Quickertek / Scam and cheating

I bought a Quicky USB Transceiver for my Mac Mini. The product did not deliver any better performance than what my Mac Mini originally did. I returned the product to test for any defects and the product was returned back to me. Again after I installed the tested product there was no better signal reception. I called to return the product and was told that according to company policy they did not refund money, only gave store credit. Well, I did not want anything else from them. I was turned over to a manager that rudely told me the policy again. I was never told of any special policy when I ordered it over the phone with a salesperson. It was written on the invoice after I purchased it, which stated that by making a purchase with Quickertek you are agreeing with their terms. Of course you don't know that until after its too late and they have taken your money. The owner told us to return the product and that he would look into it personally. We did return it but he has since told us that his lawyer will deal with us when we file a small claims suit against them to get our money back. It makes you wonder if it is all just a scam, they say they have a product that would work for you, but once they have your money does it matter if it really works? Because, they are not going to give you back your money, company policy.

Li

Comments

• Br
      19th of Dec, 2011

Yep. I had a similar experience with them. I spent 300 dollars (!) on one of their transceivers and it didn't work. The surly tech support person told me that it must be defective and I had to send it back for repairs (at my expense). I did and it came back two weeks later (missing the usb cord I put in the box with it) with no explanation. It still didn't work. Whenever I called them after that for help, they would just hang up on me. I do believe that these people are ### and just out to steal people's money.

• Tr
      21st of Apr, 2013

I too had a bad experience with them. I bought their 1-Wall transceiver when it was first released and could not get it to work at all. Their customer support person I talked with (Caroline?) was rude and impatient with me. Despite the fact that I was very polite to her. At one point I asked her why she was being so rude to me and she said, "Sorry, but it's Monday. What do you expect?" She told me to return the item for replacement (at my expense). I did and some two weeks later it was returned (minus the usb cable I returned with it). There was no documentation in the box as to whether they fixed it or not. And of course, it still didn't work. Subsequent calls to them were met with the same surly and impatient attitude. Last time I called and politely asked for some help, the guy I spoke to groaned and hung up on me when he couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. I wish I had Googled their name before I wasted my money. I would have learned of their poor customer service (and their BBB rating) and very poor exchange (no refund) policy. Now I'm stuck with this overpriced paperweight. Anyone thinking of doing business with these people would be well advised to do their research first and seriously consider buying from a more reputable company.