has attempted vehicular manslaughter so he would surely bite you!

Yitzhak Miller represents a great danger to the online community because he is not fit as a leader. Yet he spends an enormous amount of advertising claiming that he is a leader in the area of what he does. What Yitzhak Miller did for Riverside is terrorize our community and leave us with a lack of faith in Jewish clergy. This is not the type of person who should be a Rabbi

Rabbi at Riverside's oldest synagogue resigns amid complaints of conduct

10:00 PM PST on Friday, January 25, 2008

By GREGOR McGAVIN
    The Press-Enterprise

The spiritual leader of Riverside's oldest synagogue is stepping down, more than two months after he grazed a school psychologist with his truck during an argument over who was first in line at a drive-through ATM.

No one was hurt in the Nov. 5 fracas at Altura Credit Union in Riverside, and a judge this month dismissed misdemeanor charges of battery and hit and run against Temple Beth El Rabbi Yitzhak Miller.

Jory Yarmoff, president of the temple's board of directors, confirmed that the board has accepted the resignation.

He said that since the credit union incident, individual congregants have come forward to complain about how Miller treated them.

'The other issues predate the credit union incident. That just served to focus people's attention, ' Yarmoff said.

'Anger management was part of it. The other part of it was his ability to successfully partner with temple leadership.'

Miller resigned, effective June 30,

Past Struggles

Before arriving at Temple Beth El in July 2006, Miller served about five years as first a student rabbi, then community rabbi at Congregation Emeth in Gilroy.

Michael Oshan, president of the Gilroy temple's board, said Miller 'had a lot to offer, but there were some issues.' He declined to be specific but said anger management was involved.

Miller -- described in the police report on the ATM fracas as 6 feet tall and 275 pounds -- said in a Dec. 2 letter to the congregation that he has had 'a compulsive eating addiction' since junior high school. He said he has been seeing a therapist for almost two years for his eating disorder and the therapist warned him that 'previously unprocessed feelings would likely begin to come up in potent ways.'

Miller said he also had attempted to enroll in an anger-management program but had not yet found one that would accept someone not ordered to join by a court.

• Ra
      4th of Aug, 2009

Sidney Cohen--Sins of Omission

Judaism clearly teaches that it is a sin to disparage another person by omitting facts.
    • Why would Sidney Cohen cut the following out of the article he posted?
    • Why would Sidney Cohen post different versions of the Press Enterprise article, every time cutting out more and more things that could be viewed as positive?

Am I proud of that incident?—No. Does it define a person’s life or career?—No. But do I accept responsibility?—Yes.
    Does Sidney Cohen clearly show his true personality by his libelous stalking of someone on the internet? I hope not. I hope he will be able to seek help with his anger management problem and find peace in his life.

Why is Sidney Cohen so angry?
    • because I had to call security to have him physically removed from my office when he became verbally abusive and threatened physical harm.
    • because when he called me a “f—king a—hole at the congregational meeting in front of 100 people I refused to get angry and chose to ignore his comment as the rantings of a deranged man.
    • because he has verbally abused every Rabbi and every president that Temple Beth El has had so severely that I was warned about him when I interviewed for the position.

But fortunately or unfortunately, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. I didn’t believe that someone could be so vindictive, so angry, so insecure, so hateful. Yet I still give Sidney Cohen the benefit of the doubt and hope that, even at his age, he can still change and be redeemed.

Here’s the full article, including all the things that Sidney cut out in the hopes that you wouldn’t see them:

10:00 PM PST on Friday, January 25, 2008
    By GREGOR McGAVIN
    The Press-Enterprise
    "The other issues predate the credit union incident. That just served to focus people's attention, " Yarmoff said.
    "Anger management was part of it. The other part of it was his ability to successfully partner with temple leadership."
    Miller resigned, effective June 30, in a letter to temple members dated Jan. 14, the day charges against him were dismissed. He has shaken hands and made up with his counterpart in the Nov. 5 incident, both sides said. THAT MAN, WILLIAM HENDRICK, A PSYCHOLOGIST WITH THE RIVERSIDE UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT, EVEN WROTE A LETTER ASKING TEMPLE MEMBERS TO FORGIVE THE RABBI.

YARMOFF PRAISED THE WORK MILLER HAS DONE SINCE ARRIVING IN JULY 2006. HE SAID THE RABBI STRENGTHENED PROGRAMS FOR ADULTS AND CHILDREN. Miller, who has been at the synagogue for a year and a half, said his problems there result not from his actions, but because Temple Beth El -- which serves more than 230 families -- is a small congregation with limited finances and volunteers.
    "It does not appear that there is a good match between my energies as a rabbi and the congregation's ability to sustain these programs, " he said in a phone interview.
    MILLER ALSO POINTED OUT THAT THERE HAS BEEN A HIGH TURNOVER OF CLERGY IN RECENT YEARS AT TEMPLE BETH EL WHICH WAS FOUNDED IN THE 1940S. DURING ONE PERIOD AROUND 2000 THE SYNAGOGUE WENT THROUGH THREE RABBIS IN LESS THAN TWO YEARS.

Yarmoff said he expects Miller's resignation to be a hot topic at the temple's annual congregational meeting Sunday. SOME MEMBERS SAY THEY HAVE BEEN DISCUSSING TRYING TO KEEP MILLER ON AS RABBI. "IT'S A BIG BLOW FOR THE COMMUNITY BECAUSE HE WAS A VERY STRONG LEADER WHO WAS DOING A LOT. However, we've recovered from loss of clergy before, " Yarmoff said.

