Queens Auto Mall / Stay away from them

I started my look online when I saw my dream car listed for only 4000 dollars. I called and spoke to 3 different representatives and they assured me the vehicle would pass inspection and was able to be driven home from Queens to upstate New York. I drove down, a 85 mile trip to look at this vehicle. I thought it was perfect and since I had made my father drive me all the way there, I felt pressured into buying it.

We went into the office to discuss price, I brought enough cash to pay off the listen price and taxes. Then I was slapped in the face with a 449 dollar auction fee, despite the fact that I had not taken place in any auction. I still thought the price even with the auction fee was reasonable, so we continued in the purchase. I was ready to drive the car home that night, but it had a whole to-do list in order to pass inspection (where the truth comes out). We agreed that it would be ready the next day, signed the papers got it registered (way over priced registration) and went home.

The next morning comes and I call to see if it is ready. Turns out, they hadn't even looked at the car yet and it "probably won't be ready until Monday". A whole 4 days after I planned on bringing the car home.(keep in mind that this car is paid off in full by this time, so I should have received it ASAP) So I waited all weekend to get the car.

Monday comes around and my father goes to queens to get the car for me. He drove it home and I got in the car. Two miles away from my house, the car breaks down and smoke is coming from the hood. I had to call a tow company to tow my newly purchased car, no more than 2 hours after it was picked up! I then had the car looked at and was handed a long list of things wrong with it. Such as, wheels installed incorrectly, leaks in the engine, cracked windshield, horn does not work (how did it pass inspection?) and many other problems.

I will never recommend buying a car from Queens Auto Mall, the people are obnoxiously rude, and greedy. I’ve learned from my mistake here, and I am going to be paying for it for a while. Just please, save yourself the trouble and stay away from this place.

Va

Comments

• Qu
      6th of Nov, 2009

STAY FAR AWAY FROM THE QUEENS AUTO MALL...STAFF TO BEWARE OF 1. BRUNO...HE IS THE HEAD JERK IN THE SYSTEM...HE WILL ROB YOU ONCE U LEAVE ANY TYPE OF DEPOSITS...THERE IS NO GETTING IT BACK...DEAN!!! NEXT ### IN LINE...HE SWEET TALKS YOU IN TO THINKING THAT THE CAR WILL PASS INSPECTION THEY NEVER DO!!!THE CARS THEY HAVE ARE LEMONS...I REPEAT LEMONS...YOU WILL DEFINETLY REGRET BUYING FROM THE QUEENS AUTO MALL...YOUR BETTER OF BUYING A USED CAR AND PUTTING A LITTLE MONEY IN TO IT...GOOD LUCK!

• Ik
      6th of Mar, 2010

bruno is a fat ### ### that only thinks of himself. New york state law require you to take vehicle back to them to be fixed 5 times for the same problem. then the lemon law is in effect.

• Ya
      11th of Mar, 2011

woooooo thank you so much for sharing your experience i was just to stop by on saturday !!! thank you so much ... good luck next time . and i hope i will find my car soon !!!

• Mr
      7th of Apr, 2011

Well i am sorry that you got into a bad car, however i paid cash for a 2003 hyundai sonata and this car is running smoothly i dont have any complaints on this place at all.

• Av
      24th of Feb, 2012

I don't even need to go into the details of how they are fraudulent. It is quite clear:

18th of Sep, 2017

Its been many years since I've been to this business. Probably 20 years or more since i was there last. In the 80's -90's this place would actually hold auctions. The building would be packed with people and they had lots of cars to choose from. i would go there nearly every weekend to look at the selection of cars. Each time I discovered that of the cars offered 95% of the inventory was obviously junk, broken, poorly resprayed vehicles with missing parts i.e. headlights, tail light, door handles etc. I would wait around for the auction to see just how they'd sell these cars and how much they'd sell for. To my surprise the packed housed bid frantically and pushed these junk cars to prices that should never have been paid. This was especially prevalent when the high end vehicles rolled across the auction block some of them smoking, clucking and tapping, some even had to be pushed across the block. The Auctioneer would shout and scream in the traditional Auctioneers cadence the hammer would bang loudly and repeatedly. It was an incredible scene. The real show began after the auction a the little window when it came time to pay up. There would be several shouting matches between customers and staff ranging from the auction fee that was disclosed in the auction flier which many people never read to missing titles. There were even people from previous auctions attempting to return the junk cars they'd purchased. I continued to visit the auction and one day i found a car that appeared to be well kept; a SAAB 9000CSE. It was the best car I had ever seen there. The car went through the auction and bid itself into oblivion and didn't sell. One of the auction hype men told me that I could arrange to buy the car post auction which I did. i don't remember what I paid but it was substantially below the high bid. I was told there would be no test driving of any cars. I told them I'd withhold payment unless I drove the car and was then allowed to take the car out for a test drive. The car drove well with no issue other than a clicking CV joint. At the time i had limited knowledge of what it would cost to fix the CV joint but figured it wouldn't be too crazy. Well after being quoted well over $2000 by several shops it made my purchase not such a great bargain so I sold the car and lost money. I continued to visit the auction hoping that one day I'd find the right car, i was young then and captivated by the atmosphere and after all an auction was supposed to be the place where you buy good cars cheap, Right?... Dealers did right!? On one occasion I was so frustrated with watching people buy theses junk piles that I shouted out during the auction "ITS NOT WORTH THAT, ITS NOT WORTH ANYTHING" i did this while a couple of cars were on the auction block, i was eventually escorted out. i am truly surprised this business still around. I drive pass there on occasion. They now have a standard dealership model with shiny glass display windows on the outside of the buildings, i don't think they do the auctions anymore though. I must say, from the street the cars look better... But. Its a shame that people are still going there and being ripped off. I think there are far too many dealers that are run by crooks with hidden fees and cars that would never be sold at any respectable dealership. places like this have no regard for consumers. Let's get the word out about this establishment and put them out of business. DO NOT VISIT OR BUY FROM THEM!