Quality Car and Van Rental / Failed to rent us a car

United States Review updated:
3.35
Quality Car and Van Rental - http://qualitycarandvanrental.com/

Our experience with this company has been bad. Had we checked the BBB site and found their rating 'F', we wouldn't have reserved any thing.

Below is part of our communication with the company.

Dear Quality Car and Van Rental:

We made a reservation for a car with you on Feb. 12, 2007. See below for a copy of the confirmation email your company sent us. However, we didn't have a car when we arrived at the Ft. Lauderdale airport at 12am on April 1, 2007. You only said that you don't have a car for us. Not even a word of sorry. We had to rent a car from Payless for a lot more than what you had promised. You failed to notify us that you didn't have a car for us on the day of travel. You failed to make an effort to get us a temporary car, or offer a temporary solution.

Below is what you posted on your website about yourself:

During his career he became disillusioned with the treatment that coworkers and customers alike we subjected too. He was amazed at how companies advertise the fact that the customer is their life blood and how customer service was their number one priority, the treatment of these same customers was very impersonal. This brought the sad truth to light and soon he made the decision to open his own rental car company.

As a customer, I don't see anywhere that you are taking care of your clients in a manner fitting your claim. We have filed a complaint with BBB.

The BBB that will handle your case is:

BBB Serving Southeast Florida and the Caribbean

(West Palm Beach, FL)

2924 N Australian Ave.

West Palm Beach, FL 33407

Phone: [protected]

Fax: [protected]

Email: info AT seflorida.bbb.org

Web: http://www.bbbsoutheastflorida.org

It has been a long time. We lost the company's reply.

Below is our response to your letter:

We read the responses from Quality Car and Van Rental. There are major discrepancies:

5. The pickup time clearly indicated at 12am. They offered and agreed to this pickup time at the time of ordering.

6. The car should be ready for pickup and associates should be available at that time.

7. They failed to notify customer when you know they don't have a car for this order.

8. We phoned the company before and after the reservation, specifically regarding this pickup time. We were assured that the rental office don't close till 2am. It would be a breech of the contract if the call were routed to an answering machine at the agreed pickup time.

We were very disappointed at the response. We also run small business. We know it is difficult. At the time of ordering, we specifically gave the company a chance, compared to many large companies. When we arrived, the person who answered the call told us the reason: due to a failed return by another client, they didn't have a car for us to rent. It was not the office hour they stated in the response letter, it was not our oversight.
Va

Comments

Fb
  20th of May, 2008
I had the identical experience with this unreliable company. No cars to rent, and they didn't even answer the phone on the night when my family and I arrived at the airport. I also was forced to rent a car from someone else at the last minute, for a lot more money.

I filed a complaint with the Florida Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services, which Quality ignored. The Dept. has now marked my complaint "Closed Unsatisfactorily".

I also posted a report at my3cents.com.
He
  18th of Jul, 2008
DO NOT RENT OR STORE YOUR CAR HERE.

The owner and their STAFF are horrible to work with. They never return calls or are willing to fax your documents to you.

The previous reviews listed online are by (elgringo65) is the OWNER.

elgringo65@mindspring dot c o m <-- here is his email address. Google it and you'll find that Scott M. Kupferman's email handle is elgringo65.

One would think that a business owner like elgringo65 (Scott M. Kupferman) would be smarter than this than to leave a good review of his company...when in fact they're CROOKS.

My issue was that I rented a car from Quality Car & Van Rental and never received my deposit back. I turned the car in on time...with the exact amount of gas that I left with...etc.

I signed the paperwork and left. 2 weeks later stil haven't received my DEPOSIT back of over $700 that Scott M. Kupferman still has.

I had to call the credit card company. The "clause" is that car rental places have up to 30 days to return your deposit. So during the meantime...I'm out the $700 deposit thats still linked to my credit card.

Here is another example (see link below) of how this business runs. The gentleman in the link below and I have been in contact with each other to resolve my issue...which is still pending.

AGAIN. DO NOT RENT A CAR OR STORE YOUR CAR HERE

Scott M. Kupferman and his staff are bad to work with
Mo
  13th of Aug, 2008
DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY! THEY ARE CROOKS! I called them to pick me up for the rental and they didn't have anyone available. They told me to call back and once I did they wanted to give me a car with a busted tail light. They were serious and this was the manager that found this to be amusing. He told me to call bak again, so he could look for another car. Once I called back the manager was "out". The only car they had available was a van. I told them to cancel my reservation. THEY COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY WASTED MY TIME, WHEN THEY KNEW NOTHING ELSE WAS AVAILABLE!!! LOSERS!
Ke
  17th of Sep, 2008
THIS COMPANY SUCKS!!! It's now been 4 months since I've rented and still have yet to get my cash deposit returned. They told me I would get it back when I returned the car but they didn't have cash on hand at that time. They told me they would refund the deposit to my credit card the next day and never did. I've called 57 times and SCOTT the ONLY person that can do this is NEVER in! They suck!