Quicken Loans / deceived me and kept my deposit
Consumers beware!! Get everything in writing before giving your deposit.
I dealt with a certain loan officer who took my $500 deposit after lying to me about key details and leaving out valuable information/burying points into to the cost of the loan and saying "closing costs are standard and non-negotiable" when I questioned him again about the high closing costs he finally came clean because we were closing the next day and figured it was too late to do anything but it is never too late.
I then cancelled the loan because I don't do business with dishonest people. I was told by the loan officer on our initial phone conversation that my deposit would be returned "if anything happened" and after I put down the $500 (Double checking again it would be returned if something happened) shortly there after I received paperwork stating different.
After arguing back & forth via e-mail he apparently forwarded my complaint to his director. His director contacted me to see if there was anything he could do to give quicken another chance - even offering to extend the rate lock and lower my rate another 1/4% because he was worried his loan officer lied/omitted details and was very concerned about quickens reputation (Not concerned enough to do the right thing and return my deposit though) and he should be because it only takes a few bad experiences and negative word of mouth costs them potential customers.
After not receiving my deposit back and trying to get them to the right thing I gave up and went with sure point and you know what... I got a better rate and way lower closing costs because the gentleman there was honest about everything.
More Quicken Loans Complaints & Reviews
- Quicken Loans - former employee 
- Quicken Loans - fraud and scam 
- Quicken Loans - got me to commit by giving the wrong figures 
- Quicken Loans - fraudulent company 
- Quicken Loans - $500.00 deposit 
- Quicken Loans - mortgage loan - bait and switch
- Quicken Loans - loan qualification under harp
- Quicken Loans - Unauthorized hard inquiry on my credit report without my permission
- Quicken Loans - "mortgage counselor" amanda fratt
- Quicken Loans - mortgage servicing