Qatar Airways / flight

Birmingham, England, West Midlands, United Kingdom

Flight 3ROX5U QR35 and QR962
Mr David Cooper and Miss Kate Bolton

My new husband and i departed birmingham airport for bali on the 15th June to celebrate our honeymoon. I can honestly say Qatar Airways ruined the first 24 hoursof our trip. We travel frequently, quite often long haul. This is our first experience of Qatar and I hope our last.

When greeted at Birmingham Airport the check in process was smooth and we received complimentary upgrades to additional leg room because we are celebrating our honeymoon. This is the only good thing to happen!

- On board the 1st flight the service was terrible! It yook over 1 hr to get a cup of water. I was advised i could not collect my own water and i could not have the bottle they were pouring from. This is ridiculous! Surely you cannot deny water to passengers.

- On board the second flight the same occured with the ridiculous wait for water.
This time we were seated next to a lady travelling with a young child. When the crew came to fix on the bassinet for the child it was noticed that neither me nor my husand could access our tv screens. We called the attendant who helped the passenger move her child so we could take out the screens however once they were out we could not put them back in without disturbing the sleeping baby which i was not willing to keep doing. As a result we were stuck (literally) in our seats unable to get up for 9 hrs!
The only solution the crew could offer was to move our seats but they could not sit us together! We are anxious flyers on our honeymoon... we are not sitting sperately! That is a ridiculous solution!

- The food served in the plane was terrible to say the least. I do not expect a 5 star meal however there was so much salt added. Surely its unethical to serve such high salt food and then deney water!!!

- On both flights my husband advised the crew that we were celebrating our honeymoon and ask if he could purchase some champagne or something of the liking. He was told no... however i am quite sure this is served in business class so they clearly have it... we were not asking for it free we were happy to purchase it but no one cared!

When arriving at our final destination and waiting an hour for bags it turnrd out that 1 bag didn't make it onto the plane beacuse there was not time... however there was time for 1 bag?!?!? This is a ridiculous excuse and the staff would not give us a deffinate time frame on when it would arrive. That is unacceptable.

Both suitcases were returned to us with a broken wheel on each one, filthy and with 1 luggage strap missing and no apologies.

This trip was booked via Kuoni Travel - a luxuary tour operator! A copy of this email is going to them to inform thrm on the terrible service offered. I hope they will reconsider future buisness with your airline.

I can honestly say my husband and i are dreading our retrun trip!
Please consider this to be a formal complaint and please note that we are expecting appropriate compensation for our terrible experience. A honeymoon is a once in a lifetime experience that was ruined!

I look forward to your prompt reply and look forward to hearing how you intened to compensate us fot all of thr above and improve our retun trip!

• Updated by Kate Bolton, Jun 20, 2017

Flight 3ROX5U QR35 and QR962
    Mr David Cooper and Miss Kate Bolton

I can honestly say my husband and i are dreading our retrun trip!

Ka