Quality Sheet Metal Services / Unprofessional

1 4976 Wescott Blvd. # 821Summerville, SC, United States Review updated:

Beware!!!

I contracted with Eric Molton of Quality Sheet Metal to do some copper roof work on a historic house In Charleston, SC.

We agreed on a price and discussed the particulars of installation and methods to be employed. Eric apparently does none of the work, his brother showed up with a helper to perform the agreed upon work.

The work performed at the end of the day was so bad, it would be difficult to describe here. Zinc plated fasteners against copper, ill-fitting and mis-cut panels, bends and creases in flat panels, if it could be done incorrectly... it was. Additionally some of the work performed was not what was agreed upon: specified soldered flash work; got step flash(on a radius transition...etc., unbelievable). Turns out brother Molton doesn't solder.

I called Eric that evening, let him know there were problems, and asked that he inspect the work and correct before any additional work be performed. Well, Eric never showed. I was able to cancel the check I had given him, which oddly, he had me make out to his fabricator.

A week or two later, I received a message that if I didn't pay his fabricator for materials I may get sued. Materials that had been left on site mysteriously vanished from the job location about this time. Never heard from Quality Sheet Metal again. Good riddens. Unprofessional, serious lack of required knowledge to perform agreed upon work, BEWARE!

I had another sheet metal craftsperson do the work, he not only removed Quality's work but finished the job as specified in the same day.

Comments

• Er
      10th of Mar, 2009

The statment about Quality Sheet Metal is false.The fact is that the person that wrote the complant bounced his check to the supplier ( Pinnicle seven metal fabricators ). We had no choice but to halt the progress. He also refused to return the copper and at that point it was left up to pinnicle seven to persue him for payment of the matierals.