PURRR Enterprises / Unpaid work

1 214 Edgecombe AveNew York, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 212-699-0975

Matt King, the president of this organization, asked me to do freelance work for him at an agreed upon hourly rate. I trusted him based on the fact that we were both involved in a volunteer organization at the time (it tunrs out he is involved only to make business contacts and for financial gain).

I completed the work for him, in addition to sitting through various meetings and conference calls, during which time we were supposed to be discussing the volunteer organization. Note: during this time I traveled to his home office for a period of two months. He never paid me for the work that I completed, and continues to ignore e-mail requests for payment.

Comments

• Bi
      19th of Apr, 2009

It's pretty crummy you didn't get paid, but I hope you learned business lesson #1 - always get it in writing.

11th of Jul, 2009

Thank you for that commentary Kristen. I would be more than happy to resolve this matter, exactly what work did you complete and was it completely satisfactory. I am a business person and it was always made clear to everyone in the Dance Parade organization, that I was their for business and I have a love/passion for dance.

Quite honestly your attitude and being unprofessional is what terminated our business relationship. If you feel that I was in the wrong you should have taking me to court. I believe your Despite this I still have respect for you and I wish you the best.

MATTHEW KING II
    Managing Director
    PURRR Enterprises

• Ts
      25th of Jul, 2009

Matt King is a borderline scam artist. He approached me as well, to do graphic and web design for his companies. We have agreed (and I have it in writing) the hourly rate, and when he was to pay me. He kept giving me jobs to do and eating up alot of my time. I became wary at the number of jobs he was giving me, and his ability to pay, because with the first payment--which was only $30-- he was late, and used another person's account/credit card.

He is very slick.
    I sent over two files to him so that he could make his changes. I KNEW that I may lose out, but just told myself I would give him the benefit of the doubt since I personally knew him from Dance Parade, so I thought it might be OK. But then he kept giving me design jobs, and I told him that I would wait until the following week (and his next invoice) before I started any new jobs. I did this to see if he would pay me after I gave him the invoice. Sure enough, when the invoice was sent to him, I got no response, and the following day, he asked me for more source files. I told him, not until I receive payment. He did EXACTLY what I knew he would do: threw a tantrum, and told ME that I was unprofessional! This was over a month ago, and he has made no attempt to pay, and has used my files to promote his parties. I have dated screen-grabs of my work online.

He claims that he 'terminates' people, but truly he doesn't have the money to pay for the work, and goes missing when it's time to pay up.

Currently he is using the address of one of his clients(?) as his own business address. I will be sending mail notices to both the Harlem address and the 74th St. address before taking him to court.

BEWARE.

27th of Jul, 2009

Thank you for your commentary as well Tatiana Smith, this is the first time I have heard of someone complaining about receiving work. It would appear that the fault and mistake is mine for doing business with select "volunteers" from Dance Parade.

My first reaction was to address all of your complaints however I came to the conclusion this is a loose way for unhappy people who are unprofessional to deal with their perceived GREIVANCES. A professional, in my opinion, would take that person to court or file it with a government agency. Because I am confident about myself and my intent to do good business with people, I don't intend on taking any action towards you for these comments which in court could be perceived as DEFAMATION of CHARACTER.

I do encourage viewers who are reading COMPLAINTS.com to BEWARE. This a very low level form of DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER without all of the facts or presence of the individuals in question, this is a poor gage to determine the parties character or intent.

If anyone who wishes to business with Matthew King II or PURRR please feel free to ask me directly about these two complaints and I will be more than happy to address them.

MATTHEW KING II
    Managing Director
    PURRR Enterprises

31st of Jul, 2009

At first, when Matt never paid me for a rehearsal I ran for him (also a signed agreement), I let it go. For one, I believe in Karma- what goes around, comes around- and secondly, it was not a lot of $ owed and not worth the energy to make a fuss over or take him to court for. However, Matt, it is not cool nor professional to join a non-profit organization ONLY to use their volunteers for your own endeavors, after promising to make payments for services agreed upon. If you don't have $, don't offer it-PERIOD!

• La
      10th of May, 2010

Matthew King represented my company for a product sale In December of 2009 in which he collected over $1, 500 cash for the sale. The next day, he paid me half in cash and half with a check, which he asked me to cash after December 25, 2009. The check bounced, and since then, he has repeatedly promised to pay the money and his promises have not materialized. He paid a portion of the money owed in March, but still owes me over $450 plus interest and fees outstanding. He has not returned my phone calls, text messages and emails repeatedly. If I do not get a resolution in due time, I will take him to court, even if it means costs and time on my side, because I will not let this go on principle. The bounced check will serve as evidence in court for intent to de-fraud, which in New York state law is considered check fraud, markings on his credit score, and can result in misdemeanor charges and also up to 3x the bounced amount in fines. For anyone else who has been de-frauded by him, please contact me at info@lailalee.com so we can collect evidence and work together to get our money back.

• St
      7th of Jul, 2010

He is a slick talking swindler, and his attempts to discredit those that are complaining... will never hold water. HE is a terrible business person, and I have no doubt that the many complaints on this site are true. I wish I had known about this site before I and my company got involved with him. I'm not going to divulge the whole story as I did earlier, and when I hit submit it seems to have vanished into cyberspace. In anycase... I agree with Laila Lee, we should band together to get our money back... I've already won two judgements against him... totally more than $10, 000... Do not, under any circumstance, do business with this guy. email me directly if you wish to know more. dancesteve@aol.com I am in the process of locating assets, bank accounts, and employer information. If anyone has any leads on these items, I'd appreciate the info. As I learn this information I will also post it on here and send to those that have left their complaints on this site.

Good luck to everyone. I'm sure it will be very difficult to collect, as he clearly has demonstrated his inability to actually run profitable business ventures... No doubt he doesn't actually have a real job, so that will be a challenge as well. He promised for more than a year to pay me small amounts and somehow was not even able to make one single payment. I mean, even an employee at McDonalds could probably afford to make $200 per month payments... lol

good luck... look forward to hearing from you soon.

Steve