Quantum Financial Solutions / &Bate and Switch& tactic!

1 5303 Spine Road, 2nd floor, Bolder, Co 80301Bolder, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888 852 7978

I was contact by Jay Galica form Quantum Financial Solutions, LLC about solving my tax problems.He explained how Quantim Financial would be able to help me. After several calls and talking to Jay, we asked me if any other company had called to represent me which I answered yes. He asked me what they were going to do the case for and I said $2500.00. He said that Quantum Financial would agree to do the work for that amount. I inquired at that time, if they would be asking for more money later and he said this would be a "Flat Fee" and they would NOT be asking for anymore money. At that time, I decided to sign up with Quantum Financial. After signing up, I was directed to work with Mike Wallen. Mike Wallen insisted that if I was paying in two installments that I had to pay $2950.00. I did pay this. Now when we are about half way thru resolving issues on my taxes, Mike Wallen from Quantum Financial is demanding another $3500.00 or he will not continue representing me with my case. After this discussion with Mike and telling him that Jay Galicia told me that this would be a one time fee of $2500.00, I called Jay Galicia and talked to him. He said he did indeed agree on the $2500.00 flat fee and that he would talk to Mike Wallen and get back to me in about one hour. Jay Galicia did not get back to me. That was on April 1, 2008. I tried to contact him again the next day and then again on Thursday. On Friday morning, April 4th, I again called Quantum Financial and requested to talk to jay Galicia. The receptionist said he was in a meeting and would get back to me in about one hour. This did not happen and I called about 3 more times that morning. Finally, I called again and the receptionist said he was in a conference meeting. I asked to talk to his supervisor and I was directed to Joseph Locken who then said the Jay Galicia was in his car and that they called him on his cellphone to call me. This is not what the receptionist had told me about 2 minutes before. So I am getting the run-around from Quantum Financial.

On Saturday I get this email from Mike Wallen - "Please let this email serve as a reminder that we need to move forward immediately. I understand your concerns, however, I have been handling your case file for quite sometime now and we do need to move toward resolution with the State of Wisconsin. I understand as well that you might not have spoken with Jay Galicia as of yet. However, he does not have the authority to issue a final say as to the happenings with your account. We have power of attorney for you and I have been the one in touch with your Revenue Officer. If he does not receive the information he needs he will issue a cash register seizure of the business on April 11th. I suggest not being open that day if we do not have financials prepared."

This email appears to try to pressure me to again hand over money that I am not suppose to be handing over. This is a "Bate and Switch" tactic. I do not feel that this company will any longer even try to help me solve my situation. I would recommend any person that is being contacted by them to "Be Aware" and go to a local attorney that they are familiar with. I will be pursuing this until I get resolve from Quantum Financial Solutions, LLC, Boulder Co.

Comments

Ch
  23rd of Apr, 2008

I have to say that i disagree with the posting from this customer. I happen to have a mutual friend that works at another 0ne of these kind of firms (actually in Colorado as well). After reading this customer's posting and speaking with my friend it really sounds like this customer is tip-toeing around the fact that there may be more to the story. I could be wrong of course but from what I understand of the business is that there is always more to the story.

Mo
  11th of Nov, 2008

I agree with the posting. Quantum has done almost the same exact thing to me. They have taken money out of my account and has not provided the services they say they were going to fulfill for me. I am so disgusted with them. I have called and asked for a break down on how my money is being used and I can't get anyone to answer me. Not to mention for the short time I have been with them they have lost three Senior Associates that should be handling my situation.

Jo
  23rd of Apr, 2009

I agree based on my experience with them

Ta
  28th of May, 2010

I have worked for several of these companies over the past ten years and have the inside scoop on all the major tax resolution companies in Colorado. I am currently working with several state AG's and have shared my stories with a Federal Marshall.

For the 411 on these companies: http://taxresolutionincolorado.blogspot.com/2010/05/blowing-whistle-on-colorado-tax.html

If you need any additional information on these companies I'd be more than happy to tell you the truth. My email is tax.truth@yahoo.com

Ty
  19th of Jan, 2011

Same exact thing happened to me. They quoted a flat rate fee up front, and them came back later and stated that they were near a final resolution/settlement with the IRS that that if I did not pay the additional money, they would not represent me. They later denied that I was sold a flat rate price for their services. If the same thing has happened to your company, I recommend that you contact the FBI to file a formal complaint.