Quiznos Sub / Tip skimming, and over all scumbagery

1 N/ABoston, MA, United States Review updated:
Phone: N/A

The owner of this particular franchise comes off as a nice, charming guy, but the way he does business leaves me scratching my head. In a nutshell, he skims tips, cuts off peoples over time, doesn't give raises.

I used to be the manager of this particular establishment until a few months ago. I had recently stopped by the shop to see how some of my old friends were doing. The stories I had heard blew my mind.

My friend, we'll call "G", had taken over my managerial responsibilities upon my leave, and after 2 months has not received any raise (He's been there for damn near a year and only makes 8.50, Massachusetts mind you, that's 50 cents above minimum wage). He had also informed me that he was keeping track of his pay stubs when he had noticed that the owner had cut his hours at 40, meaning that if he worked for 46 hours in that week, he was only payed for 40.

Upon approaching the owner, he was told that "You guys have to work faster, I can't afford to pay you over time", and eventually payed him the difference in cash.

Another thing that really bothers me is that no one knows just exactly what goes on with the tips. The owner takes them to his office, and if the staff is lucky, by the end of the month, they'll get 20 bucks each.

This Quiznos makes AT LEAST 20 a day in tips. Where does the money go? I would get bonuses once in while, probably out of the tip fund. Also, the owner is known to go on week long vacations on a fairly frequent basis. Are these vacations funded by the tip money?

My friend "G" supports himself, his girlfriend, her kid, and also pays child support. He is often told by the by the owner that he is "hurting" or isn't making enough money. While this may be true, he has a loyal worker that he's screwing over for greed.

When I was in charge there, I never saw any of this, with the exception of the tips. If I did have any solid evidence, I would report all these wrong doings in a heart beat. It seems like there is just a blatant lack of respect towards the staff.

If any one knows how I can deal with this burden of knowledge, please e-mail me right away, and I'd like to discuss this issue. My friends are being taken advantage of, and it's just not right.

Comments

• Ti
      18th of Sep, 2007
    Quiznos Sub - false hours of operation

I went to Quiznos Sub store # 4241 by the Financial area in NYC. Ordered a Prime Rib Sub and when I went back to my office to eat it bit into a plastic stopper. Definitely not what I expected to sink my teeth into.

• Th
      19th of Sep, 2007

Ur lucky.. at least it was not a rat or a finger nail.

• Mi
      19th of Sep, 2007

You feel a bad sandwich equals poor service? how so?

• Pe
      19th of Sep, 2007

Just so you know I had the same type of experience, the problem is .....nobody expects you to follow through with your complaint higher than management and some are
    franchise w/ there own set of values which give the company a BAD reputation.
    Remember this !!!
    Take your complaint up the ladder and ...dont go back to that location. Is it a franchised company ?? do your research. CALL THE HEALTH DEPT and REPORT..
    and...contact a local attorney to advise you on your rights. depending on your situation the law firm will be able to give you a free consultation.

GOOD LUCK

keep ALL PACKAGING,WRAPPER,FOOD,STOPPER FOUND,DONT EAT AND TREAT AS YOU WOULD AS POLICE EVIDENCE...

:o_)

• Pa
      9th of Apr, 2010
    Quiznos Sub - Worst Service
    Quizons Sub
    Arbors @ Malard Creek
    Charlotte
    North Carolina

This Quiznos in charlotte is worst that I have ever seen, this place is located at arbors at Malard creek. And owener was making a sub and had very poor service. I ordered small veggie sub and sub size was just a two bites and for $4.80 what? toppings were missing, changed the bread type without notifing ... In short worst owner and location to go. SAD

• Rt
      10th of Apr, 2010

I probably found one that was even worse in California City. Neither employee could speak English and had to read cards on how to make the sandwiches. I was the only customer in the store and waited 22 minutes for two sandwiches.

• El
    Las Vegas
    Nevada
    Phone: 702 300 1335
    eldarmenta@yahoo.com

I bought 3 coupons at grupon I pay 24.00 dlls for value of 48.00dllss the 3 coupons were for only one location wich was about 25 miles for home but I bought them anyway finally I decide to use them on Sunday August 4th
    My kids and I drove 25 miles to have a dinner at Quiznos but we get there and the restauran was close I check the schedule and it say Sundays open from 11am to 8pm and the time was 6:00pm
    We ask the locals next to Quiznos and they day never openthat day and they always been in that way closing or just not open the key was in the door since day before someone forgot the key when they close
    My grupons going to expire tomorrow and I dont feel like want to try again 25 miles to see if it is open or not they dont respect the sign with the schedule posted on the glass door
    I found they are very irresponsable and I want my money back
    I took some pictured and I ended paying 27.30dlls at Zaba's next to Quiznos because my kids and I were hungry and I was waiting for the operator at the 1800# to find out if they going to open lstter or what ?

• Ry
      6th of Aug, 2013

what was the real time.

• Ge
      26th of Aug, 2013

8 at night is pretty late for a sun, are you sure it wasnt 1-1-6?

• Iv
      30th of Nov, 2013

groupon is not related to quiznos. you should get your money back from groupon. now, you drove 25 miles to save a few bucks? at $1 per mile that is $50 to save $15. great mom, teach your kids to be wise in financial matters.