Qwest Communications / awful service

I was a Qwest customer for many years (both residential and business) but after my experiences with them I would NEVER sign up for their service again! First of all, when we moved we signed up with Qwest for both internet and home telephone service. We bought the internet modem outright (they said that would save us money in the long run versus renting it), however every month they would charge us a 'rental fee', which would mean we would have to spend 1/2 hour on the phone with customer service every month to get this removed! The internet service was terrible and very intermittent. We had some financial hardship due to a death in the family and got 30 days behind on our Qwest bill (we were going to catch the bill up the following month), but without even so much as a letter of warning they sent our account to a collection agency and tacked on a $250 'cancellation fee'! We just got off the phone with the collection agency and they were EXTREMELY rude and unwilling to work with us, citing that they could not send us a copy of our original contract (which is in direct violation of the Fair Debt Collection Act) and my husband ended up in a scream-fest with them. We were trying to PAY them, not weasle out of the bill in bankruptcy like most people! So RUN, don't walk, from Qwest! Side note: we signed up with Comcast and so far they have been good.

Si

Comments

• Na
      3rd of Jun, 2016

I was a Qwest customer for many years (both residential and business) but after my experiences with them I would NEVER sign up for their service again! First of all, when we moved we signed up with Qwest for both internet and home telephone service. We bought the internet modem outright (they said that would save us money in the long run versus renting it), however every month they would charge us a 'rental fee', which would mean we would have to spend 1/2 hour on the phone with customer service every month to get this removed! The internet service was terrible and very intermittent. We had some financial hardship due to a death in the family and got 30 days behind on our Qwest bill (we were going to catch the bill up the following month), but without even so much as a letter of warning they sent our account to a collection agency and tacked on a $250 'cancellation fee'! We just got off the phone with the collection agency and they were EXTREMELY rude and unwilling to work with us, citing that they could not send us a copy of our original contract (which is in direct violation of the Fair Debt Collection Act) and my husband ended up in a scream-fest with them. We were trying to PAY them, not weasel out of the bill in bankruptcy like most people! So RUN, don't walk, from Qwest! Side note: we signed up with Comcast and so far they have been good.

• Hu
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Qwest Communications - Awful company
    Qwest Communications
    qwest.com

Qwest is a major telephone company in the northwest. I had a situation where they were over charging me on my telephone and cell phone service. I did not realize it and they had me change my phone plan to something more costly. By the time I knew what was going on, my service was turned off, in less then a month, they had post $1, 600.00 on my credit report and they ignored all my attempts to straighten it out. Instead of correcting their mistakes, they just completely ignore it and stick me with the bill. I am trying to arbitrate this situation through the Better Business Bureau, but with them being a well known company, I still look like another sour customer. Good ol' customer service is just lost forever...