Purolatorworst courier company ever!

Worst delivery company ever - never again!!!

Purolator has got to be the worst delivery company. Absolutely worthless with rude clerks and lazy drivers!

I purchased tires and had them delivered to me by purolator. On the day of the arrival, I noticed from the window of my house that the purolator truck came and so I waited at the window to see if the driver would need my help. So i'm standing there at the window, in full view of the driver who comes out of the truck, sees me there at the window, and then goes ahead and puts something in the mail box at the edge of the driveway. He then goes ahead and gets back in the truck and starts driving away!!!

Flabbergasted, I open the door, without a coat on (Snow around us is about 2 meters high in montreal) and start running after the truck, to wave the driver down and in the process fall down on the ice, break my eye glasses, my wallet flies out of my pocket.

So I pick myself up, I head to the mail box and inside the lazy driver has put a delivery notice saying that I wasn't home!!! I do a tracking on the web and the results say that I wasn't home!!!

So I take the delivery notice, and go to the purolator office to pick up my tires, for which I paid extra for door to door delivery. I'm at the purolator office and they ask me for an id and that's when I realize that when I fell down, the transparent nylon pocket that holds my drivers license and medicare card is not there, it had fallen out of my wallet when my wallet flew out of my pocket when I fell.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Montreal, WIMeanwhile this is the day of the big storm in montreal and I had driven to the purolator office under treacherous conditions. So the clerk refuses to release the goods to me unless I show a government id with my photo. I show her my social security card with my name on it and all my credit cards with my name on them and my costco card which has my picture on it, but she's not budging so I get extremely angry and we have an argument. Bottom line is that she won't release my goods unless I show her a government issues photo id.
So I drive back home, grab my canadian permanent resident card which has a photo of me and is government issued and drive back to purolator office. This time they won't release the goods because the canadian permanent resident card has no address on it but in my presence they just gave merchandise to another person who came to pick up and he showed them his medicare card which does not have an address on it!!!
So now the manager gets called because the matter is escalating beyond reason, and after making my case with the manager why I don't have another id for 40 minutes, they finally give me my goods.
The driver who caused all this mess did not even ring my door bell to check if I was at home, even if he didn't see me at the window - which is impossible not to because my windows are large and I had all the lights on and I was standing there waiting for him!!!
I will never buy from a company again who uses purolator to ship their goods, I will never use purolator for any of my shipping needs. Absolutely worst company ever!

Be
Dec 23, 2013

Comments

• Be
      Dec 23, 2013

Worst delivery company ever - NEVER AGAIN!!!

I purchased tires and had them delivered to me by Purolator. On the day of the arrival, I noticed from the window of my house that the Purolator truck came and so I waited at the window to see if the driver would need my help. So I'm standing there at the window, IN FULL VIEW of the driver who comes out of the truck, SEES ME THERE AT THE WINDOW, and then goes ahead and puts something in the mail box at the edge of the driveway. He then goes ahead and gets back in the truck and starts driving away!!!

Flabbergasted, I open the door, without a coat on (snow around us is about 2 meters high in Montreal) and start running after the truck, to wave the driver down and in the process fall down on the ice, break my eye glasses, my wallet flies out of my pocket.

So I take the delivery notice, and go to the Purolator office to pick up my tires, for which I PAID EXTRA for door to door delivery. I'm at the Purolator office and they ask me for an ID and that's when I realize that when I fell down, the transparent nylon pocket that holds my drivers license and medicare card is not there, it had fallen out of my wallet when my wallet flew out of my pocket when I fell. Meanwhile this is the day of the big storm in Montreal and I had driven to the Purolator office under treacherous conditions. So the clerk refuses to release the goods to me unless I show a government ID with my photo. I show her my Social security card with my name on it and all my credit cards with my name on them and my costco card which has my picture on it, but she's not budging so I get extremely angry and we have an argument. Bottom line is that she won't release my goods unless I show her a Government issues Photo ID.

So I drive back home, grab my Canadian Permanent resident card which has a photo of me and is government issued and drive back to Purolator office. This time they won't release the goods because the Canadian Permanent resident card has no address on it but in my presence they just gave merchandise to another person who came to pick up and he showed them his Medicare card WHICH DOES NOT HAVE AN ADDRESS ON IT!!!

So now the manager gets called because the matter is escalating beyond reason, and after making my case with the manager why I don't have another ID for 40 minutes, they finally give me my goods.

I will never buy from a company again who uses Purolator to ship their goods, I will never use Purolator for any of my shipping needs. Absolutely worst company ever!

•   Jan 02, 2014

Hello Bedros,

Thank you once more for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent experience with Purolator. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

As mentioned by Vincent on our Facebook page, if you can send the tracking number to customer.[protected]@purolator.com, we will follow up with the driver regarding the situation.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Jérémie
    Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team

Purolator Inc.
    E-mail: customer.[protected]@purolator.com
    www.Purolator.com

Sep 09, 2019

I have to agree that Purolator is THE worst delivery company that I have ever dealt with. I too will avoid doing any business with Purolator in the future!