Purple Pleasures / They take money but dont deliver

1 KetteringEngland, Staffordshire, United Kingdom Review updated:

This website store will take your money and not deliver any products. Also they will not reply to any e-mails or answer there phone. Avoid this company at all costs or you will l0se your money like I did.

Comments

• Al
      23rd of Mar, 2009

I placed an order and they even went as far as telling me that they were waiting for an item but they did not ever seem to receive it. That was 1 month ago!!!

• Ts
      26th of Mar, 2009

Complete con-artists. Took money fast enough but no good delivered. Didn't answer emails or the phone. Byer beware. Contacting trading standards.

• Da
      29th of Mar, 2009

Bunch of con artists is correct. I managed to get these fools stripped of their ISIS (Internet Shopping is Safe) Acreditation. That was some satisfaction after 5 weeks of ignoring my e-mails and failing to respond to the ISIS officials trying to step in and help. Tradings Standards must be getting quite a file together on these clowns? DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE IDIOTS. YOU WILL NOT GET ANYTHING THAT YOU PAY FOR BUT THEY WILL BE QUICK TO CHARGE YOU FOR YOUR GOODS. THEY IGNORE ALL YOUR E-MAILS TOO?

• Am
      8th of Apr, 2009

i just tried to place order n pay for it twice.. no joy so tried the contact number on site and also got actual number from enquires and both are no longer available or in use.. very dodgy so should set alarm bells ringing.
    totally agree with all comments above, this site should be shut down!
    AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

• Mo
      18th of Apr, 2009

i am absolutely seething right now.it seems like i can add myself to the growing list of people these complete thieving ### have stolen from, i hope they get what they deserve-i.e. a nice prison sentance.just how many people has this happend to!? i have the adress of their premises, if anybody is up for comfronting these light fingered ###s then im at the front! AVOID THIS AT ALL COSTS.

21st of Apr, 2009

Yep we ordered but they didn't deliver either...

Their website has gone down, but it looks like they have been taken over by 'venus sales'. They don't anwer their phones either!!! The new website is www.purple-pleasures.com.

I phoned up the neighbours at the original address (kettering) a few weeks ago, and they said that they hadn't noticed anyone coming or going at the building. If they knew they were going bust, they shouldn't have still taken our money.

I'm very angry because if it was any other type of business this would have been much more public by now, but they seem to think they can get away with it because its sex toys. GRRRR!!!

21st of Apr, 2009

Right, I've made a VERY interesting call!!

I tracked down an alternative number for 'Venus Sales'. The guy threatened me when I said that I'd put it up on here so that you could also contact him (apparently it is a personal number), but after phoning their official number in excess of 30 times (during the day when it is apparently manned) with no reply, and them not getting back to me when I left a message, tough...

Venus sales have taken over the website and name of Purple Pleasures, but not the debt it seems. I'm not quite sure of the legal status/implications of such a move, but he's washing his hands of it all. He says we should contact our bank to get the money back.

Venus Sales: 0845 226 3373

21st of Apr, 2009

Purple Pleasures have had problems in the past which is why we are in the process of taking the website over (it is currently being transferred to our servers).

Our main site is Temptations Direct, however we are going to be running Purple Pleasures as an entirely separate website.

I am really sorry about the problems previous customers have faced and we are going to do all we can to help and to prove we offer a good service. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee past orders as these are out of our control and we do not have the order details. However we will provide assistance for you to reclaim your funds from your credit card provider where possible.

When customers purchased products from Purple Pleasures before 20th April 2009 they had a contract with Purple Pleasures Ltd. The owners of which have decided to cease trading. We offered to purchase the domain name from the company and they accepted, hence we will eventually own purplepleasures.com and purplepleasures.co.uk. We have not purchased nor taken control of Purple Pleasures Ltd.

We are going to be emailing all previous Purple Pleasure customers when the site is fully under our control to advise them of the change and to give a fantastic offer for giving us the opportunity to prove we can deliver.

To give you a bit of background on our stock holding we supply over 7, 000 products (7, 058 to be exact) and are usually 98.5% fully stocked which ain't bad.

Regarding the previous post, I have just personally checked the answer machine and no message has been left.

21st of Apr, 2009

I've now spoken to a woman from Consumer Direct. I explained the whole thing, and she seems rather concerned. She has asked me to write some letters etc, and then to contact her again if I do not get resolution, and in the meantime she will pass it onto Trading Standards. She requests that other people who have been in this situation also contact Consumer Direct on 08454 04 05 06 .

Whether the new operation with Venus Sales is legit or not, does not excuse him hanging up on me on the phone, or threatening me with prosecution for providing his contact details here!! We are the victims of a fraud, and should not be treated or threatened like this.

I do not want to get drawn into a debate about whether I left a message or not. I most certainly did.

Right, now on to Companies House...

21st of Apr, 2009

Just to clarify - the reason we are all asked to contact Conusmer Direct, is that the more people that complain, the more likely they are to do something about it.

This stinks of fraud to me - not just a company going bust.

21st of Apr, 2009

I too have just contacted Trading Standards and have spoken to the person in charge of the Purple Pleasures case.

I have explained that we are happy to try and help customers of Purple Pleasures Ltd, however we cannot be held responsible for the actions of that company.

I have also explained we are happy to offer a discount to customers who have been disadvantaged by Purple Pleasures Ltd.

I do not blame anyone making complaints about poor service, however do not call my personal number about a company we are not part of.

I am not happy with my personal number being displayed, I have already had abusive calls on it and it is irresponsible of anyone to publish a personal number on a website when they have been asked not to.

I also do not want to get drawn into a debate about whether or not a message was left or not.

Our help line is 0845 226 3373 and we will do all we can to assist, but please be advised we are not the company you made the original agreement with.

21st of Apr, 2009

Hmnnn my suspicious mind reminds me that the first time you've mentioned this 'discount' is to trading standards. Coincidence?

It is not irresponsible to give a number on which the new company can be contacted if the number you have supplied does not work. I'd be interested to know actually if anyone else manages to get through on the 0845 number.

Thank you though Steve for confirming to us that Trading Standards already are dealing with a purple pleasures case. If you are truly trying to help us, perhaps you could provide us with the details of which branch of trading standards is dealing with it, and any complaints numbers etc.

21st of Apr, 2009

I am not going to be drawn into discussions about Trading Standards that is between you, Purple Pleasures Ltd ad Trading Standards. I simply advised them of the situation that we had purchased the domain name so they could keep their records up to date.

Trading Standards did not give me any information as they cannot do this since we are not Purple Pleasures Ltd.

Regarding the discount we had already decided on this and have given out a code to two people this morning.

3rd of Dec, 2010
    Purplepleasures.com - This firm will take your money, then not deliver
    Purplepleasures.com
    purplepleasures.com

RIP OFF !!! - This firm will take your money, then not deliver, will not answer mail or phone calls, and are still trading on the web.

3rd of Dec, 2010

Hi, I am the owner of PurplePleasures.com (since May 2009) and would like to know more details as to why you are making a complaint against us. Could you please give me some more details like an order number. Thanks Steve