QSI Quality Subscriptions / offered to wash windows instead of magazines

1 P.o. Box 2224Buford, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 7708317722

Scheduled to wash windows in return for the donation for St. Jude hospital magazine subscriptions. Solicitors name was Dave Tracy

Comments

• Ga
      12th of Oct, 2008

• Ge
      1st of Nov, 2008

A young man by the name of Heath Hayes (? #2583) solicited money from me to help him go to a baseball playoff and give magazines to St. Jude on October 30. He also offered to wash my windows today (Saturday) but did not show.

Do you know if the company itself--Quality Subscriptions Inc. --is legitimate. G

• Cy
      16th of Nov, 2008

The same happened to me yesterday, I don't think the company is legitimate. It was the same young guy same number #2583 together with his cousin, all I found on line was rip-off.

I already submitted a stop payment on the check.

I hope the police can take care of this.

• St
      22nd of Nov, 2008

Guy offered to clean windows and never showed up. Phone number to contact was 972-280-0438. Phone number was not good.

• De
      25th of Nov, 2008

I met the same young man with the same story. I have spoken with Ashley at Quality Subscriptions several times and she assured me that he works for them and she has put my refund check in the mail last week. Still waiting...

• Wi
      2nd of Dec, 2008

Same story.
    Two 18 yr olds came to door representing Quality Subscriptions, Inc [QSI] soliciting donations to purchase books for a local childrens charity. Both said they lived in our subdivision and had graduated from local high schools--rattled off the school names and names of our neighbors. [We are new to this neighborhood and didn't have great familarity with the schools or neighbors]. One said he was on a baseball scholarship to the local university. They offered to wash windows or some other odd jobs in appreciating of our paricipation and scheduled us for 3:45PM Saturday.

We bit on their sell job. Very slick and convincing. They had "QSI ID", color brochures for the children's books, and printed receipts with computer-generated receipt numbers in duplicate. We got their names and phone numbers. Later our neighbor googled Quality Subscriptions, Inc and it came up on multiple scam-alert websites. All of their contact info was bogus.

• Co
      8th of Apr, 2009

A guy came to our house today after scamming a neighbor (or more)for $144 for books to be donated to our local private school. He offered "baseball lessons", car details or window washing after discovering from another neighbor to details of our day to day activities. He told us that he lived in our neighborhood, that his mom wals her dog in our neighborhood, he drops the names of our neighbors in conversation...

He was friendly until my wife decided NOT to contribute to his fund raising ($144 was the MINIMUM contribution). At this point, his tone changed and became very creepy. He had no literature to give my wife and was surprised that my wife would not make a decision without talking to her husband. He went as far to comment on our religious belief when he saw a mezzuah on our door.

This guy was weird and is not welcomed on my property EVER again. Please warn your neighbors about this scam>>>

• Su
      17th of May, 2009

Ditto to the story above. Same exact story, but this time he's raising money for a baseball team. I feel like a fool, but was able to stop payment on the check before he cashed it.

• Bi
      29th of Jun, 2009

i worked for company for 2 dayes and got screwed the mans name runing this scam is nathan smith his number is 867-548-3773

• Ne
      26th of Jul, 2009

The same thing happened to me. they were so slick and convincing. Two teenagers came to my door representing QSI. they had IDs and appeared legit. took me for two hundred dollars.

• Mr
      11th of Aug, 2009

Just had this happen to me last night. I bit. The kid knew neighbors' names and everything. Wrote a check for $150 (he tried to get me for $250). Then I had second thoughts about an hour later. I mailed the cancellation notice first thing this morning and then also placed a stop payment on the check. This kid was very charming and convincing and also offered to do chores like wash windows. It would be nice if he tried the scam on the 2 state cops that live in my neighborhood! Would love to see that!

10th of Dec, 2009

i worked for this company and i loved being out on the road and getting to travel all over the country and really all the agents are good people. its a job and the books and magazines really do go to the childrens hospitals where we fill out the recipt for the books to go . which is always the near by childrens hospitals and we do send real childrens books and childrens magazines. yea its a lie but they are sales men they sale their personality pretty much. that is what the main boss told us. he said that people dont want magazines but they will buy from you if they like your personality. and you know what... they were right, in every single comment i have seen so far thats what it talks about first is the persons personality.