Purolator / driver skipped delivery

1 Canada

I ordered a TV from Amazon two weeks ago. It was one-day shipping but Purolator never picked it. A week after the original order, Amazon realized it's not going to happen and created a replacement order.

This time the TV was picked up in Alberta and transported to Quebec. I check the status in the morning and it said "On vehicle for delivery". So I decided to stay at home to wait for it. Around 2pm, I checked the status again, and to my surprise, it became "Shipment refused or could not be delivered", although I had been waiting all the time.

I called their customer service. After about one hour's waiting on the line, I explained the situation to their agent, who was not very surprised. She even said it's probably because the driver did not have time to deliver every package so he just drove back to the facility. Apparently it's a common practice with them.

• Updated by Petra Axolotl, Dec 07, 2018

UPDATE: I talked to Purolator twice after the skipped delivery. Both times they promised it would be re-delivered the next day. And unsurprisingly, it did not happen. The third time when Amazon's representative called them, Purolator confirmed that it was already on its way back to Alberta. Amazon had to create a replacement, for a second time.

SOLUTION: It is possible to ask Amazon's representative to add a note to a particular address that a carrier should be avoided. Most representatives don't know this possibility. But it exists. I had to talk to several before such a note was added to my address.

• Purolator Customer Care's Response, Dec 07, 2018

Hi Petra, please accept our apologies for this incident. We are experiencing delays due to extreme volumes and weather in certain areas. If you'd like us to take a look a the status and provide more info, please email us the tracking number of your TV.

Thanks,