Quality Cleaners / Lost my dress slacks

1 4610 WESTERN CENTER BLVDHaltom City, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: (817) 656-9899

They lost my $180.00 dress slacks. When I asked to be compensated $120.00 (for the depreciation of the slacks) and provided a RECEIPT for the slacks---they offered me $19.00!

They were very rude during the whole matter and refused to compensate me for fair market value of the item.

Beware of this company!!!

Jo

Comments

Se
  9th of Jan, 2009

I was a customer of this establishment for nearly six years. I was not always completely satisfied with their service, but because they are close to my residence I continued to provide them with my business.

Recently, they lost a very expensive pair of dress pants that I own. Understanding that this can happen, I elected to work with them over a course of many days while they looked for the lost item. Eventually, when they concluded the slacks were lost, I spoke with the “manager" and asked to put in a claim. I paid $180.00 for the pair of slacks, which were approximately six months old. I offered to provide them with a receipt for the slacks, and to deduce the amount based on time owned to $120.00.

The manager bluntly informed me that (and this is a direct quote), “When a customer loses an item at my business, they play by my rules." He then indicated that I would receive no more than “10 times the amount to dry clean the item", which results in $19.90 (or nearly $100.00 less than market value for the item).

My requests to speak to the owner over this were in vain, as the in-store personnel informed me, “the owner can't do anything for you."

Consequently, I want you to please be aware of the business practices employed by “Quality" Cleaners when they lose a customer's garments. If you have any items to be dry cleaned that are valued at greater than $19.90 (or items to be laundered that are valued more than $13.90) and they lose that item—which can easily happen—they will refuse to make amends. They will laugh at you and rudely tell you to “get lost."

Now my only recourse is to rely on the courts to ensure that I am fairly compensated, which I am confident they will, but this is a nuisance no one desires to deal with.