Quake Kare Inc. / Scam and rip off!

11969 Challenger CourtMoorpark, CA, United States Review updated:
2.5
Phone: 805-553-0688

This company sells emergency supplies, and should be out of business! Not only do they sell cheap kits that I can make at the .99 Store, they have bad customer service when it comes to returning an item. They give you the fun around, and charge you a $4.00 packing fee without your knowledge until it is too late. BAD company to do business with and BEWARE!!!
Va

Comments

La
  6th of Nov, 2010
I've used Quake Kare on several occasions now, and have found their products to be well worth the price - especially the 2400 and 3600 calorie bars, and the thermal sleeping bags. I've used both while backpacking, and would recommend either. Quake Kare's shipping charges are a little high at times, but their charges are directly in proportion to the weight of your order, and their base prices are so low on most items, that the final prices are quite fair. The above complaint is obviously posted in anger due to Quake Kare's return policies, which I can't speak to, as I've never had reason to return anything that I've ordered from them.
Ge
  26th of Jun, 2013
I ordered replacement supplies for emergency kits for my autos. Quake Kare states that their products have a 5 year shelf life. The water they sent me expires in 4 years. I received no response to an e-mail I sent regarding the expiration dates. I called and the representative said that the water has a 5 year shelf life from the day it is packaged. It doesn't do me any good for the water to sit on their warehouse shelf for a year before I get it. Owner Sherry was supposed to call be about the expiration dates, but she never has. Also a light stick was short from my order and that was not replaced either. I will not use this company again. Their products are sub-standard if the expiration dates are not current and the attitude of their customer service is very poor to non-existant.