Quicken Bill Pay / Unauthorized billing

I scheduled a payment on my credit card account for the same day that I get paid. Quicken Bill Pay created a paper payment for an account that could have been paid electronically, mailed it early enough that the credit card company received the payment and processed it two days before the payment was scheduled. As a result, there were insufficient funds in my bank account to cover the payment, my bank returned the payment, and charged me an insufficient funds fee of $35. The credit company did the same, another $39 returned check fee by credit card company, a late payment fee of $39, and they jacked my interest rate from 4.99% to 28.99%. I called the credit card company and they would not work with me. I called Quicken and they told me it was not their problem, so I just fired Quicken Bill Pay because this little stunt is going to cost me hundreds of dollars in late fees and additional interest charges.

I have been a Quicken Bill Pay customer for a long time. 8+ years. When I first signed up for that service, the premise was that you scheduled a payment for the day you wanted it to be paid. They would send a payment and then debit your bank account the date it was scheduled. Seems that they don't do that anymore and it's cost me dearly. They could care less and blamed it on me. I am hopping mad and think that they don't deserve to be in business.

Ro

Comments

• Ly
      18th of Jun, 2018

I have been a Quicken Bill Pay user for many years. I decided to try to use my bank's service instead of paying the $9.95 a month charge that Quicken assesses. I found that Quicken was easier and reapplied for an account.

I received an email on June 3, 2018 that stated my account was opened an I would receive two small deposits in my checking account to verify it within 2-3 business days. I didn't receive the deposits so i called and was told that they were running behind.

As of today, June 18, 2018 I still have not received the deposits. I called again and after a lengthy search on their part was told that I didn't qualify because they couldn't pay bills that I had entered when I had the bill pay account. They claim that they sent me emails telling me this but I never received them. I checked my old emails, my deleted email back to 2017 and there were no notifications. I have not overdrawn my account, but if I did, I have a backup for overdrafts so they can not claim that the money wasn't there.

I have also had many problems with the Quicken service that I have been using. I have spent over eight hours on the phone with them since the beginning of the year because when I opened my Quicken, as I do every morning to check my banking accounts, the checking accounts were not recognizable and didn't reflect the current transactions and balances. I believe this is due to the new ownership.

Unfortunately, i have purchased the Quicken software and do not have any recourse.

I would not recommend anyone using Quicken now.