Quality Consumer Research / Scammers

Quality Consumer Research is a Counterfeit Check cashing scam !!! Be warned that this company uses the Employment section of newpapers to place ads for Customer Service personnel, then "hires" you to be a secret shopper. They unfortunately did it to me. I responded to an employment ad in the Daytona Beach News-Journal for a Customer Service Rep. Two weeks later, I received a letter stating that I had been "hired" to evaluate consumer services and products. They gave me an assignment to evaluate the service provided by Money-Gram, and included a Cashier's check for $980: $810 to be sent to Canada, $15 for the Money-Gram fee, and $155 for my "salary". I supposed I should have realized this was a scam, but it didn't come via e-mail, and it was (finally) a job! They used UPS to deliver the "assignments" and checks. I spoke with a RAY MARTIN (probably a fake name) in Toronto, Ontario Canada, and faxed the Money-Gram receipts and evaluations to him each day. When I received 4 checks in one mailing, I finally got suspicious and searched on line for this scam. I went to my bank with the 4 checks. It took the bank 2 days to determine that these were counterfeit. The bank Vice President told me she would have cashed these checks, as they were excellent forgeries. Now I am out $4, 000.00, as the bank collects the value of these counterfeit Cashier's checks from my account. These guys are still in operation! I have continued to call them, and it's obvious they have a lot of people fooled! I reported this to the bank, the local police, the FBI, the FTC, and the Canadian police in Ontario. I know these guys will probably never be caught, but I want to save others from being scammed like I was.

Comments

• Pe
      14th of Oct, 2009

Received the same check for $980 just this week. However, the address of Quality Consumer Research was 6922 No. 3 Road, Richmond, BC V6Y 2C1. The telephone number on the letter is 289-892-5800. The person I was to speak to was Shawn Morris and the "secret shopper" was for Western Union. Lori Barrett was the "Account Representative" on the letter.

I did not take this check to the bank and did google "People's United Bank" of Connecticut. The bank is valid - but I'm pretty sure the check is forged.

I am going to send the check and letter directly to the bank and leave it up to them. It is easy to see how someone could be taken in by this - everyone BEWARE!