YARMOFF ACKNOWLEDGED A HIGH TURNOVER AMONG RABBIS BUT DENIED THE TEMPLE HAS A PROBLEM HOLDING ON TO CLERGY.

Past Struggles

MILLER, A GRADUATE OF STANFORD UNIVERSITY WITH A DEGREE IN TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT, WORKED IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS FOR SEVEN YEARS BEFORE BEGINNING RABBINICAL STUDIES AT HEBREW UNION COLLEGE.

Michael Oshan, president of the Gilroy temple's board, said Miller "had a lot to offer, but there were some issues." He declined to be specific but said anger management was involved.

Miller -- described in the police report on the ATM fracas as 6 feet tall and 275 pounds -- said in a Dec. 2 letter to the congregation that he has had "a compulsive eating addiction" since junior high school. He said he has been seeing a therapist for almost two years for his eating disorder and the therapist warned him that "previously unprocessed feelings would likely begin to come up in potent ways."

THE RABBI SAID HE HAD SPOKE WITH OFFICIALS AT THE CENTRAL CONFERENCE OF AMERICAN RABBIS, WHO ADVISED HIM THE BEST COURSE WOULD BE THROUGH T'SHUVAH, WHICH THE ORGANIZATION DESCRIBES AS "THE JEWISH PROCESS OF REDIRECTING OURSELVES BACK ONTO THE 'RIGHT PATH.'"

Rabbi Stephen Einstein, chairman of the Central Conference's ethics committee, confirmed that he has spoken with Miller. Einstein, who leads Congregation B'nai Tzedek in Fountain Valley and HAS KNOWN MILLER SINCE HE WAS IN RABBINICAL SCHOOL, SAID MILLER HAS NOT BEEN CHARGED WITH ANY ETHICAL VIOLATION.

The conference maintains a code of ethics for rabbis, and violators can face sanctions ranging from a reprimand to expulsion.

HENDRICK SENT A LETTER TO THE TEMPLE IN SUPPORT OF MILLER.
    "I KNOW THAT PEOPLE CAN CHANGE IF THEY WISH TO DO SO, " HENDRICK WROTE. "PLEASE GIVE HIM THE BENEFIT HERE AND THEN, IF HE SCREWS UP AGAIN, WE HAVE TRIED TO HELP HIM."

Reach Gregor McGavin at 951-368-9549 or gmcgavin@PE.com

Company information:
    CyberSynagogue.org, rabbiyitzhakmiller
    California
    rabbiyitzhakmiller.org

Rabbi Yitzhak Miller slobbish appearance or his lack of personal hygiene
    rabbiyitzhakmiller.org

He is really scary. He is unhirable. One should wonder which kind of lousy rabbi Yitzhak miller is that even after we are able to get rid of him, many of us still feel he is a threat to the community. From his own police report you can read that he drove his car on top of a gentile gentleman, who for some reason did not proceed with criminal charges. Perhaps the victim felt, as the rest of us do, that Yizhak's career was over. And this was punishment enough. From the experience that our congregation had, most people were very happy to see him go. There is a consensus that he is not cut for the rabbinate, and beleive me, I am not talking about his slobbish appearance or his lack of personal hygiene, I am talking about a person with deep psychological problems. One fact that Yitzhak calls attention to in the article is that the synagogue has a very low budget and therefore we cannot pay a rabbi as much as the market demands. This left us with the bottom of the barrel. If you are thinking about hiring him for anything, I would absolutely recommend you to reconsider. I do not have a personal vendetta, just a moral obligation to keep others from having a terrible experience.
    Stay A way from rabbiyitzhakmiller.org or CyberSynagogue.org, I am someone that has been following the disasterous career of Yizhak Miller. (If you can call it a career). He held a job for a short period of time, and then physically attacked an upstanding member of the community in public with his car. There were other incidences of rage and innappropriate behavior where he embarassed the entire Jewish community. there were also threats against people expressing our constitutional right and brotherly mitzvah to warn others of this danger. I would refrain from warning others if there was reason to believe that he had a good character. It happens that I know Yitzhak Miller enough to tell you that any path that he has followed in his professional life has always ended the same way- with problems, dissapointment, and anger on his part. If you are considering getting married, having a bar mitzvah, or converting to Judaism, I would strongly recommend that you find another Rabbi or a Rabbi with a real synagogue. Rabbis who have a true calling to this career add holiness and legitimacy to your event rather than someone with so much baggage, no career, and terrible hygiene. I know that the Reform Movement has approached him regarding his website because there is a general feeling that he is a 'time-bomb waiting to explode'. There are many others who agree that his actions are not becoming of a rabbi. Yizhak Miller continues to spend a lot of money trying to keep this information from spreading. Hopefully we can together save lives, and allow the Jewish community to thrive with capable leaders

16th of Sep, 2009

Yizhak's career was over. And this was punishment enough.now Yitzhak Miller goes to the gay loving synagogue and he is not even the Rabbi just a fat looser From the experience that our congregation had, most people were very happy to see Yitzhak Miller go. There is a consensus that Yitzhak Miller is not cut for the rabbinate, and beleive me, I am not talking about his slobbish appearance or his lack of personal hygiene, I am talking about a person with deep psychological problems. One fact that Yitzhak calls attention to in the article is that the synagogue has a very low budget and therefore we cannot pay a rabbi as much as the market demands. This left us with the bottom of the barrel like Yitzhak Miller. If you are thinking about hiring Yitzhak Miller for anything, I would absolutely recommend you to reconsider. I do not have a personal vendetta, just a moral obligation to keep others from having a terrible experience with Yitzhak Miller.